Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
How much does that equal?
have heard between 10-20 cms, but it all depends if it's "wet" snow or not.
Talk about learning something new every day
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

wet and heavy on the south shore right now...and yesterday was such a lovely day....its cruel! There are 2 ducks floating around the lake in the slush that has settled on the water, they don't seem to mind! I bet destinationnovascotia is just loving this white stuff!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Well another sunny day on the south shore! Just hope everyone has a great time at the lower deck today.......I shall be thinking of you all. Someone take pictures!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

AyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really niceAyrLass is just really nice

Hey, just wanted to say it was lovely to meet you all today. Sorry we had to leave early and didn't get the chance to chat to everyone. We were on our lunch break from work so had to get back. It was really nice to put names to faces.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AyrLass
Hey, just wanted to say it was lovely to meet you all today. Sorry we had to leave early and didn't get the chance to chat to everyone. We were on our lunch break from work so had to get back. It was really nice to put names to faces.
It was lovely to meet you too - have some photo's so will post them later.
Safe trip back to UK destinationnovascotia
what happened to paradisefound/onetheboat
sorry you couldn't make it, maybe next time
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Great to meet you all. I will post pictures of my new house soon.
Lynn
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

nixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the rough

Sorry we didn't make it as well - I had to drive up to Tatamagouche on the North Shore today.
Glad y'all had a good time - what's this about a new house DNS?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Broken ankle girl has just made it back to Digby (I think I just beat the snow as well!!) It was lovely to see everyone posting that they'd had a good time because I did too! Looking forward to the next one!

For those who were asking about the TV the weblink is www.liveuktv.com
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:12 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AyrLass

We didnt get a chance to chat to you, but it was really nice that you both made the time to meet us in your lunch break! Will have to chat to you another time.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:14 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
Well another sunny day on the south shore! Just hope everyone has a great time at the lower deck today.......I shall be thinking of you all. Someone take pictures!
Well though you werent there, you were thought of! We have to get that Dog username sub-board started!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:18 pm
NS covern member #1

We had a great time and a lovely lunch!! Really enjoyed meeting Jo and Tracey, both of whom came from quite a distance on their own so that was really nice of them. Got to meet Jo's dog Snoopy which was great!

Cant wait to see some pictures - totally ok with anyone airbrushing my photos, wouldnt want to disappoint my fans

Lovely seeing you all!! Safe journey on ?wednesday Val, hope all goes well.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nixfix
Sorry we didn't make it as well - I had to drive up to Tatamagouche on the North Shore today.
Glad y'all had a good time - what's this about a new house DNS?
Gee did you pass Outonthe boat or Paradisefound? I guess they got lost!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:28 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
Gee did you pass Outonthe boat or Paradisefound? I guess they got lost!
Naughty, naughty...!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

That's what happens when you live somewhere remote (Halifax I mean)
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by val50
It was lovely to meet you too - have some photo's so will post them later.
Safe trip back to UK destinationnovascotia
what happened to paradisefound/onetheboat
sorry you couldn't make it, maybe next time

Turned up at 12.15am at Historic Properties Coffee area, with a few others. Thought that I had got the day/time wrong or maybe location. Went to The Lower Deck it was empty. We did not see any signs of any groups.

We were so disappointed we did not see anyone, so sat and had a coffee for a while. Where was everyone?????

I was travelling with a group new to Nova Scotia who did not find the North Shore remote, but was suprised at how far Halifax was from the airport.

Last edited by Paradisefound; Apr 1st 2008 at 5:07 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.