Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ice Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Meet up in Halifax anyone??

I'll be there too!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Mrs.Dexdaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

We know where the Historic Propeties are located as we found it yesterday. However, is this lower deck area big? I'm not sure how we will all find each other. (Previous suggestions of 70's clothes etc aside....)

BTW did anyone meeet up at Heathrow? We ended up getting there really really late and nearly missing the flight! :curse:

Our landing went ok tho' and we are now officially Canadian Residents!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:02 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs.Dexdaw
Hi all.

We know where the Historic Propeties are located as we found it yesterday. However, is this lower deck area big? I'm not sure how we will all find each other. (Previous suggestions of 70's clothes etc aside....)

BTW did anyone meeet up at Heathrow? We ended up getting there really really late and nearly missing the flight! :curse:

If you went to the part with Timothy's coffee and all the little tourist shops are, you need to walk out of the doors next to Timothy's (and Leaf and Ladle I think it's called) and follow the path around the outside of that - after turning left the Lower Deck is front of you. The downstairs probably won't be serving food (and hence won't allow kids), but they can go to the second floor.

Meeting it at noon on Monday - it will probably be empty.

Hoping to be there, but it's an inset over here, so I may not be able to make it.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs.Dexdaw
Hi all.

Congratulations We met up with UKAngel for a brief chat but the airport was so busy no-one had time for much.

I was worried about finding people last time but it was no problem. We will be a crowd of 4 adults and 5 kids all talking loudly in English accents - you won't miss us

See you next week, have a good time.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Broken ankle girl here....

Okay, I'm gonna have to admit defeat. I can't see myself making my own way to the luncheon date on Monday while I'm still non-weight bearing - sadly

How often do you guys get together? I'd love to meet up with some of you in Summer? Discuss on Monday!

Jo
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:47 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
Broken ankle girl here....

Okay, I'm gonna have to admit defeat. I can't see myself making my own way to the luncheon date on Monday while I'm still non-weight bearing - sadly

How often do you guys get together? I'd love to meet up with some of you in Summer? Discuss on Monday!

Jo
Now have you considered getting that ankle up on the dashboard and just going for it? No? Well there are bound to be other G2Gs. Maybe we need a framed picture of you sat at the table so we can feel like you are least there in spirit! Take it easy and see you next time.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy2
Now have you considered getting that ankle up on the dashboard and just going for it? No? Well there are bound to be other G2Gs. Maybe we need a framed picture of you sat at the table so we can feel like you are least there in spirit! Take it easy and see you next time.
Believe me, there's not a lot that I allow to get the better of me! I was considering that (well, not putting my ankle up on the dashboard, I'm sure I'd get pulled over!) but as I don't know the location you're going to well and (having researched it) seeing that I wouldn't get to park close by and knowing how knackering walking any distance on crutches I admitted defeat... the photo can be arranged!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:22 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
Believe me, there's not a lot that I allow to get the better of me! I was considering that (well, not putting my ankle up on the dashboard, I'm sure I'd get pulled over!) but as I don't know the location you're going to well and (having researched it) seeing that I wouldn't get to park close by and knowing how knackering walking any distance on crutches I admitted defeat... the photo can be arranged!
If you were concerned about getting back and forth from the car, I am really happy to drive you to and from your parking spot. Even come out to our house and I can take you in to Downtown and back, if that helps? Totally understand not wanting to exhaust yourself getting across town on crutches!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy2
If you were concerned about getting back and forth from the car, I am really happy to drive you to and from your parking spot. Even come out to our house and I can take you in to Downtown and back, if that helps? Totally understand not wanting to exhaust yourself getting across town on crutches!
That is a very generous offer. You'll be hearing from me!!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Just bumping it back up to remind people about Monday at 12h00
Historic properties.
Hopefully the 20cms snow due today will have melted by then:
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:05 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
Just bumping it back up to remind people about Monday at 12h00
Historic properties.
Hopefully the 20cms snow due today will have melted by then:
We have two sleds so we can always get to the meet up that way!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
We have two sleds so we can always get to the meet up that way!
You still haven't sorted out that bus timetable yet have you
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:28 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

You still haven't sorted out that bus timetable yet have you
NO! I will though...one day, far, far in the future!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
NO! I will though...one day, far, far in the future!
OMG - I just heard the weather forecast and they are saying we are going to get "heart attack" snow
What a brilliant excuse for not clearing the drive:rofl
(apologies to those who may have been a victim to this maladie in the past)
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:36 pm

OMG - I just heard the weather forecast and they are saying we are going to get "heart attack" snow
What a brilliant excuse for not clearing the drive:rofl
(apologies to those who may have been a victim to this maladie in the past)
How much does that equal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.