Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice
Default Re: Meet up in Halifax anyone??

I would just like you to note that a few people were taking time out from their stay here (meeting employers etc.) to meet up with you guys, so the above remarks are in extremely bad taste.

Last edited by Paradisefound; Apr 1st 2008 at 4:35 am.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:36 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
Turned up at 12.15am at Historic Properties Coffee area, with a few others. Thought that I had got the day/time wrong or maybe location. Went to The Lower Deck it was empty. We did not see any signs of any groups.

We were so disappointed we did not see anyone, so sat and had a coffee for a while. Where was everyone?????

I was travelling with a group new to Nova Scotia who did not find the North Shore remote, but was suprised at how far Halifax was from the airport.
Noooooo! How awful, I wondered if it was obvious where we were, as I had no idea where we were supposed to be and got there by pure luck! Well next time we need to make sure there is a map and explicit instructions, because that was a long way to come and not meet up with us

Infact next time maybe we need to have a meet up on the North Shore! Off to get my bikini
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy2
Noooooo! Infact next time maybe we need to have a meet up on the North Shore! Off to get my bikini
The North Shore? Is that even further away than Halifax??????
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:48 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

You are just saying that because you saw how useless I was at getting to the Historic properties Now you are wondering where on the North Shore I would end up right? Who knows So bring 2 bikini's incase I get lost and end up there for longer than expected?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

You are just saying that because you saw how useless I was at getting to the Historic properties Now you are wondering where on the North Shore I would end up right? Who knows So bring 2 bikini's incase I get lost and end up there for longer than expected?
Hi, dont worry those North shore peeps are oh so friendly so you wont get lost for long. We're headed that way at the end of the month
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:30 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you all had a nice meet-up. I was working so couldn't go but myself and Mr Y will be taking Or4ngecrush down to Halifax on Sunday 13th after her wee break up here in NG.

It would be nice to meet up with people on a Sunday as there will be less work restrictions for most of us plus the whole family can come too.

I am not sure either where to meet on a Sunday but would like to eat some lunch as we are down Halifax way for the day before we do our obligatory shop at Costco. Historic Properties at Halifax harbourfront is a place I love but anywhere nice will be fine.

Novoboy and L I S A, would you and your family be able to meet up too? Kazbob - long time, no speak (PM'd each other in Sept 2006). It'll be nice to finally meet.

Nixfix - although you've already met Mr Y (poor you ) it would be great you and Mrs Nixfix could come along too

Of course, I would be glad to meet up with others and their families too. Perhaps we will need a block booking somewhere

PS both myself and Or4ngecrush are very excited at finally meeting up because we have been friends for 18 months but never met yet
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:12 pm
NS covern member #1

Yowzer! Like Lynn and I meeting just now after a year. Well count us in, tell us where you fancy!

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Glad you all had a nice meet-up. I was working so couldn't go but myself and Mr Y will be taking Or4ngecrush down to Halifax on Sunday 13th after her wee break up here in NG.

It would be nice to meet up with people on a Sunday as there will be less work restrictions for most of us plus the whole family can come too.

I am not sure either where to meet on a Sunday but would like to eat some lunch as we are down Halifax way for the day before we do our obligatory shop at Costco. Historic Properties at Halifax harbourfront is a place I love but anywhere nice will be fine.

Novoboy and L I S A, would you and your family be able to meet up too? Kazbob - long time, no speak (PM'd each other in Sept 2006). It'll be nice to finally meet.

Nixfix - although you've already met Mr Y (poor you ) it would be great you and Mrs Nixfix could come along too

Of course, I would be glad to meet up with others and their families too. Perhaps we will need a block booking somewhere

PS both myself and Or4ngecrush are very excited at finally meeting up because we have been friends for 18 months but never met yet
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe you went all that way and didn't think to go the stairs to see if anyone was there I'm surprised you didn't hear the noise we were making. Good so many of us managed to find the right place though - you missed a good time.
Surprised about your comments about the airport. Can't think of many places where the airport is right in the centre of town
Think Halifax airport offers pretty good access for most of NS. and, depending on traffic/weather etc. only takes about 30 mins to get to Halifax or Dartmouth, 15 mins. to Bedford.

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
Turned up at 12.15am at Historic Properties Coffee area, with a few others. Thought that I had got the day/time wrong or maybe location. Went to The Lower Deck it was empty. We did not see any signs of any groups.

We were so disappointed we did not see anyone, so sat and had a coffee for a while. Where was everyone?????

I was travelling with a group new to Nova Scotia who did not find the North Shore remote, but was suprised at how far Halifax was from the airport.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooo! How awful, I wondered if it was obvious where we were, as I had no idea where we were supposed to be and got there by pure luck! Well next time we need to make sure there is a map and explicit instructions, because that was a long way to come and not meet up with us

Infact next time maybe we need to have a meet up on the North Shore! Off to get my bikini
Not sure how much more explicit you could make it. These 2 posts make it pretty clear

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=50

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=63
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:57 pm
NS covern member #1

Ok, so I am not bright but here's me and my friends getting ready for a North Shore G2G.................................I hate pictures of myself, I look so gaunt here!
Attached Thumbnails Meet up in Halifax anyone??-fat_woman_in_bikinis.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:00 pm
NS covern member #1

Stop straining your eyes guys, especially those of you who met me yesterday, I am not one of those lovely ladies! Ha, ha.............how many people got right up to their screen to double check!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:24 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by val50
Think Halifax airport offers pretty good access for most of NS. and, depending on traffic/weather etc. only takes about 30 mins to get to Halifax or Dartmouth, 15 mins. to Bedford.
I'm close to Porter's Lake (yes that "remote" ) and I've never taken more than 45 minutes to get to the airport, get parked and get into the terminal building. There aren't many places and airports that I can say that about (I used to live a similar distance from Gatwick).

...and where isn't the North Shore remote from exactly? Pictou is 165km from Halifax, (233km to Moncton), Tatamagouche is 148km (Halifax), 156km (Moncton). In terms of Canada not that remote, but I would think twice before popping in to town to see the Mooseheads or to pick up the crucial british food supplies everyone seems to find so essential.

It's remote, there's no question.

Hohum, flame suit on.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat074; Apr 1st 2008 at 4:18 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:34 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Good to see there's a few more up for a get together. It will definately be good to meet you lot.

Bob and I are staying in a hotel downtown on the Saturday night for our Wedd Ann, so the Sunday would be good. Quite happy to go to the Historic Properties, though we would have to find it first! Think we went past it when we were last out there.

I am really looking forward to out trip as I haven't been out since last Summer.

Karen
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:10 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the Historic Properties website. The pub is No 9 on the map.

I am all for going there is everyone else is up for it (again). If not, other suggestions would be welcome.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:45 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the Historic Properties website. The pub is No 9 on the map.

I am all for going there is everyone else is up for it (again). If not, other suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks for that. Yes, we have been there, or specifically the ice-cream parlour (delicious!).

Have clicked on the opening times though and if we're going to do Sunday, they open at 5pm, so will this be an evening do? (Whatever shall I wear? )

Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.