Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Maybe I am just not employable?

Maybe I am just not employable?

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 12:23 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maybe I am just not employable?

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
public forum mate ; open to views , debate etc
Absolutely. Also a place for behaving reasonably. And learning.

You offered your lack of coming on the forum regularly as a reason for not knowing better.

Learn and take that into account next time you want to badmouth someone whose circumstances your lack of attendance makes you unaware of.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

You offered your lack of coming on the forum regularly as a reason for not knowing better.

Learn and take that into account next time you want to badmouth someone whose circumstances your lack of attendance makes you unaware of.

Good luck Jsmth
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:56 am
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BristolUK

no i offered my not coming on regularly as being aware as the OP had previous

i was merely weighing in with my opinion based upon not getting work

i will badmouth who i see fit ; especially if i hear anymore hard luck stories
- in this case all the regular posters (not me) obviously knew there was more to the job search than lack of usable skills ; or getting off ones ar$

point i was making i don't spend all day trawling thru all the posts -so am not aware of all the 'other' circumstances = which were not revealed in this thread - some rather cryptic messaging aside

thanks for the advice though
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:32 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

- in this case all the regular posters (not me) obviously knew there was more to the job search than lack of usable skills ; or getting off ones ar$

point i was making i don't spend all day trawling thru all the posts -so am not aware of all the 'other' circumstances = which were not revealed in this thread - some rather cryptic messaging aside

Not in the Canada forums you won't.

Trust me.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 3rd 2013 at 5:22 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

i will badmouth who i see fit ;
Why?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 10:19 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

i will badmouth who i see fit ;

Play nice please Beaverquest! you can huff and puff all you like but you can't badmouth us...so yah boo sucks to you too

I hope for one moment that you are not suggesting that the rest of us spend all day on this website either? It is a great place for information, humour and fun...and the occasional bit of support. I can think of quite a large number of posters, who at some small point in their posting history have felt the need for a bit of support due to unforeseen circumstances, or just life....me included. The fantastical thing about this place is, even though I sometimes feel a bit isolated and stuck, I do (possibly naively) believe that if I'm having a downer, somebody has probably felt something similar and will be supportive in a practical fashion.
The rest of the time I'm quite well humoured and open season to most amusing pokes as I think we are all? I feel a spirit of community on here, and like a community, we seek to give aid when appropriate.

You didn't know that the OP has been just going through a bit of a dilemma, you were a bit hard, as he sounds to be very proactive given his plight. You weren't to know, so no problem, I'm sure the OP understands.

Just be nice please
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Not that i am rushing to anyone's defence but i can understand someone being harsh with regards to someone else having no success in a job search

some posters rush to judgement without knowing the facts

that is just human nature

on the plus side all other comments have been helpful and understanding
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:05 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Not in the Canada forums you won't.

Trust me.
i prefer to call a spade a spade

call me old fashioned
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't have to. Jsmth's footnote gives it away "Life of a borderliner". So with some medical knowledge or the ability to use google you could have found out that there might be more to the story.

I understand that sometimes it gets annoying when people wing and complain but won't make any effort to change things (not in the OPs case as we established) but that is still no reason to badmouth someone. Maybe nudge them a bit to get up and try harder but badmouth? Why? Where does that help any of us? Depressed or just lazy?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I had a phone interview today, and passed, and tomorrow I have a group interview and possibly one on one interview pending what happens at the group interview.
Congrats!

Hope it goes well for you.

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 5:12 pm
Banned

I have deleted the last few posts that were off topic as I see no reason to keep posts that are likely to antagonise.

Apologies to posters who were responding.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 11:39 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I had a phone interview today, and passed, and tomorrow I have a group interview and possibly one on one interview pending what happens at the group interview.
Have you had the group interview now? If so, how did it go?
Old Oct 4th 2013, 12:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Have you had the group interview now? If so, how did it go?
Yes this morning, it was more info session with the group part, what they are looking for, what they expect, info about the company, then went to 1 on 1 interview, had 2 of those.

They say they will call either way in the next 2 weeks.

I should add that the bulk of my job search is assisted, I do go to an employment center 2 times a week, as well as I am going to be taking a paid employment course the province funds that is supposed to provide some basic skills like food safe, serving it right, computer stuff, resume writing etc. Its a 5 week program, so should be starting that if I am approved in about 2 weeks, unless of course I find a job before then I wont be taking it, but thats the plan as of now.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 12:26 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this morning, it was more info session with the group part, what they are looking for, what they expect, info about the company, then went to 1 on 1 interview, had 2 of those.

They say they will call either way in the next 2 weeks.

I should add that the bulk of my job search is assisted, I do go to an employment center 2 times a week, as well as I am going to be taking a paid employment course the province funds that is supposed to provide some basic skills like food safe, serving it right, computer stuff, resume writing etc. Its a 5 week program, so should be starting that if I am approved in about 2 weeks, unless of course I find a job before then I wont be taking it, but thats the plan as of now.

Good for you, sounds like you're on your way. Don't listen to the nigglying ninnies, either real ones or the ones in your head, just be brave and get on it.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
Good for you, sounds like you're on your way. Don't listen to the nigglying ninnies, either real ones or the ones in your head, just be brave and get on it.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.