Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Markets in Nova Scotia

Markets in Nova Scotia

Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

charlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Markets in Nova Scotia

Do markets regularly take place in and around Nova Scotia?

I have search the internet for details but can find nothing but flea markets and farmers markets. are they known as something else or do they not happen?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Markets in Nova Scotia

Nothing like the Markets in UK. We have mostly Farmers Markets and lots of flea markets like car boot sales. the Brewers Market in Halifax may come a bit closer to your idea of a market.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I can only think of 2 markets that I have seen here so far (apart from the one in Halifax):
Sunday Flea Market in Mahone Bay and the Thursday Farmer's Market in Lunenburg
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Funny you should mention the Thursday Market in Lunenburg.....I have lived here so long and only just dicovered it last week, the tail end to boot...Even though we only caught the end of it we met a lady from London and a lady from Leicester...really funny. Had a great conversation with them. The Flea Market in Mahone bay is great on a Sunday afternoon. Also they have the same type of huge flea market in SAckville NS on a Sunday as well.