Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

heinrichs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Idea!!!!

Lets all wear 70's clothes on the plane and make it fancy dress

Would be good to meet and greet you guys. We have 2 1/2 weeks to work out some secret signs and greetings, just off to stand in front of the mirror and work out some special wink or sign.

BTW Just come back from the Emigrate show at Sandown Park, spent the day chatting to some top people about NS. Feeling positive about the whole thing.

Last edited by heinrichs; Mar 1st 2008 at 6:23 pm. Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

On a more sober note, we could always PM our mobile numbers to each other.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

I would have loved to drive up from Digby to meet you and some fellow expats - however I broke my left ankle yesterday (does anyone know whether I'll be allowed to drive my automatic for the next 8 weeks while I have non weight bearing status on my left foot?!!!). I only get 4 days sick leave as I have only been working here for 4 months - the downside to working in Canada!!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if anyone else is coming from donw your way. You might want to watch this thread for a while. You may get an offer of a lift.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:00 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
I would have loved to drive up from Digby to meet you and some fellow expats - however I broke my left ankle yesterday (does anyone know whether I'll be allowed to drive my automatic for the next 8 weeks while I have non weight bearing status on my left foot?!!!). I only get 4 days sick leave as I have only been working here for 4 months - the downside to working in Canada!!!!!
No idea, ring your insurance company? Sorry to hear you have broken youe ankle, I have trmendous sympathy as I fell down some stairs 3 weeks ago and I suspect have a small break in my foot - how painful! Find out and come over and see us at the get together, even if you have to get someone to come too!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:01 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey - Happy Mother's Day Destinationnovascotia and all those lovely Mummies back in blighty!!!

Hope you are being somewhat spoilt and waited upon
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Thanks for the sympathies and suggestions. I'l keep my eye out. It's this goddamn ice that did me in - I've fallen 4 times in the 4 months I've been here and averted disaster till yesterday! The doc says it's been a bad year for falls with the combination of snow, rain, freeze. He's seen an inordinate amount of fractured ankles and wrists
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud of

Hey, whats wrong with 70s clothes - I wear them all the time!! BTW I think we're on row 27. Got to drive all the way from Cornwall to Heathrow so we're staying in a hotel near the airport the night before. Two ish weeks to go and I'm sure we've forgotten something. I'm not even sure what my name is any more.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nothing wrong with 70s clothes. Would still be wearing those I bought way back when except that I probably wouldn't fit into them anymore.

We are getting up at the crack of dawn (before actually) to drive down as it's only about 2 and a half to 3 hours.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

netrefugee is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess what! Another family arriving in NS at around this time. We fly in on 27th March and will be staying at June's house in Dartmouth. There are 4 of us altogether - the two kids are a boy of 3 1/2 and a girl who is 1 on 4th April. We'd love to come to the meet up so will keep watching this thread.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

The only date suggested (by me) so far is Monday 31st at lunchtime. As no-one has objected I am assuming that this is OK. It sounds as though it will be good for you to as if we met much earlier you wouldn't be able to come.

I look forward to meeting you.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

netrefugee is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant, that would be great for us. Look forward to meeting you too.

My family are all taking it out of me at the moment saying that if they stand still too long I'll stick a price tag on them and list them on ebay! I imagine I'm far from being the only one doing that just now.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by netrefugee
Brilliant, that would be great for us. Look forward to meeting you too.

My family are all taking it out of me at the moment saying that if they stand still too long I'll stick a price tag on them and list them on ebay! I imagine I'm far from being the only one doing that just now.
You better tell them not to stand still then. Sounds like a great reason to keep everyone busy - give them loads of jobs to do.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:20 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heinrichs
Idea!!!!

Lets all wear 70's clothes on the plane and make it fancy dress
Better hope its not full of Canadians or you'll never be able to tell whos who
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:56 pm
NS covern member #1

Hey, I object to that.........I have just come from NZ and there is a nation not known for their fashion savvy!!

http://chrisnz.com/movies/lp-stubbies-tv-add/

I should just add that the Puku tha tthey refer to is what others might call beer belly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.