Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Missing British Television in Canada

Missing British Television in Canada

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing British Television in Canada

Originally Posted by bombards
Sure that episode was around Feb this year. As a true Manc, I have been weaning myself off Corrie, so that when I arrive later in the year, I will be up to date with the story lines...... How sad am I ?????

Bombards

Not sad at all - just a die hard Corrie fan - welcome to the club
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:27 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Calgal
Not sad at all - just a die hard Corrie fan - welcome to the club
I disagree. That is exceptionally sad.

I'm surprised the episode is so recent. I'd have expected a longer lag than that.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:32 am
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by newapojim
Hi,

Does anyone know, if you can get any cable or satellite packages (Ontario) to show proper British channels (not just BBC World or news 24 crap).

I mean like SKY one, or UK Gold..or any other BBC channels Sky sports..... all my faves when I had SKY TV....sob.....

James
If you have broadband at home you can get Sky TV on your computer. I think it cost about £5 (pay through pay pal). I haven't tried it but probably will when we got over in August.

Here are some links:

http://www.watchskyfree.com/

http://www.watchskyonline.co.uk/

http://www.free-sky.tv/

I have no idea if they are any good or legitimate, the site say it is not illegal but....this is the internet!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:36 am
OMG - I'm back

Originally Posted by Voyager970
James

Put your dummy back in

You are in a new land, go out and explore, meet new friends, forge new relationships, forget british TV, its a load of crap.

Eddie
I think this is a mean comment . Yes the countyside, albeit bug infested, is great but if you are feeling a little out of sorts in a new land familiar tv can not hurt!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Souvenir
While we're on the subject, the episode of Corrie I was forced to watch last night featured Jack Duckworth in drag at a ladies' bowling competition. When was that aired in the UK?
hey that was aired last summer here im sure of it. i dont know why any one would mis the load of BS we have on telly here, unless your a big fan of reality tv we have a load of that
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough

If you watch any amount of tv in uk you are going to miss it here. 90% of tv in north america is us in origin - that means all the us sitcoms, cop shows and reality junk - and don't worry if you miss an epsiode, it will be repeated until the sun freezes over. The remaining 10% consists of Brit stuff, various channels already mentioned show this, and a small amount of Canadian. Be wary of internet tv - do not part with any money to anyone unless it's a major source ie. BBC or SKy. There are lots of websites advertising "streamed TV" for a small fee, but these channels are generally free anyway and not worth watching. Remember, if it says it's free, it's probably crap - laced with commercials - or illegal - beware.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Jack Duckworth in drag at a ladies' bowling competition.
I thought he looked pretty good.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:49 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nivlad
I think this is a mean comment .
Mean, I think this forum is getting a wee bit to PC here

Come on where's your sense of humour, or is it just us jocks that have one

Get a grip nivlad !!!!!!!!!!!.
It was light hearted humour and I think most guys took it this way, but as they say theres always one !!!!!!!!!!

MMMMMM getting a wee bit to serious are some folks

Eddie
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:01 am
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough

OK boys give each other a hug, kiss and make up now. LOL
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future

I often ask myself (yes, I do have interesting conversations with self!!) whether Canadians actually do watch Coronation Street and then a coworker said to me today that he watches it all the time. He says it's funny because they are always down the pub and yet complain they don't have any money - hmmm, sounds familiar!!

Anyways up - a good place for a laugh and a reminisce on your fave programmes of yesteryear is www.sausagenet.com - it'll have you reaching for your dummy again in a jiffy!! Then when you've finished you can grow up, have a pint and complain about being skint - ahh, the joys of adulthood!
Old Jun 4th 2005, 9:09 am
OMG - I'm back

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Mean, I think this forum is getting a wee bit to PC here

Come on where's your sense of humour, or is it just us jocks that have one

Get a grip nivlad !!!!!!!!!!!.
It was light hearted humour and I think most guys took it this way, but as they say theres always one !!!!!!!!!!

MMMMMM getting a wee bit to serious are some folks

Eddie
Live in Canada and get a grip
Old Jun 4th 2005, 9:10 am
OMG - I'm back

Originally Posted by pollard
OK boys give each other a hug, kiss and make up now. LOL

LOL
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Tantallon7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newapojim
Hi,

Does anyone know, if you can get any cable or satellite packages (Ontario) to show proper British channels (not just BBC World or news 24 crap).

I mean like SKY one, or UK Gold..or any other BBC channels Sky sports..... all my faves when I had SKY TV....sob.....

James
I have to say that you're one sad individual if you're living in Canada and say that you miss British television; look around you, and enjoy! Talk about needing to get out more...
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tantallon7
I have to say that you're one sad individual if you're living in Canada and say that you miss British television; look around you, and enjoy! Talk about needing to get out more...
I guess you're not in Canada. Americans here miss the quality of the TV they get at home.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Zero7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be so glad when I'm out in Canada, that means less T.V to me, I just can't stan sitting in front of the TV anymore.

All I really watch though is Footy and that is the only thing I shall really miss, I couldn't give two hoots about eastenders, corry, emerdale or the rest of the $hit that covers our screens...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.