Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Migrant Tales!

Migrant Tales!

Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:10 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrant Tales!

Originally Posted by deeana
Then don't read them. Simple really. But some people want to know the truth before they go, so they can avoid falling into the same traps.

See?

Take care
Deeana
Nice bit of patronising to start the day, thanks!
You misunderstand me, I hate these sort of posts because they depress the crap out of me.
If I didn't read any of them I would still be thinking that all is fine and dandy with regards to jobs which obviously isn't the case. Not the sort of stuff which makes fun reading when your whole future depends on it.
I don't know about you, but I really don't fancy driving taxis for a living, mainly because I don't know the way around my own town let alone a new one
But as Iaink says, you have to push yourself to get these jobs, which I intend to do.
Have a nice day

Last edited by Bleech; Jun 16th 2005 at 7:16 am.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleech
I don't know about you, but I really don't fancy driving taxis for a living, mainly because I don't know the way around my own town let alone a new one
You're not in Toronto, are you ? The cab driver's here invariably need directions even to the airport, the main railway station, Filmores; the places people go in taxis. The quality of cab drivers here has changed my view of the general value of education, cab drivers typically have a PhD or, at least, a Master's but they have no ****ing clue. This leads me to think that a purely academic education is of little value, being an historian or a civil engineer doesn't help with day to day life and so, perhaps, Mrs Thatcher was right, government's should think twice before funding non-vocational degrees.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:34 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Mrs Thatcher was right, government's should think twice before funding non-vocational degrees.
Plenty of really dumb engineers out there in my experience. Besides, Where would the UK civil service be without all those upper seconds in Anthropology from either of The Universities
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Morwenna]Oh be very careful!!! .... I dared to make some similar comment one time and was nearly thrown off the forum!! MOI!!!!??????

I Understand your comment and I apologise if it was taken the wrong way, it was not my intent put down other nationalities, but are there not BB forums more suitable - each nationality will have it's own problems with immigration. Anyway...

Plenty of really dumb engineers out there in my experience Oh how true. A degree is not a passport to riches as some think, it's just a piece of paper that says you are able to sit down and learn something and maybe you might have the basic knowledge of a subject. I have worked with useless people from waterloo and brilliant people from the local college.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

deeana is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Bleech]
You misunderstand me, I hate these sort of posts because they depress the crap out of me.

Hi
Yes, I did misunderstand you.
Sorry,
Deeana
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:08 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=deeana]
Originally Posted by Bleech

Hi
Yes, I did misunderstand you.
Sorry,
Deeana
I feel guilty now
Karma on it's way