British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   marine cargo insurance please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/marine-cargo-insurance-please-735822/)

big ron Oct 16th 2011 12:56 pm

marine cargo insurance please

Hi
As anyone got any contacts for insuring my goods in transit to Canada.The quotes from the removal companies seem a bit high.Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Ben W Bell Oct 16th 2011 5:42 pm

Re: marine cargo insurance please

Say to the shippers it's a bit high. Our insurance was more than the shipping, and when we complained they ended up nearly halving it.

MandyStock Oct 16th 2011 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by big ron (Post 9677760)
Hi
As anyone got any contacts for insuring my goods in transit to Canada.The quotes from the removal companies seem a bit high.Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Haven't had any personal experience with this company, but a couple of members of the forum have mentioned these people: Letton Percival (Liverpool), apparently they charge about 1.53% Tel: 0151 236 4568. Will be contacting them myself when the big move arrives.

marknh Oct 16th 2011 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by MandyStock (Post 9678091)
Haven't had any personal experience with this company, but a couple of members of the forum have mentioned these people: Letton Percival (Liverpool), apparently they charge about 1.53% Tel: 0151 236 4568. Will be contacting them myself when the big move arrives.

Hi I used these for our shipment thats leaving this week. they couldnt have been more helpful and at a very good cost.

big ron Oct 17th 2011 8:10 am

Hi
Thank everyone for your replies much appreciated I will try them all and see what they can come up with.:thumbsup:

helcat12 Oct 17th 2011 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by MandyStock (Post 9678091)

I used Letton Percival, they were easy to talk to on the telephone, cheap and efficient at getting the documents to me and issuing the policy.
Luckily, my ship didn't sink, so I am happy to say I do not know what their claims system is like.:thumbsup:

Their insurance also covers you from the time the removers come to collect the goods, so you are insured for any damage they cause , breakage or loss while it is in the hands of the removers, which is a double benefit.
It didn't help us, though, as our stuff had been in storage for some while but it might be useful to someone else.:)