Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love Canada, not sure about the people

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Fair point ... but I'll see her and raise you Avril Lavigne and Justin Bieber (might as well be female).
I can only think of William Shatner - well he was known as the male Fay Wray.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bramley
I appreciate that too so I'm not gonna say anything more...sorry!!
To be fair you were the one coming fairly aggressively and when some made a joke well you seemed to lose the plot. So don't dish out what you can't take. I mean did you seriously not get the poster who said "well you shouldn't have married him then" was joking???????? Come on.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:06 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reggiedh
To be fair you were the one coming fairly aggressively and when some made a joke well you seemed to lose the plot. So don't dish out what you can't take. I mean did you seriously not get the poster who said "well you shouldn't have married him then" was joking???????? Come on.
Was I? Oh yes, joking, that's right

I guess some people stay too long and the sense of irony is automatically deported.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:09 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I can only think of William Shatner - well he was known as the male Fay Wray.
Alanis Morissette? Google is your friend ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians

Celine is not listed under 'Criminals'
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:12 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Was I? Oh yes, joking, that's right

I guess some people stay too long and the sense of irony is automatically deported.
How are you getting on with the Australians? Do you love them?
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:21 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Oink
How are you getting on with the Australians? Do you love them?
It's too early for love but we are going steady, have shacked-up together and have made our first large joint purchase.

We are still feeling each other out ... as it were
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

I firmly believe that Bramley has the absolute right to express her opinions without being berated by many others.

If she's not certain that she likes the Canadians.......then so be it!

HOWEVER...........I ask myself what the Canadians would think of her.

I am UK born and bred........do I like all Brits?...no way.......but I like some!!

I believe that there will be some Canadians who she will like....and some (probably the majority) that she will not. It's the same the world over.

Make friends with those who share your views, opinions and lifestyle....and let the rest get on with it!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Hi Bramley.....as a little PS to my previous post....don't give up saying things on here......your opinions are as valid as any other

Keep up the good work......Steveh
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:03 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

We've been in Canada since Feb 09 and absolutely loving the country, the people however are a different story. Although we have met some of the most amazing people we're still wondering whether the majority are two faced and arrogant...Canadians need to take a chill pill

we've been in crete now for 7 months and absolutely hate the country, the people however are the same story ive not met any amazin people whatsoever here theyre all jus ignorant, arrogant, belittling to women, backward, smelly spoilt backstabbing money grabbing s**ts .... cretans need to be nuked! an as i said before on a previous post i will be sneaking my dogs onto the 18th hole at the blue palace after a hefty meal!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:04 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
I firmly believe that Bramley has the absolute right to express her opinions without being berated by many others.

If she's not certain that she likes the Canadians.......then so be it!

HOWEVER...........I ask myself what the Canadians would think of her.

I am UK born and bred........do I like all Brits?...no way.......but I like some!!

I believe that there will be some Canadians who she will like....and some (probably the majority) that she will not. It's the same the world over.

Make friends with those who share your views, opinions and lifestyle....and let the rest get on with it!
hear hear
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:28 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

We've been in Canada since Feb 09 and absolutely loving the country, the people however are a different story. Although we have met some of the most amazing people we're still wondering whether the majority are two faced and arrogant...Canadians need to take a chill pill
Well BE sure as hell brings in the drags of this earth at times...can't anyone be nice for a change???
*cough*
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:38 am
not wired right

Originally Posted by el_richo
*cough*
yep
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:45 am
not wired right

Well BE sure as hell brings in the drags of this earth at times...can't anyone be nice for a change???
i think people were actually jus tryin to make lite of things an its a shame you didnt think it funny - i on the other hand did have a chuckle, maybe you should lighten up a tad

the canadians do things differently .... oh well!
as you say you an your hubbie have a good relationship an thats good - yu havnt got a problem have you, just enjoy your new life over there and dont worry bout whose hubbie wont let wifey out an why blah blah - their business.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsel
i think people were actually jus tryin to make lite of things an its a shame you didnt think it funny - i on the other hand did have a chuckle, maybe you should lighten up a tad

the canadians do things differently .... oh well!
as you say you an your hubbie have a good relationship an thats good - yu havnt got a problem have you, just enjoy your new life over there and dont worry bout whose hubbie wont let wifey out an why blah blah - their business.
Had to say when i first posted on here ( under a different name ) i encountered some rather nasty posts and it does put you off, i do wonder some times if thats what Canada does to these posters

Bramley please don't stop posting, you had a valid point and one i have noticed from the few Canadian people posted over here in the UK at the moment that i have a lot of contact with,
I do think the posters were joking with you at least thats how i saw it, maybe a little sensative at the moment if there are problems settling ?

Hope you can meet some nice Canadians ( what about volunteering ) let us know how you get on, Good luck
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:38 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

The OP isn't the only woman to comment that women here have Stepford wife tendencies. It isn't my experience though over here in Ontario. Where is the OP living??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.