Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:55 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet up in Halifax anyone??

Need a date people........got OH on the promise of getting the day/afternoon off work, but the longer I leave it, the easier it will be for him to worm out and leave me with those kids of mine

Seriously - help me out here!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Brown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant future

Would Love to have come for the meet up..
But not over until the end of April, Hope you all have fun..!!!!
count me in for the next one !!..
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

That plane will be full, thats 3 BE members that I know to. We could have a meet up at Heathrow
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy2
Need a date people........got OH on the promise of getting the day/afternoon off work, but the longer I leave it, the easier it will be for him to worm out and leave me with those kids of mine

Seriously - help me out here!
Monday 31st?

Or would people would prefer a weekend?

Any other suggestions??
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:30 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

How are you all going to know each other on the plane?? There are going to be lots of sideward glances and listening out for UK accents and needless smiling at random strangers otherwise!!!

I can get on board with that date.............it will spice up an otherwise dreary Monday.........are the kids in school that day?? Super cool!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy2
How are you all going to know each other on the plane??
We need BE uniforms. We should start producing baseball caps and t-shirts. Could be that business opportunity you were looking for
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:32 am
NS covern member #1

Right onto it. Thinking cheer leaders...meets Hooters. And for the girls......

Should you go traditional and go for the red carnation, the paper under the arm and a pipe? Though you may all have to consume your carnation before leaving the plane?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:24 am
Just Joined

heinrichs is an unknown quantity at this point

The worlds getting smaller, we to are travelling on the 20th from Heathrow doing an NS fact finding mission.

Airline must be sponsered by BE. We are staying around the Digby area but once a time and date is sorted we would love to meet up and would try our best at being there.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud of

So is everyone flying with Air Canada at 10 am on Thursday 20th March? Amazing if its true! Is anyone else landing or are most doing reccie trips?
If anyone else is landing maybe they can worry us by reminding us what we've forgotten to do or forgotten to bring. Would love to meet up with everyone - as long as you have a stroppy teenager that ours can sit and not talk too!!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:12 am
Just Joined

heinrichs is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh we are travelling with Air Canada and even better we also have a stroppy teenager (13) to not want to sit next to anyone and not talk to anyone, and a 10 year old who wants to be a teenager.

Still I am sure the adults can make conversation. Would be good to meet you guys and share our thoughts and aspirations.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I have a stroppy 13 year old (and a 7 going on 35 year old too)
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Just to play this coincidence to its limit, we are booked onto rows 33 and 34 (H & K) on the plane, anyone close?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:17 am
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Just to play this coincidence to its limit, we are booked onto rows 33 and 34 (H & K) on the plane, anyone close?
If you all have e-tickets, you can go to aircanada.com and change seats to be near each other if you like.. Depends what's still available of course...
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

nixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the rough

We should be there as well - providing my WP turns up, we should be flying out around the 15th March. One of us should be able to make a meet-up, but I may be working
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:03 pm
NS covern member #1

So if there are maybe 3-4 groups of you coming out on that one day, for landing and reccie visits, then how many more people will be on the plane for the same purpose and how many others come on the other days?? We are so taking over NS!

Must get onto the uniforms idea DNS, with a secret handshake, an initiation ceremony and the odd annual dinner - we could give the Masons a run for their money!

..........off to run up some aprons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.