Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For the Mac Users

For the Mac Users

Old Nov 13th 2004, 7:48 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: For the Mac Users

Originally Posted by macmike41
Shuttle, Shuttle er I thought a shuttle was a boring old bus/train/plane you caught on the way to work - but if its really a PC in a colour other than black or cream then I stand corrected MrT - (bet it costs a few bob though as it must be a none standard one). By the way what make is it, there are so many different manufacturers of non Mac PC's that its difficult to know what are good ones and what are bad ones.
Shuttle is the make, and it's completely standard. Plus cheap too base line model is £100 for the case, and motherboard with built in firewire, network, and sound. Can get one with graphics built in too. Plus it's only about 11" x 8" x 8". Couldn't fit a G5 in that space.

Mike if you are seriously interested...

http://www.shuttle.com/index.html

It has a revolutionary cooling system, which means it runs pretty quietly. I bought mine from Ebuyer.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 7:51 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
God bless capitalism.
Who pays for M$ products????
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SirTainly
Shuttle is the make, and it's completely standard. Plus cheap too base line model is £100 for the case, and motherboard with built in firewire, network, and sound. Can get one with graphics built in too. Plus it's only about 11" x 8" x 8". Couldn't fit a G5 in that space.

It has a revolutionary cooling system, which means it runs pretty quietly. I bought mine from Ebuyer.
You system engineers..... PC users arent' happy enough that they have 90% of the computer customers....now you have to resort to recruiting on a britishexpat forum....shame, shame on you......
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Of you or the powerbook ??
I'm going to keep you guessing on that one for awhile........
Old Nov 13th 2004, 5:48 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Who pays for M$ products????
Don't ask me, I don't know. LOL
Old Nov 13th 2004, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Get the powerbook, get the powerbook....then you can post a picture of it....and I can drool all over the picture.
You'd better drool over a picture than over your new p-book!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Toontje
You'd better drool over a picture than over your new p-book!
Wouldn't be half as much fun though......send me a picture of you and I'll drool over it.....while I wait for my new ibook...although at this point, even a frozen mars bar with a cup of coffee is tempting....
Old Nov 13th 2004, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

......send me a picture of you and I'll drool over it.....
1. Get yourself a full box of tissues.
2. Cover your entire keyboard with plenty of tissues.
3. Open your "Private messages".
4. Open the message I send you.
5. Start drooling.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 11:58 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Get yourself a full box of tissues.
2. Cover your entire keyboard with plenty of tissues.
3. Open your "Private messages".
4. Open the message I send you.
5. Start drooling.
tissues? drool?

sounds alittle dirty...
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ksct97
tissues? drool?

sounds alittle dirty...
I send her a photo of myself. It's a dirty picture.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I send her a photo of myself. It's a dirty picture.
it is not. It's a picture of a very nice looking "older gentleman"....
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it is not. It's a picture of a very nice looking "older gentleman"....
How dare you? Classifying me as an "older gentleman" because of my receding hair line.....
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How dare you? Classifying me as an "older gentleman" because of my receding hair line.....
Gee....I thought anyone over 40 was classified as a "senior citizen"
Old Nov 14th 2004, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gee....I thought anyone over 40 was classified as a "senior citizen"
I'm not over 40, I am 40.

And next year they're gonna raise the limit to 41.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm yes very interesting site MrT and I see what you mean - it does look and sound a bit outside the norm for a PC. But I think I will stick to my Mac - no point in changing now as I have been with them since the late ‘70 when a lot of memory was 16K and hard drives were a dream of the future ho hum how things have changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.