Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lying Employers

Wikiposts

Lying Employers

Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:19 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lying Employers

Unless you seriously need the cash Lozza, i'd be out that door while flipping them the bird. they basically got you to accept the job under false pretences. I wouldn't want to work for anyone like that
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thanks

The owner interviewed and hired me, also told me hours, what would be expected etc two days into it, she's changed her mind on almost everything, the manager is trying to fix it as she needs staff, she was promised two new ones and it looks like, if I stay she gets half of a person. The manager is talking about quitting too as she is fed up with the owner in more ways than one.

I know someone who is being trained for a position that isn't even open, the girl holding the position was really upset.
Sounds like she is a nightmare to work for and it's likely going to get worse.

Did you get a written contract or terms of the job before you started? If you did and the terms of employment are significantly different to that which is now happening, perhaps you could mention the words "constructive dismissal" and see what the reaction is.

If you don't want to go down that route - and personally I wouldn't want to work for anyone who has misled you to this degree - I would tell her that you are resigning as of now and tell her why.

Nightmare!

Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:21 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I am with Moo and Siouxie - tell em to trot on !!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:43 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try to find another job 1st, even if I just sign on at a temping agency - something I've never done. Don't want to cause to much trouble as it's where I work out and have a pretty successful diet plan All it will take is one more lie from her next week when she's back and I'll be off though, you shouldn't feel sick or close to tears over a job
Old Apr 26th 2013, 2:49 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try to find another job 1st, even if I just sign on at a temping agency - something I've never done. Don't want to cause to much trouble as it's where I work out and have a pretty successful diet plan All it will take is one more lie from her next week when she's back and I'll be off though, you shouldn't feel sick or close to tears over a job
Herbal magic?
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:01 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Herbal magic?
No I'm a Curves girl, I like real food, and don't like supplements

Today was a good day btw, just concerned about when the Owner reappears, I'll hold on until then I think.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:08 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Today was a good day btw, just concerned about when the Owner reappears, I'll hold on until then I think.
Bit of a cross thread reference, but what degree are you wearing?
Old Apr 26th 2013, 2:27 pm
half a century

Hmm franchised yes?
Old Apr 26th 2013, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Bit of a cross thread reference, but what degree are you wearing?
The degree of hard knocks

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Hmm franchised yes?
Yep franchised, the owner has great people skills....until she employs you