Wikiposts

Men at work

Old May 6th 2010, 9:33 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Men at work

Originally Posted by kate 17
The wicked witch of the West....I'll bet there is one of those in Vancouver.

I would love to do a recci down there. I would go to Ayers rock and stand on the top of it in a cape, looking all moody I wouldn't be able to resist saying "a dingo took my baby".
Didn't your arts degree tell you anything about Uluru?
Old May 6th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tangram
Is that a euphemism ? You didn't take my advise did you by suggesting you go away ?
Well you will have to decide for yourself...Now why do you want me to go away? How am I hurting you and what has this got to do with canada vs Australia?
Old May 6th 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Didn't your arts degree tell you anything about Uluru?
I read the Songlines. I know it's a magical place for the aborigines. I would love to see it at dawn or twilight. You know I like magic.

Have you seen it?
Old May 6th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Dinner time for me.....see you all later!
Old May 6th 2010, 10:13 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Now why do you want me to go away?
I think that's obvious even to a tedious troll like yourself.
Old May 6th 2010, 10:22 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

lived in both. Prefer BC.
Old May 6th 2010, 10:43 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich?
Old May 6th 2010, 10:49 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich?
And he said

I come from a land down under...
Old May 6th 2010, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

the biggest issue with a lot of australians is that they are too stupid for their own good - they do not realise just how good they have it in regards to the beautiful beaches and environment , very cheap-readily available and quality education prospects, the ridiculously high earnings ability, the actual employment opportunities or simple things like four weeks vacation and minimum 9% employer pension contributions ON TOP of your ridiculously high wage.

so there's plenty of opportunity in regards to employment, education and lifestyle choices which lures many however, the lack of culture does make it dull - no major theatre performances really come to australia, no major art shows, you get the odd big name concert but they'll restrict themselves to sydney/melbourne only, there are no major international sporting events because we either dont play the game or time zone differences make it extremely unprofitable (formula 1 & indy to name two that come to mind) and then if you do want to travel somewhere - it'll take you forever to get there - 12 hours to los angeles, 9 hours to bangkok, 4.5 hrs to fiji, 24 hours to london - you get the gist of it....

many australians have a concerning sense of entitlement and this cancerous attitude is slowing killing the easy going way of life australia was/is renown for.

Last edited by phat-dave; May 6th 2010 at 11:48 am.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:07 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I met a Canadian once who moved to Oz and he liked it there much better.
I would like the fact that it's a bit more British and they love pies.

BC is ok there are worse places.

They have pies in BC but not many and you have to really search for them. I think good pies would go down well here.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by phat-dave
the biggest issue with a lot of australians is that they are too stupid for their own good - they do not realise just how good they have it in regards to the beautiful beaches and environment , very cheap-readily available and quality education prospects, the ridiculously high earnings ability, the actual employment opportunities or simple things like four weeks vacation and minimum 9% employer pension contributions ON TOP of your ridiculously high wage.

so there's plenty of opportunity in regards to employment, education and lifestyle choices which lures many however, the lack of culture does make it dull - no major theatre performances really come to australia, no major art shows, you get the odd big name concert but they'll restrict themselves to sydney/melbourne only, there are no major international sporting events because we either dont play the game or time zone differences make it extremely unprofitable (formula 1 & indy to name two that come to mind) and then if you do want to travel somewhere - it'll take you forever to get there - 12 hours to los angeles, 9 hours to bangkok, 4.5 hrs to fiji, 24 hours to london - you get the gist of it....

many australians have a concerning sense of entitlement and this cancerous attitude is slowing killing the easy going way of life australia was/is renown for.
Thanks, phat dave, You do have the cricket though. I think the poms would love cricket more than hockey. I couldn't handle the spiders, snakes, or the sharks and the lack of culture. would love the sun though and a swimming pool and the ridiculously high wage
Old May 6th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oink

They have pies in BC but not many and you have to really search for them. I think good pies would go down well here.
Why don't you open a pie shop oink...Canadians tend to go mad about sweet pies though....I can't see the attraction myself. You would have to make it cheese and onion for me!

Here is an Aussie pie for you

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...26tbs%3Disch:1

Yikes a lot of text with this link....hope it works when I post it.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
lived in both. Prefer BC.

Why?
Old May 6th 2010, 1:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you open a pie shop oink...Canadians tend to go mad about sweet pies though....I can't see the attraction myself. You would have to make it cheese and onion for me!

Here is an Aussie pie for you

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...26tbs%3Disch:1

Yikes a lot of text with this link....hope it works when I post it.
The prevalence of pies down under has to be a major consideration when it comes to emigration. I now feel rather foolish I didn't check out the availability of pies before I moved to Canada.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oink
The prevalence of pies down under has to be a major consideration when it comes to emigration. I now feel rather foolish I didn't check out the availability of pies before I moved to Canada.
It's a big loss isn't it. When we went home last year we ate a vegetarian pasty every other day....We never got sick of them.

I can make them, but it's a lot of work...who has time anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.