Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Old Nov 7th 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

MariaP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

I forgot to mention I will also check, nearer the meetup, for nice restaurants in the market which possibly have Christmas Lunch menus so we can all be "festive".
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:27 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MariaP
I forgot to mention I will also check, nearer the meetup, for nice restaurants in the market which possibly have Christmas Lunch menus so we can all be "festive".
Does that mean we'll have to wear antlers?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Daveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wannabe

err, i went in the Highlander the other day and thought that was pretty good.. much better than the one on the other end anyway!

ps, i'm not adverse to wearing antlers/horns/tails...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:13 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road

How about grass skirt???
Shall we vote on the meeting place???
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:17 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

There are a few participants that won't have much choice when it comes to what to dress up as -

Daveyboy the Red-nosed Reindeer
Sean-ta Claus
Maria (minus the P)

Originally Posted by Daveyboy_The_Red
ps, i'm not adverse to wearing antlers/horns/tails...
Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:49 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

Wink Re: Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Are we set to meet up on December 16, 2006?
Where and when???

There are a few participants that won't have much choice when it comes to what to dress up as -

Sean-ta Claus
Maria (minus the P)

Old Dec 4th 2006, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Originally Posted by ABW
Are we set to meet up on December 16, 2006?
Where and when???
I am fine for Sat. Dec. 16 say 2 PM to meet in front of whichever restaurant we all pick. Sorry I have been swamped so have not had the time to go through restaurants on the market with the holiday menu.

Below is a web address for everyone to use which shows some of the restaurants in the Market (you can also bring up all the restaurants). Everyone can check them out and we can take a poll about where everyone wants to go (democratically). I vote for Zak's. Let's hear from everyone on their preference and the most votes, we go there. Please bear in mind that I can't eat fish (allergic) or Indian (too spicy) so any restaurants that have those foods as their specialties is out for me I am afraid.

http://www.byward-market.com/byward_...pe=restaurants

I will check in and see how the POLL is going. Let's say we all decide by the end of this week.

Ta for now.

Maria
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:45 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

Cool Re: Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Since I am allergic to fish, crabs, and shrimps, I will vote for Zak's as well.
Don't mind spicy at all .
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABW
Since I am allergic to fish, crabs, and shrimps, I will vote for Zak's as well.
Don't mind spicy at all .
The times I've been to Zak's - it has been very noisy. This will kill any conversation or carol singing. It is a bit like a 50's diner, with loads of booths seating four. I can't really recommend it for a bunch of 6-8 or 10 trying to have a get together - especially if DaveyBoy Jnr. is coming...

There's a possibility I'm in Dhahran the weekend this is being proposed - great! Let me think about this - a couple of beers in the market with some Brits - or two weeks in Saudi Arabia, with the prospect of being there for Christmas if there's the slightest snag with the job I have to do there. Now let me think which I'd prefer.
However, if I am home, Mrs. S. and I will be there to grace the party.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:58 am
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean-ta Claus
Maria (minus the P)

I'm not dressing up in anything!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:42 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

You are right, that Zak's is not for this kind of event.
I am new in town and allergic to any fish, shrimps, and crabs so I trust everybody's choice beyond this point.

Originally Posted by Snave
The times I've been to Zak's - it has been very noisy. This will kill any conversation or carol singing. It is a bit like a 50's diner, with loads of booths seating four. I can't really recommend it for a bunch of 6-8 or 10 trying to have a get together - especially if DaveyBoy Jnr. is coming...

There's a possibility I'm in Dhahran the weekend this is being proposed - great! Let me think about this - a couple of beers in the market with some Brits - or two weeks in Saudi Arabia, with the prospect of being there for Christmas if there's the slightest snag with the job I have to do there. Now let me think which I'd prefer.
However, if I am home, Mrs. S. and I will be there to grace the party.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABW
You are right, that Zak's is not for this kind of event.
I am new in town and allergic to any fish, shrimps, and crabs so I trust everybody's choice beyond this point.
OK - How about The Keg Restaurant at 75 York St. on the Market, (613)241-8953.

I don't see they have a website to check out the menu but they get good reviews. How does everyone feel about that one? If we can't get in because too busy, there are plenty of other restaurants to choose from on the market on the day. Let me know. If people want to go to this one, I can give them a call later this week to see if they have a Holiday Menu as well.
:scared:
Old Dec 5th 2006, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MariaP
OK - How about The Keg Restaurant at 75 York St. on the Market, (613)241-8953.

I don't see they have a website to check out the menu but they get good reviews. How does everyone feel about that one? If we can't get in because too busy, there are plenty of other restaurants to choose from on the market on the day. Let me know. If people want to go to this one, I can give them a call later this week to see if they have a Holiday Menu as well.
:scared:
There is also the Empire Grill (47 Clarence St in the Market) which has Group menus for lunch or just have something individually - check them out. We might also be able to make a reservation if we know for sure how many are going. There is also Tucker's Marketplace at 61 York St. (613)241-6525 which is more of a buffet - I have been there before and not too bad although busy. Check all of these out and let me know what you think.

Maria
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:32 pm

Come on, Sean, are you saying you won't wear reindeer horns or a Santa hat if I bring one for you?

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
I'm not dressing up in anything!
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on, Sean, are you saying you won't wear reindeer horns or a Santa hat if I bring one for you?
No, I bloody well will not and I won't come if any of you are planning to wear anything like that - you all look weird enough already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.