Reload this Page >

mental health nurses

Wikiposts

mental health nurses

Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:19 pm
napanee calling

trishandbubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mental health nurses

Hi some may remember that my hubby and i have decided to move to Nova Scotia next year(ish). Now his mam and dad have decided they are wanting to come over the year after when his dad retires, but his mam will still be working. Do they have such a thing as mental health nurses over their or do you have to be general trained first?

Would they have any problems due to there age etc? Both are in good health dad will be 55 and mam will be 49.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mental health nurses

You may want to do a search as this has been the subject of a few discussions. I think that you will struggle getting mental health training accredited in NS but it is easier in other provinces. I think there are some BE members in Alberta who are mental health trained. I am sure one of them will give you more info if you can't find the appropriate threads.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:24 pm
napanee calling

trishandbubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
You may want to do a search as this has been the subject of a few discussions. I think that you will struggle getting mental health training accredited in NS but it is easier in other provinces. I think there are some BE members in Alberta who are mental health trained. I am sure one of them will give you more info if you can't find the appropriate threads.
thanks, spoke to mam in law and she is going to contact a nursing agency and see what they say as she has her degree in it. Its not long until they retire so they may need to just put it off for a wee bit longer
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

If she has a degree in mental health nursing then yes she can work in any province including Toronto. Mental health nurses are in demand it is a speciality area.

I am a mental health nurse and will be leaving for Vancouver in 8 days time.

Good luck age does not matter her skills outweighs everything.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trishandbubs
Hi some may remember that my hubby and i have decided to move to Nova Scotia next year(ish). Now his mam and dad have decided they are wanting to come over the year after when his dad retires, but his mam will still be working. Do they have such a thing as mental health nurses over their or do you have to be general trained first?

Would they have any problems due to there age etc? Both are in good health dad will be 55 and mam will be 49.
Hi Trishandbubs.

I have sent you a PM with some info re Alberta mental health nursing.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by san38
If she has a degree in mental health nursing then yes she can work in any province including Toronto. Mental health nurses are in demand it is a speciality area.

I am a mental health nurse and will be leaving for Vancouver in 8 days time.

Good luck age does not matter her skills outweighs everything.
I may be wrong, but I would disagree with this. In NS, I believe that Mental Health Nurses (and indeed all nurses) are RN general trained nurses who have gone on to specialize. Mental health nursing as it's own specialty it recognised in some provinces. Please see this link for further information http://www.rpnc.ca/pages/about.php