Wikiposts

Marraige visit to uk but returning to Canada

Old Oct 28th 2013, 1:04 am
bsp
Just Joined

bsp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marraige visit to uk but returning to Canada

Good morning

I myself are British I have been dating my Canadian girlfriend for 8 months. She was originally born in uk but moved to Canada when she was a kid.

We are now engaged and have booked our wedding for Hogmanay in Edinburgh.

Does my fiancé have to lodge a marraige visa with the uk and if so where do u apply for this. She is only here to spend some time together and return to Canada. It is myself who is going to be moving to Canada.

Any advice would be grateful
Old Oct 28th 2013, 1:50 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marraige visit to uk but returning to Canada

Originally Posted by bsp
Good morning

I myself are British I have been dating my Canadian girlfriend for 8 months. She was originally born in uk but moved to Canada when she was a kid.

We are now engaged and have booked our wedding for Hogmanay in Edinburgh.

Does my fiancé have to lodge a marraige visa with the uk and if so where do u apply for this. She is only here to spend some time together and return to Canada. It is myself who is going to be moving to Canada.

Any advice would be grateful
Is she a citizen or still PR by the way? Are you in Canada now?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 1:53 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsp
Good morning

I myself are British
Old Oct 28th 2013, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

If born in the UK then suspect still a UK citizen and if so seriously doubt a marriage visa for the UK will be required
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:02 am
bsp
Just Joined

No I live in Scotland my fiancé lives in Calgary. She moved to Canada when she was just a kid and now has a Canadian passport

Last edited by bsp; Oct 28th 2013 at 2:04 am.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:03 am
bsp
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shard
Sorry about my grammar, I am using my iPhone and typing fast lol
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:07 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsp
Sorry about my grammar, I am using my iPhone and typing fast lol
Phew!

Are you asking about a visa for your fiance coming to Britain (not required) or residency for yourself when moving to Canada ?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:12 am
bsp
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply

What I need to know is does my fiancé require a marraige visa when entering the uk from Canada if it is only her intention to get married here and return to Canada. She is not immigrating to the uk. Does she have to gets any visa forms from the British embassy in Canada before she enters the uk, or can she enter the country and marry myself without a visa
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:13 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by bsp
Thanks for the reply

What I need to know is does my fiancé require a marraige visa when entering the uk from Canada if it is only her intention to get married here and return to Canada. She is not immigrating to the uk. Does she have to gets any visa forms from the British embassy in Canada before she enters the uk, or can she enter the country and marry myself without a visa
If she's British (which she is by birth) then she needs no visa whatsoever. It's her country, she can do what she likes.

Having a Canadian passport does not negate her British citizenship; unless she officially renounced her citizenship (highly unlikely) she is a dual citizen.

Last edited by Shard; Oct 28th 2013 at 2:15 am.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:31 am
bsp
Just Joined

She was born in Scotland but moved away when she was 2 I think. Obviously her British passport has expired and now she has a Canadian one. She is indeed a dual citizen but holds a Canadian passport. She has lived in Canada for over 30 years.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:34 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by bsp
She was born in Scotland but moved away when she was 2 I think. Obviously her British passport has expired and now she has a Canadian one. She is indeed a dual citizen but holds a Canadian passport. She has lived in Canada for over 30 years.
Have you not convinced her to come back to the homeland?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 4:00 am
bsp
Just Joined

I wouldn't want her to stay here, no jobs for a start and she makes great money in Canada. A better way of living in Calgary for her, my dear would be making 3 times less in Scotland
Old Oct 28th 2013, 4:16 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by bsp
I wouldn't want her to stay here, no jobs for a start and she makes great money in Canada. A better way of living in Calgary for her, my dear would be making 3 times less in Scotland
Fair enough. Alberta is a good place to live too.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsp
Doesn't matter, she is still British and can easily get a new passport for the UK and doesn't need a marriage visa

Just check out the UK borers website

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...yingterritory/
Old Oct 28th 2013, 5:41 am
bsp
Just Joined

Thanks for the info really appreciate the help. I have book up for our wedding on hogmany. Hopefully she can get her passport sorted by then. I wonder if she could get it fast tracked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.