Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meet ups in Calgary

Meet ups in Calgary

Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:14 am
Just Joined

julielintonanderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet ups in Calgary

You have done what to me? Sorry absolutely no idea what pm'd is! Not very up on these phrases, just got the hang of lol!!!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Have sent you a Private Message (PM) - look at the top right hand of your screen and it will say Private messages Unread 1. Just click it to read it
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

craigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Hey everyone

I just wondered whether you guys ever arrange to meet up?

One of my worries about emigrating is not having friends. I am not worried about missing my family that much but I do have an amazing bunch of friends over here. I know friends aren't built in a day but emigrating with a husband that works long hours and a child who will be at school all day does make me a bit worried that I will be very lonely.

I'm easygoing etc so always make friends easily so I should stop worrying really!

xx
I moved here just 10 weeks ago from Scotland and love it! My kids are 5 and 6 so will both be in school from the start of the new term. I don't think you'll have any problems making new friends as you'll meet people through the school, etc but give me a shout if you want to meet up. I live in Cochrane on the outskirts of Calgary and have met some really lovely people already, some through this website.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL GeordieLass, Craigpark2 (Wendy) is the lady I emailed you about, Wendy, I was saying that you would be able to answer questions about school, seeing as C has already been at school for the last part of term!

Geordielass, you will already have two invites for a cuppa and a BBQ too!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
LOL GeordieLass, Craigpark2 (Wendy) is the lady I emailed you about, Wendy, I was saying that you would be able to answer questions about school, seeing as C has already been at school for the last part of term!

Geordielass, you will already have two invites for a cuppa and a BBQ too!
Wow - you lot are a friendly bunch!

we make it over there - although not having a whole load of luck with the job search at the mo!

x
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

craigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant futurecraigpark2 has a brilliant future

Yip I would be more than happy to answer any queries you have GeordieLass, especially as it is so fresh in my mind. LucyLovelock has been a great friend since I got here and I feel very lucky to have met her and also her friends.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by craigpark2
Yip I would be more than happy to answer any queries you have GeordieLass, especially as it is so fresh in my mind. LucyLovelock has been a great friend since I got here and I feel very lucky to have met her and also her friends.
Aww thanks - she said you are on FB so if you don't mind I can add you on there and then we can chat via that as it's easier to use!

xx
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Aww thanks - she said you are on FB so if you don't mind I can add you on there and then we can chat via that as it's easier to use!

xx
Yeah that would be a lot easier x
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Martyn and Wendy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone

I just wondered whether you guys ever arrange to meet up?

One of my worries about emigrating is not having friends. I am not worried about missing my family that much but I do have an amazing bunch of friends over here. I know friends aren't built in a day but emigrating with a husband that works long hours and a child who will be at school all day does make me a bit worried that I will be very lonely.

I'm easygoing etc so always make friends easily so I should stop worrying really!

xx
Hi, We moved to Calgary from Cumbria almost 3 months ago. I was worried about having no friends too, but if you have kids in school its easy to talk to other mums and they all seem really nice so far, Its not been easy but its getting easier everyday, I am a 29 year old mum of 2 boys (7and3) and we live in Cranston - so if your nearby and need to have a brew and a chat with someone who has been in the same situation then give me a shout.
Wendy
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Kenny_Calgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by julielintonanderson
Hi,

We are due to move from Newcastle to Calgary in the next six weeks and so if you want to meet up for a cuppa or if you truly are a Geordie lass - a few bevies, give me a shout.

I will let you know how we get on!
I've been in Calgary for 4 years, moved from Manchester in 2007. I'd be keen on a meet up if your open to it, would be great to meet a good ol' northerner!

Good luck on the move!

Kenny
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Wendy and Kenny.

Once I get over here for good I would love to meet with you both. Always up for making new friends!

Kenny - I am a good old northerner. Brought up in the toon, lived in Scotland for 5 years but have lived in Yorkshire for the last 12 years so accent is a bit none descript!

It's great being able to make a network of friends before you move - takes a lot of the unease out of it for me
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

I am another "northerner" who is in Calgary - from N.Yorks in my case... we have been here for 6 years now.

I went back to college last September, and made so many friends - I struggled before that (being at home with the kids doesn't help). But now I have loads. Another thing that helped was to get a dog - loads of people talk to you when you are walking the pooch I have found.

Having said that, if anyone wants to meet up with a yorkshire lass in the central NW I am your gal.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chookie
I am another "northerner" who is in Calgary - from N.Yorks in my case... we have been here for 6 years now.

I went back to college last September, and made so many friends - I struggled before that (being at home with the kids doesn't help). But now I have loads. Another thing that helped was to get a dog - loads of people talk to you when you are walking the pooch I have found.

Having said that, if anyone wants to meet up with a yorkshire lass in the central NW I am your gal.
Ooh 2 north Yorkshire lasses with dogs... I live in north Yorkshire now and have a pooch. Can't imagine walking her in minus 40 degrees mind you!

Hopefully meet up once we get over there for good...
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

although not having a whole load of luck with the job search at the mo!

x
Yup, join the club lol - tho we still need to sell the house before we can finalise a date to fly!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Continuing the northerner theme...I'm from N. Yorks/County Durham area. Been in Calgary 5 yrs now. The good friends we've made are all Canadian so we kind of miss chatting with other Brits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.