Reload this Page >

Missing British Television in Canada

Missing British Television in Canada

Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Missing British Television in Canada

Originally Posted by nivlad
have you got any proof that this is illegal, you say probably crap but have you anything to back this statement up? I am not being pissy just that have thought about using web casts for tv. I must admit the price of £4 for life seems too good to be true and hence probably is I can't find an message boards on the subject.
I did say "or illegal" I googled "free web tv" and found a few boards taliking about this - I too was interested in getting the beeb on the web. All I found was kids selling powerpoint presentations conatining web links that were advertised as "free web tv for life" so all you get for your $4 is a list of URLs, when found out the kid did say that he saves you the trouble of searching yourself and that it seamed like a good idea at the time - based on this, and you answered yourself, it's too good to be true, no ligitimate company is going to sell you tv for $4 for life! so I say again, it's either crap and free anyway or illegal. Prove me wrong and I would be happy to get free beeb on my pc - good luck
Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:42 pm
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough

Testosterone Alert.....come on boys, give each other a hug, kiss and make up. LOL

Originally Posted by brit_in_fizroy
I did say "or illegal" I googled "free web tv" and found a few boards taliking about this - I too was interested in getting the beeb on the web. All I found was kids selling powerpoint presentations conatining web links that were advertised as "free web tv for life" so all you get for your $4 is a list of URLs, when found out the kid did say that he saves you the trouble of searching yourself and that it seamed like a good idea at the time - based on this, and you answered yourself, it's too good to be true, no ligitimate company is going to sell you tv for $4 for life! so I say again, it's either crap and free anyway or illegal. Prove me wrong and I would be happy to get free beeb on my pc - good luck
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:18 pm
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pollard
Testosterone Alert.....come on boys, give each other a hug, kiss and make up. LOL
anyone for a hug then??

I think brit_in_fizroy is right but I am still tempted to try web tv out, although my wife is certainly not The best thing is that we can access BBC radio in canada which is more important to me than tv (although no football on fivelive if not based in the UK
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Quinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant future

Must say that when in Canda I am hoping to spend more of my time NOT in front of the TV (now where's my Canoe?)

BUT - am already mourning having watched my last 'Match of the Day, / 'Football Focus'/ and of course my last UK coverage of the Cup Final (won by my beloved Arsenal!).

I know that I can see games on 'Fox Sports World Canada' as well as on TSN and Rogers' Sportnet which is what I watch when visiting Canada but it's just not the same without Motty and that camp funster Lawro.

The other weird thing about watching footy on Tv in Canada is the time difference which makes it a little weird but then again it DID allow me to watch Arsenal beat Everton on the morning of my wedding day BEFORE the ceremony in the afternoon!

Sorry Corrie fans - footy is my passion!

M.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:44 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quinn of Québec
So, you're a footy-fetishist?
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:11 pm
OMG - I'm back

Originally Posted by Quinn of Québec
Must say that when in Canda I am hoping to spend more of my time NOT in front of the TV (now where's my Canoe?)

BUT - am already mourning having watched my last 'Match of the Day, / 'Football Focus'/ and of course my last UK coverage of the Cup Final (won by my beloved Arsenal!).

I know that I can see games on 'Fox Sports World Canada' as well as on TSN and Rogers' Sportnet which is what I watch when visiting Canada but it's just not the same without Motty and that camp funster Lawro.

The other weird thing about watching footy on Tv in Canada is the time difference which makes it a little weird but then again it DID allow me to watch Arsenal beat Everton on the morning of my wedding day BEFORE the ceremony in the afternoon!

M.
I know what you mean Quinn of Québec but you can still listen to 606 and lots of footy talk on fivelive (but no webcasts unfortunately, Doh!). I think Lawro is on drivetime on Fridays. Better than nothing. I must also admit I don't like the north american commentry of british football, just not the same somehow
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:48 pm
Banned

I can't believe you lot are getting all worked up about football and the broadcast of it over here in Canada. Well.....it's not the number 3 sport over here, it's way behind curling, hockey, and canadian football.

Surely you weren't expecting it to be the same like the country you are about to leave? We all have to sacrifice something during times like these, be it family, friends, a job we enjoyed, close proximity with europe, and things like that.

It's not that you can't access the uk media from here, there are a whole plethora of ways to do that, it might not be the same, but at least you are still in touch with what is happening over there. Aren't you glad you are not coming from North Korea, where everything is monitored?

Nivlad.....I see you are moving to Guelph, there seems to be a huge Portuguese, English, Scottish and Italian hold round there from what we've heard, and am sure there must be loads of places where you can enjoy the games on satellite or even join a team.

We know a scottish guy that helps coach the university of guelph soccer team, and what he tells us, people round there are well into it. One last thing though...

Would you rather stay in the UK and get your soccer fix, or move to canada and have a better life, and enjoy the scenic area and nature?
Old Jun 7th 2005, 3:14 pm
OMG - I'm back

I can't believe you lot are getting all worked up about football and the broadcast of it over here in Canada. Well.....it's not the number 3 sport over here, it's way behind curling, hockey, and canadian football.

Surely you weren't expecting it to be the same like the country you are about to leave? We all have to sacrifice something during times like these, be it family, friends, a job we enjoyed, close proximity with europe, and things like that.

It's not that you can't access the uk media from here, there are a whole plethora of ways to do that, it might not be the same, but at least you are still in touch with what is happening over there. Aren't you glad you are not coming from North Korea, where everything is monitored?

Nivlad.....I see you are moving to Guelph, there seems to be a huge Portuguese, English, Scottish and Italian hold round there from what we've heard, and am sure there must be loads of places where you can enjoy the games on satellite or even join a team.

We know a scottish guy that helps coach the university of guelph soccer team, and what he tells us, people round there are well into it. One last thing though...

Would you rather stay in the UK and get your soccer fix, or move to canada and have a better life, and enjoy the scenic area and nature?
hi pollard, that is interesting as I am going to work at the university! what is the guys name? I am going to find this hard to write but I am not the football player in our family (more of a runner/rower) my wife is.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:13 pm
Banned

So you won't be missing much then, what is this with all the sports on TV then? You are going to be working at the university, doing what? I'll try and link you up with the guy, he moved here in 2002, and his name is Stew.

hi pollard, that is interesting as I am going to work at the university! what is the guys name? I am going to find this hard to write but I am not the football player in our family (more of a runner/rower) my wife is.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 7:32 pm
OMG - I'm back

So you won't be missing much then, what is this with all the sports on TV then? You are going to be working at the university, doing what? I'll try and link you up with the guy, he moved here in 2002, and his name is Stew.
Am I to take it that you are in Guelph? I am going to be working with pigs although I am a marine chemist, strange eh
Old Jun 7th 2005, 7:53 pm
Banned

We are in Brantford actually, but met this guy through an aquaintance of ours. Working with pigs, what is that all about then?

Am I to take it that you are in Guelph? I am going to be working with pigs although I am a marine chemist, strange eh
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:00 pm
OMG - I'm back

We are in Brantford actually, but met this guy through an aquaintance of ours. Working with pigs, what is that all about then?
well to cut a long and smelly story short I am looking at reducing the environmental impact of the pig industry, yep poo on the land . I am also working in reducing salmonella and e coli in pig feed and hence in the pig.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:05 pm
Banned

They pay for this kind of stuff?

well to cut a long and smelly story short I am looking at reducing the environmental impact of the pig industry, yep poo on the land . I am also working in reducing salmonella and e coli in pig feed and hence in the pig.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:09 pm
OMG - I'm back

They pay for this kind of stuff?
yep, the pig industry is huge in Southern Ont, lots of very rich piggy people. However, I have taken a huge 30% pay cut to move back. I just hope we don't decide to move back to the UK again in a few years time! What do you do?
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:12 pm
Banned

I work in accounting, and the wife works in Telecommunications. I know there are a lot of pigs in southwestern ontario, and even northern ontario, we saw a lot of them on saturday, driving up to tobermory.

yep, the pig industry is huge in Southern Ont, lots of very rich piggy people. However, I have taken a huge 30% pay cut to move back. I just hope we don't decide to move back to the UK again in a few years time! What do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.