Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

M&M Meats Calgary, Whats it all about?

M&M Meats Calgary, Whats it all about?

Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default M&M Meats Calgary, Whats it all about?

Have seen these shops around the local area and popped in out of curiosity. It seemed to have an extensive menu and reasonably priced, does anybody have any comments to make about them?

I have never heard of them before or read any threads on them.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:14 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M&M Meats Calgary, Whats it all about?

All their meat is frozen.

Some people like M&M Meats, and others don't. I suppose the only way to know for sure is to try some of their offerings for yourself.
x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

yorkie lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont get the chicken breasts.....they dont taste that good and a good % of them are water!! The desserts seem ok though.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:20 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by yorkie lad
Dont get the chicken breasts.....they dont taste that good and a good % of them are water!! The desserts seem ok though.
Now my kids love the chicken from there and they are good when you have forgotten to get meat out the night before.
Also there meatballs are good, as we have a small freezer at the moment i just nip and get a few bits at a time, but what i have seen cheaper than most on there meats, havent tried the desserts as we make our own, but maybe worth it for the party we are doing,,,,,so i will report back
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:35 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chinook
Have seen these shops around the local area and popped in out of curiosity. It seemed to have an extensive menu and reasonably priced, does anybody have any comments to make about them?

They served frozen food and I must admit there is always something in my freezer from there. Some of the meals and soups are great, newk them in the microwave and they are done real quick and are good. Other things are not too great.

As for the meat balls, they are the only place to get ones that are frozen and good. (note to self to get some next week!)
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:35 am
River

River is an unknown quantity at this point

The chicken breast are really good put them on the bbq frozen, and they are good to make many chicken dishes with or a chicken creaser salad, I have tried other frozen chicken breast which have been full of water the M & M ones are the only ones I will buy, also the pumpkin & apple pies when they go on sale two for $5.00 I buy a few they are just the right size.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chinook

They sell mechanically separated components of battery animals replete with hormones and steroids. You can see above that they offer watery chicken breasts whole, you might want to consider what animal byproducts they consider need grinding up before they can be sold. M&Ms is to butcher's shops as McDonalds is to restaurants.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been in but I did eat a thai something or other of theirs at a party once. OH wandered in one time and said you couldn't look at stuff, it was all behind a counter. So sort of Iceland crossed with Argos?!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

We buy the peppered steaks when they are on offer -mmm, very good. I may well try the meatballs after all the recommendations!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:02 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I've never been in but I did eat a thai something or other of theirs at a party once. OH wandered in one time and said you couldn't look at stuff, it was all behind a counter. So sort of Iceland crossed with Argos?!
Yes, it's sorta like that, except they do open the box of whatever and show it to you before you buy it. Some good stuff, some not so good. Very convenient. Really no different than all the frozen convenience foods in Brit supermarkets. I use the chicken breasts a lot in recipes, they are the best of the frozen ones I've tried, but fresh is better.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:32 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
We buy the peppered steaks when they are on offer -mmm, very good. I may well try the meatballs after all the recommendations!
They also do a real good honey sauce, kids love it with the meatballs.
they say they are like ikea ones, but i just need to find the ikea sauce now
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

yorkie lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
They sell mechanically separated components of battery animals replete with hormones and steroids. You can see above that they offer watery chicken breasts whole, you might want to consider what animal byproducts they consider need grinding up before they can be sold. M&Ms is to butcher's shops as McDonalds is to restaurants.
I have to agree with the above quote. Check out the ingerdients on the back of the packet for water content!! We only bought the chicken breasts once and barbequed them, bit didn't find them nearly as good as say Safeway.
The desserts are pretty good though and competitively priced.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

The prawns en croute are very good...something I finally found years after M&S stopped them. That is about the only thing I get though, as the layout is very off-putting and I am not a big fan of frozen food.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Damn... you're making me hungry.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Damn... you're making me hungry.
I can offer you some authentically wild moose chunks, they're pretty good if you have all your own teeth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.