Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Maritimes snowed in...

Wikiposts

Maritimes snowed in...

Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:27 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maritimes snowed in...

Up to 40cm (15") of snow in Nova Scotia in the last 24hrs. Many power outages.
Rain expected tomorrow. :scared:

Article on the CTV website.

Here's hoping everyone is ok.

Cheers
Steve
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Maritimes snowed in...

Gee and heres me thinking we got off lightly! We had snow here on the South Shore but not as bad as the paper said. I think the Valley Region got the most! But the power outages well it went off last night at 10:30pm and came on a few times during the night but went off again at 11:am and we didn't get it back till 6pm...thank goodness for generators! Anxious to hear how others made out.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 12:24 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corky
Gee and heres me thinking we got off lightly! We had snow here on the South Shore but not as bad as the paper said. I think the Valley Region got the most! But the power outages well it went off last night at 10:30pm and came on a few times during the night but went off again at 11:am and we didn't get it back till 6pm...thank goodness for generators! Anxious to hear how others made out.
We're in Halifax, bearing in mind it's our first snow as we've only been here three months, after about 35cm we've had a idyllic day - snow man building and sledging in the dark last night with the kids, three hours digging out car this morning (during which my one year old blacked his eye - steep learning curve for him), then several sledging sessions with my daughter.
Could have done without having to go out and clear up after the snow plough after my bath this evening tho'
As I lie on the sofa now my back is complaining a little, it feels like I've been digging all day...
Anyhow, I might as well enjoy it while it's new - I've got a feeling that (apart from the sledging) it may get a little bit tawdry over the years!

Mark
Hoping the rain stays away
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:05 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
Up to 40cm (15") of snow in Nova Scotia in the last 24hrs. Many power outages.
Rain expected tomorrow. :scared:

Article on the CTV website.

Here's hoping everyone is ok.

Cheers
Steve
Thanks for the concern Steve We are in the valley and we had a little drop of the white stuff, no power outages though (i live near a Timmies so there would have been a national outcry if we had lost power)
I don't really know what all the fuss is about, i just gave a guy $20 and Hey presto! my drive was clear.
Like you, i hope everyone else is OK.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

we had no power for 17 hours for the second time in 2 weeks, came back on at 11pm lastnight. All the kids on street had lots of fun sledging down the driveways yesterday. Took alot of the day to get cars dug out, but finally should get out today, it's alot warmer today and melting all the time. Had fun making a big fat snowman, who has now lost his head. Hope everyone has power back on. Can't wait for the next dumping of snow!!!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 2:05 am
anjit

snow like you've never seen before
Attached Thumbnails Maritimes snowed in...-snowpic1.jpg  

Old Dec 11th 2005, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Amendment - +04c. now, so it`s melting here in NB.

We had to dig out 6" yesterday to go to the stores.

Our 10 month old Boys meet snow for the first time!!!
Attached Thumbnails Maritimes snowed in...-lynn-shovels.jpg   Maritimes snowed in...-steve-shovels.jpg   Maritimes snowed in...-lynn-boys-first-snow.jpg  

Last edited by steve of 5-0; Dec 11th 2005 at 2:33 am.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:00 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Amendment - +04c. now, so it`s melting here in NB.

We had to dig out 6" yesterday to go to the stores.

Our 10 month old Boys meet snow for the first time!!!
All gone here in Edmonton, +8 degrees yesterday. Hope its back in time for Christmas Day !!!! Have fun in the snow everybody !!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
All gone here in Edmonton, +8 degrees yesterday. Hope its back in time for Christmas Day !!!! Have fun in the snow everybody !!
I agree, I want the snow back! Can I take it we have experienced our first 'chinnock'

Linda
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:44 am
anjit

here is to cheering you lot up
Attached Thumbnails Maritimes snowed in...-icesculptureinontario.jpg   Maritimes snowed in...-santadelivered.jpg   Maritimes snowed in...-themounties.jpg  

Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:26 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Linda P
I agree, I want the snow back! Can I take it we have experienced our first 'chinnock'

Linda
Whoopeeeeee, someone else in Edmonton.............................I was starting to get lonely on here. Yes we are having a chinook/ chinnock.......however its spelt. They do not cause as drastic a temperature fluctuation here as they do in other parts of Alberta.........................but we definately get em !
How long have you lived here Linda ?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:35 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Corky
We had about 18 inches of snow,used the snow blower for the first time,took till midday to get the car out of the drive.We had no power from 10.30 fri night until 2pm sat, we have no backup system yet for heating,so it was very cold fri.night.I have ordered a generator which will be here this week....Tony.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Happydayz
We had about 18 inches of snow,used the snow blower for the first time,took till midday to get the car out of the drive.We had no power from 10.30 fri night until 2pm sat, we have no backup system yet for heating,so it was very cold fri.night.I have ordered a generator which will be here this week....Tony.
And I hear NS Power want to charge ya another 13%?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:19 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
And I hear NS Power want to charge ya another 13%?
Yep, thats what you get for living in the best place, we could always move to NB and live on the cheap
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Yep, thats what you get for living in the best place, we could always move to NB and live on the cheap
A valid observation - It was the NS road potholes that made our car glad to be in NB!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.