Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Manitoba Vs Ontario

Manitoba Vs Ontario

Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba Vs Ontario

Originally Posted by Grah
Yes we only grow food here....
Surely there's also some hay, for all those PMU horses, and probably some weed.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
. Cold damp winters with snot
EEEEwwwww
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
if you consider PEI remote I'm guessing NL must be somewhere near the end of the world..............
Isnt it?
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:21 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lees147
Evy you shouldn't take any blame in this matter it was me that described it as remote...

I didn't think you could drive to and from 'the island'.

Is it possible for you to let me know if it is a good place to buy a hoiliday home?

My wife and I are thinking a place in PEI or even a cabin in Vancouver.
Nah, not offended as I live somewhere even more remote! PEI is connected to NB by the Confederation Bridge. Or there is a ferry to NS. To drive to PEI from Halifax is about 4 hrsish & there is a small airport at Charlottetown.

Is it a good place to buy a holiday home? Well if you like beaches, lobster and faintly South Devon like countryside then yes. It gets busy in the summer and is dead (and very snowy) in the winter. Property seems ridiculously cheap when I last looked on mls.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:22 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Isnt it?
Newfoundland isn't the end of the world...............................

................but at times I think you can see it from here!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud of

At the very beginning we were tempted even though SEEMS remote ! I really liked the idea of running a B & B around the Bay of Fundy so that all my guests would be impressed with the whale watching etc. Not much there for the kids though I feel, could be wrong.

Evy
Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

carpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud ofcarpenters has much to be proud of

Ianik: "Cold damp winters with snot"

"EEEEwwwww"

Have to say I was thinking the same :scared:

Yuk I know where I'd choose to live in that case

On the other hand I hear Winnipeg can be a tad chilly so if you hide from the bogeymonster you may tolerate Toronto conditions better

On the tourism side and being more helpful I would definitely say Ontario's likely to be a better place to try setting up a B&B. Winnipeg would be off the beaten track for many a tourist, whereas Ontario's got all the sights & definitely a tourist hotspot.

Last edited by carpenters; Sep 20th 2006 at 6:12 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carpenters
Ianik: "Cold damp winters with snot"

"EEEEwwwww"

Have to say I was thinking the same :scared:

Yuk I know where I'd choose to live in that case

On the other hand I hear Winnipeg can be a tad chilly so if you hide from the bogeymonster you may tolerate Toronto conditions better

On the tourism side and being more helpful I would definitely say Ontario's likely to be a better place to try setting up a B&B. Winnipeg would be off the beaten track for many a tourist, whereas Ontario's got all the sights & definitely a tourist hotspot.
Thanks carpenters, where you heading to?
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:00 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs
Thanks carpenters, where you heading to?
Bethlehem???
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iaink
EEEEwwwww

You know what I meant...smart-ass!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 10:12 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Surely there's also some hay, for all those PMU horses, and probably some weed.
Isn't PMU in Decline now they can synthesize.

How about buying this place http://www.bbcanada.com/bb_forsale/potentialbb/
Old Sep 21st 2006, 12:50 am
dbd
Forum Regular

dbd has a spectacular aura aboutdbd has a spectacular aura aboutdbd has a spectacular aura about

I don't think they can legally synthesize. It's an interesting legal battle because the argument of the PMU producers is that random elements of their product, dirt to you and me, cannot be accurately reproduced in a laboratory and therefore synthetics are not equivalent. The demand is decline because of publicity about the conditions in Manitoba, it seems that lots of women would rather not have the drug than support the conditions of production.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:49 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd
I don't think they can legally synthesize. It's an interesting legal battle because the argument of the PMU producers is that random elements of their product, dirt to you and me, cannot be accurately reproduced in a laboratory and therefore synthetics are not equivalent. The demand is decline because of publicity about the conditions in Manitoba, it seems that lots of women would rather not have the drug than support the conditions of production.

All sounds to be a bit of a 'mare to me.

Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

It looks like the nasty kings castle in Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang

I'm really after up upand running B&B.

When you see a property you like do you need to add GST on the price. Or do you pay what you see?

EVY
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs
It looks like the nasty kings castle in Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang

I'm really after up upand running B&B.

When you see a property you like do you need to add GST on the price. Or do you pay what you see?

EVY

GST is only on new houses. I suppose that, if you bought the B&B as a business with no residential element, you might get into GST but I don't think you'd want to do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.