Reload this Page >

Marriage License in Canada

Marriage License in Canada

Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Ruudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage License in Canada

Hi,

Im a British national looking to marry my Canadian fiance in the city where we first met as students 4 years ago.

We're planning a trip to Vancouver over the summer and want to take the opportunity to tie the knot.

I have done a bit of research and the marriage process seems relatively straight forward, but can anyone tell me:

1) Is there any restrictions or additional applications that I have to go through to get a marriage license (as i am not a Canadian citizen).

2) How long does it take to get the license and how long after getting it do we have to wait before we get married?

Many many thanks in advance for your help guys.

Ruud
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice
Default Re: Marriage License in Canada

Check out this website. It may be of some help to you. Good luck!
www.vs.gov.bc.ca/marriage
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ruudy
Hi,

Im a British national looking to marry my Canadian fiance in the city where we first met as students 4 years ago.

We're planning a trip to Vancouver over the summer and want to take the opportunity to tie the knot.

I have done a bit of research and the marriage process seems relatively straight forward, but can anyone tell me:

1) Is there any restrictions or additional applications that I have to go through to get a marriage license (as i am not a Canadian citizen).

2) How long does it take to get the license and how long after getting it do we have to wait before we get married?

Many many thanks in advance for your help guys.

Ruud
Hi Ruud

Take your passports for identification. Walk in fill out paperwork pay the fee and walk out with the marriage license which is good for 6 months.

Island Girl
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Ruudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys! I cant believe how liberal Canada is on this.
In the UK for us to get married my fiance (Canadian) would have to apply for a COA (certificate of approval) and wait several weeks for clearance before we would be allowed to marry.