Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Messy breakup in Canada after she sponsored me.

Wikiposts

Messy breakup in Canada after she sponsored me.

Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:21 am
Just Joined

smithy10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Messy breakup in Canada after she sponsored me.

Okay, got sponsored to live with my common law wife. For years she has been living off me and had the best of everything. So, we move to canada with about 15K --- paid for her school and stuff like that- we didn't work and the total went down to 6K. It was money in my bank account- mostly was mine from salaries. Anyway, we had massive fight and I walked out. I regreted however I was lost and scared with the move and took me a lot of time to adjust......a few days later I wanted to work things out and she was over me ... all she wanted was half of my money. I told her I need that money to help pay for my expenses......she said that was not her problem. Now .... I did act like a crazy person the past three weeks, mostly because I was alone in hotel room with nothing to do and she seem to be having the time of her life and trying to make me jealous. I called her a lot of bad curse words...I was drunk most of the time......I did say horrible things in emails. Now- she is thinking of taking legal action for everything .... I told her that this is a bad breakup and that she needed to know that I need money to suport myself. She lives with her parents. She told me to go back home, but i have nothing to go back home too. I begged for her to work on us and go to counselling but she was too busy wanting money.......now things are messy...I don't know what she wants I have no money in the bank and my father is going to help me out a little and I plan to college welfare since she has no money....... her fam hates me but she also screwed up my life. ..... What do you think a judge willl rule in this .... I mean, she says that she has telephone records- hundreds a day and nasty emails to take against me ..... I was angry hurt and sad,,,,,,,
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Messy breakup in Canada after she sponsored me.

Originally Posted by smithy10
What do you think a judge willl rule in this
What interest is this to a judge? You've split up, neither of you seems to have assets, income or childen, just shuffle on your way.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:26 am
Just Joined

She is saying that the emails I sent her where abusive and disgusting. I called her non stop and drove her crazy. She wants me out of Canada and back home so I can support myself.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Also, she has used threats that her father is in the military and she has friends who are police officers who will make my life a living hell.

What type of crap is thiS?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Emma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really nice

It seems that she is threatening you through her family, how old is she?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Emma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really niceEmma.Giles is just really nice

How long have you been together and how old are you? It may be that she is acting a little immaturely and her threats may be hollow. Why don't you just move on?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:35 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, she has used threats that her father is in the military and she has friends who are police officers who will make my life a living hell.

What type of crap is thiS?
Break up crap. Get over it. Move on.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Listen Emma, I moved to canada a few months ago. I gave up everthing at home. I have no money ...she thinks I have money.... she does not understand that she might have to help me pay welfare ....

I have decided to move on today. She was withholding my PR Card and had to get the police involve to go and collect it. I told her that it was my ID.......and now she is furious.......that I may have to go on welfare. She things I'm doing that on purpose... but really I'm not.

I'm hurt that she gave up on me...i'm hurt I hurt her,.... and really wanted to go to counselling. She feels like I have lost nothing
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:37 am
Just Joined

She says she will sue me,.... but I don't know for what.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:39 am
Assimilated Pauper

.......and now she is furious.......that I may have to go on welfare.
I'll bet. Where's your dignity? Get a job or go home, don't sponge off her.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:46 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Listen Emma, I moved to canada a few months ago. I gave up everthing at home. I have no money ...she thinks I have money.... she does not understand that she might have to help me pay welfare ....

I have decided to move on today. She was withholding my PR Card and had to get the police involve to go and collect it. I told her that it was my ID.......and now she is furious.......that I may have to go on welfare. She things I'm doing that on purpose... but really I'm not.

I'm hurt that she gave up on me...i'm hurt I hurt her,.... and really wanted to go to counselling. She feels like I have lost nothing
dbd has it exactly right. Get some self-respect and move on, don't go all manipulative and needy - even if that's the kind of person she is. Though we've only got your word for it and you do appear slightly manic.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Listen, I have nothing to come back home to. What dignity.If she loved me she would have fought a little harder. She left in a hotel room depressed...I felt suicidal and than I hear about a guy....

What dignity. I have every rigjt to remail in Canada. If I have to go on welfare I will....but I;m not coming back hom to nothign...no insrane no nothing.

She wanted to pretend she loved me through thick and thin....she needed to know what she sign. I going to try and get a loan from my father ........so that will be last thing on my list.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Sober up, man up, move on.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:52 am
Assimilated Pauper

Listen, I have nothing to come back home to. What dignity.If she loved me she would have fought a little harder. She left in a hotel room depressed...I felt suicidal and than I hear about a guy....

What dignity. I have every rigjt to remail in Canada. If I have to go on welfare I will....but I;m not coming back hom to nothign...no insrane no nothing.

She wanted to pretend she loved me through thick and thin....she needed to know what she sign. I going to try and get a loan from my father ........so that will be last thing on my list.
Even if you choose to go the whiney wanker way I think you have a practical problem. I suppose you're thinking you can punish her for dumping you by making the government go after her for any payment they make to you, but that would only work if the government were to give you anything in the first place. I don't see that they will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.