mental health nursing in canada

Wikiposts

mental health nursing in canada

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:44 am
Just Joined

emmanuel50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mental health nursing in canada

hi guys,
i have been looking for mental health nursing job in canada but is seems very though. do anyone know how or whom to contcat to enable me get a job. your contribution will be healpful.

many mant thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mental health nursing in canada

hi, it might help if you let people know which area or province of canada you are intersted in.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 4d32ftw
hi, it might help if you let people know which area or province of canada you are intersted in.
hi guys thank you for your reply. for now i dont mine. any place in canada will be ok for me.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough

You have to decide where you want to go and then register with the board of Nursing in that province, this process takes up 3 3 months of more. When you done with that the the Hospitals will be willing to talk to you, until then no one will listen to you.
Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you mental health trained? Only a couple of provinces accept mental health training and the rest will only accept general training i.e. your transcripts have to show hours in Paeds, maternity, general adult as well as mental health. Depending on answer will result in what provinces are available. I would say more than likely Alberta will be out and this thread will explain it as lots of jobs in Alberta are gone and a big shape up is ongoing Too many nurses in Alberta
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeff2679
You have to decide where you want to go and then register with the board of Nursing in that province, this process takes up 3 3 months of more. When you done with that the the Hospitals will be willing to talk to you, until then no one will listen to you.
Thanks
many thanks
i have already done the registration with bc but i dont mine alberta or any other place like i said. someone said i can transfer.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Are you mental health trained? Only a couple of provinces accept mental health training and the rest will only accept general training i.e. your transcripts have to show hours in Paeds, maternity, general adult as well as mental health. Depending on answer will result in what provinces are available. I would say more than likely Alberta will be out and this thread will explain it as lots of jobs in Alberta are gone and a big shape up is ongoing Too many nurses in Alberta
thans for the reply.
yes i am mental health trained. i have done my registration with bc but will be ready to go where jobs are available.someone said you can transfer.
many thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:15 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

From what I can gather, Mental Health nursing in Manitoba seems to involve slapping the patient round the face and telling them to "pull themselves together". It must work because apart from the occasional decapitation and canibalisim, we seem to get by fine.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
From what I can gather, Mental Health nursing in Manitoba seems to involve slapping the patient round the face and telling them to "pull themselves together". It must work because apart from the occasional decapitation and canibalisim, we seem to get by fine.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

With BC did you apply to the college of Psychiatric nursing or the college of registered nurses?

Again that will have an impact on which province you can apply to. You will still need to apply to new province and pay any fees plus meet their requirements
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:08 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmanuel50
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION.
Your Welcome.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
With BC did you apply to the college of Psychiatric nursing or the college of registered nurses?

Again that will have an impact on which province you can apply to. You will still need to apply to new province and pay any fees plus meet their requirements
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

college of Psychiatric nursing.
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH JOB. IN BC
MANY THANKS
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest with the lack of effort you've put into the thread, poor spelling and grammer. Then simply asking for help to get a job. Without any specifics of the kind of work you want to do, or infact where you may want to live and work.

Your not really helping your cause much.

If you are registered with the BC Psychiatric college, then why don't you try and contact them and see what contacts they may have.

Sorry to rant but you need to make some effort of your own, if you expect people to help you.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 4d32ftw
To be honest with the lack of effort you've put into the thread, poor spelling and grammer. Then simply asking for help to get a job. Without any specifics of the kind of work you want to do, or infact where you may want to live and work.

Your not really helping your cause much.

If you are registered with the BC Psychiatric college, then why don't you try and contact them and see what contacts they may have.

Sorry to rant but you need to make some effort of your own, if you expect people to help you.
I am Very sorry about that. You see when you are under pressure you make a lot of mistakes. Once again I am very sorry. I have made several efforts but to no avail. I did contact some few hospitals in BC, but they only told me to send my CV and I have not heard any reply. I did contact a few recruitment agency but they also said they do not have any job available at present. Like Geneva health, Health Staff, just to mention a few. I want you to know that I have done some home work myself.
Many thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:09 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

http://careers.fraserhealth.ca/vacan...=803&search=GO

Plenty of jobs here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.