Wikiposts

Men at work

Old May 6th 2010, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Men at work

Apparently there is an immigrant personality. They are work orientated, ambitious and less focused on family compared to people who don't emigrate.

Then I got to thinking it sounds like an immigrant who might come to Canada or the US which are both work orientated cultures, but what about the person who emigrates to OZ surely they would be more of the fun loving, hedonist type because of the beach culture and year round outdoor life there.

It sounds like one big holiday in the world down under so If you came to Canada or are thinking about coming to Canada why didn't you choose to go to Australia instead? I know proximity to Europe is important for some, but how often can you go home? It seems that you are condemning yourselves to a cold, work obsessed life for a few weeks in Europe every few years.

Is it worth it?

I'm asking why not Oz?
Old May 6th 2010, 8:59 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men at work

Originally Posted by kate 17
Apparently there is an immigrant personality. They are work orientated, ambitious and less focused on family compared to people who don't emigrate.

Then I got to thinking it sounds like an immigrant who might come to Canada or the US which are both work orientated cultures, but what about the person who emigrates to OZ surely they would be more of the fun loving, hedonist type because of the beach culture and year round outdoor life there.

It sounds like one big holiday in the world down under so If you came to Canada or are thinking about coming to Canada why didn't you choose to go to Australia instead? I know proximity to Europe is important for some, but how often can you go home? It seems that you are condemning yourselves to a cold, work obsessed life for a few weeks in Europe every few years.

Is it worth it?

I'm asking why not Oz?
Because the Wicked Witch of the West lives there.......
Old May 6th 2010, 9:00 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm asking why not Oz?
I vote you go down there on a recci and report back to us...or not.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:01 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I know proximity to Europe is important for some, but how often can you go home? It seems that you are condemning yourselves to a cold, work obsessed life for a few weeks in Europe every few years.
Eh? Any more sweeping generalizations to offer?

I've lived in Australia already, so just doing the rounds I guess.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

The wicked witch of the West....I'll bet there is one of those in Vancouver.

I would love to do a recci down there. I would go to Ayers rock and stand on the top of it in a cape, looking all moody I wouldn't be able to resist saying "a dingo took my baby".
Old May 6th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by R I C H
Eh? Any more sweeping generalizations to offer?

I've lived in Australia already, so just doing the rounds I guess.
well Rich, tell us how they compare....I'm interested.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:07 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth it?

I'm asking why not Oz?
As a troll you're truly feckless, not to mention completely unoriginal.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:10 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

well Rich, tell us how they compare....I'm interested.
Briefly....

I found culturally that Australia was more aligned with the UK (humour, sporting affinities etc).

Outdoor lifestyles are equally available/appealing, dependent on your tastes.

In my experience neither offered any more or less employment/earnings/holiday opportunities than the other.

Given a choice I prefer Australia, but my wife prefers Canada, so we compromised and moved to BC
Old May 6th 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As a troll you're truly feckless, not to mention completely unoriginal.
A feckless troll am I.....Now tell me Novo why isn't a free loving spirit like yourself, down there tossing your shrimp in the Pacific.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Briefly....

I found culturally that Australia was more aligned with the UK (humour, sporting affinities etc).

Outdoor lifestyles are equally available/appealing, dependent on your tastes.

In my experience neither offered any more or less employment/earnings/holiday opportunities than the other.

Given a choice I prefer Australia, but my wife prefers Canada, so we compromised and moved to BC
I met a Canadian once who moved to Oz and he liked it there much better.
I would like the fact that it's a bit more British and they love pies.

BC is ok there are worse places.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:19 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Is it worth it?

I'm asking why not Oz?
well your leaving canada arent you - are yu thinkin bout moving to oz yourself then?
Old May 6th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottandsel
well your leaving canada arent you - are yu thinkin bout moving to oz yourself then?
No sweetie, it would be too rough for me, the women are treated like 18th century whores.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:26 am
Pea Brain

No sweetie, it would be too rough for me, the women are treated like 18th century whores.
That's why my wife preferred BC.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

That's why my wife preferred BC.
There are some who would like that though!
Old May 6th 2010, 9:31 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

down there tossing your shrimp in the Pacific.
Is that a euphemism ? You didn't take my advise did you by suggesting you go away ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.