Reload this Page >

Missing British Television in Canada

Missing British Television in Canada

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

newapojim is on a distinguished road
Default Missing British Television in Canada

Hi,

Does anyone know, if you can get any cable or satellite packages (Ontario) to show proper British channels (not just BBC World or news 24 crap).

I mean like SKY one, or UK Gold..or any other BBC channels Sky sports..... all my faves when I had SKY TV....sob.....

James
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:59 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing British Television in Canada

Originally Posted by newapojim
Hi,

Does anyone know, if you can get any cable or satellite packages (Ontario) to show proper British channels (not just BBC World or news 24 crap).

I mean like SKY one, or UK Gold..or any other BBC channels Sky sports..... all my faves when I had SKY TV....sob.....

James
James

Put your dummy back in

You are in a new land, go out and explore, meet new friends, forge new relationships, forget british TV, its a load of crap.

Dont think you can get Sky etc over in Ontario, but I stand to be corrected

Eddie
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

James
You could look at DirectTV, the US provider, they have it in the pub so as to be able to get more football. It's not quite legal but then most things are not quite legal in Ontario.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:29 am
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough

Voyager............you are too funny, you nearly had me spilling my tea over a client's accounting documents. LOL The closest that person will get to british tv shows, is TVO and CBC here in ontario. They have a lot of shows, especially coronation street, and the new doctor who.

Originally Posted by Voyager970
James

Put your dummy back in

You are in a new land, go out and explore, meet new friends, forge new relationships, forget british TV, its a load of crap.

Dont think you can get Sky etc over in Ontario, but I stand to be corrected

Eddie
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:32 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

James
What Voyager said....
Load of crap on here anyway...
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:51 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

While we're on the subject, the episode of Corrie I was forced to watch last night featured Jack Duckworth in drag at a ladies' bowling competition. When was that aired in the UK?
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:21 pm

NewCalgarian is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get BBC Canada (available thru cable or satellite in Alberta, Not sure about ON) - they have some pretty good UK dramas. Have to admit that I do miss UK TV a bit. Have been watching Coro on CBC and if all else fails theres the internet and EBay - recently bought my wife all five series of Cold Feet, which is a nice blast from the past!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Hi,

James
Get digital cable or satellite for BBC Canada. There are quite a few British shows on the regular channels too if you search the listings. If you miss soccer, get Fox Sports World (also on digital cable or satellite) and you will have all the soccer you can stand plus some rugby. You can get an illegal dish and pick up stuff from other countries, but you have to deal with the company changing the codes and then it quits working and you have to get your card reprogrammed.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

I wonder how long before we can watch any channel re-transmiited over the web with digital speeds ever increasing? Won't matter then where you are....
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
I wonder how long before we can watch any channel re-transmiited over the web with digital speeds ever increasing? Won't matter then where you are....
There used to be a website that did that for Toronto, but they got shut down by Rogers Cable pretty quickly. You could watch any channel live that was available in Toronto. This was shortly before I moved here in 2001.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:43 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the T.V go outside...

you have winter in 6 months time make the most of the good weather now and worry about the TV when its too cold to go outside
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 4:06 pm
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough

Expect rain for the weekend though Mike, that is what they are predicting anyway. Was in your neck of woods over the weekend, driving through HWY 7, and saw a game of cricket being played, with people all dressed in their uniforms.

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Forget the T.V go outside...

you have winter in 6 months time make the most of the good weather now and worry about the TV when its too cold to go outside
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by sysclp
There used to be a website that did that for Toronto, but they got shut down by Rogers Cable pretty quickly. You could watch any channel live that was available in Toronto. This was shortly before I moved here in 2001.
I was more refering to say Sky on the internet being subscribable to anyone wishing to log on.... you never know..?
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 4:26 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pollard
Expect rain for the weekend though Mike, .

that a 40% chance on rain on Sunday only.... I'm off to St Jacobs market on Saturday morning followed by a drive to Tobermory for Saturday night then out to do some hiking and a drive back on Sunday evening...

and yes cricket is quite common here as we have a large Indian & Pakistani population you find cricket being played at all levels in many parks, if you look deep enough in SW Ontario you can also find some rugby clubs
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Souvenir
While we're on the subject, the episode of Corrie I was forced to watch last night featured Jack Duckworth in drag at a ladies' bowling competition. When was that aired in the UK?

Sure that episode was around Feb this year. As a true Manc, I have been weaning myself off Corrie, so that when I arrive later in the year, I will be up to date with the story lines...... How sad am I ?????

Bombards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.