Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:21 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love Canada, not sure about the people

Originally Posted by dgjamison
try and get a bit of humour seems you've all lost it like i did in Canada
You ain't found it yet, good luck with that
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:22 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

loved sid James, that was my era, loved that humour, hate all the rea;ity stuff now, to me the old BBC still has that sense of class still love it and don't apologise for it
They certainly don't make 'em like Carry On Camping any more ... for one thing, they couldn't

Having said that I don't mind some of the recent comedy stuff, apart from Little Britain ... everyone else seemed to like that and it didn't gel with me.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:24 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
They certainly don't make 'em like Carry On Camping any more ... for one thing, they couldn't

Having said that I don't mind some of the recent comedy stuff, apart from Little Britain ... everyone else seemed to like that and it didn't gel with me.
Yeah, I think little britain is shite as well. It's like the fast show - but shit.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:28 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Yeah, I think little britain is shite as well. It's like the fast show - but shit.
And not funny.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
If I had any idea what you were talking about I would be pleased to enlighten you.
sorry Aviator, thought I made it quite clear, what do you need to know? outside of me saying this forum was quite boring what else is there you need to know?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:46 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Aviator, thought I made it quite clear, what do you need to know? outside of me saying this forum was quite boring what else is there you need to know?
"It's like goldie and bronzie but only its made of iron."
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
You ain't found it yet, good luck with that
sorry to dissapoint you aviator, I am having a ball, met some great people, from all over, canada included, and i have to say the Canadian people i have met have confirmed to me it is you the immigrant that has the problem with your heritage....why??? I am Irish with Canadian Citizenship, and very proub to have both uk and canadian and if I wanted Irish citizenship
??? but I will always be from the Uk and I am sorry I have a problem with you people that DENY your heritage I will neve deny mine. Yes I am happy to accept Canadisn citizenship, my foreberes help shape this county, but I will never e grateful for it why should I< i gave my working life to it when I was here, I paid my taxes why would you make me feel like I owe this country anything? It's me that thinks that way, so I am paying tax here on my husbands pension and I am paying tax in the uk how many of you self rightous people are doing the same would really love to know honestely
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oink
you know Oink there are you and a few others and I Have to say your [posts are very well !!! silly;;;; sorry but thats the way I see it .... see ya
denise (not afraid to post my real name are you??)
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

I see this post as stupid.stupid. stipid, thank god I met some great people who have let me see how silly this all is PLEASE you need to get a life
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:20 am

sorry to dissapoint you aviator, I am having a ball, met some great people, from all over, canada included, and i have to say the Canadian people i have met have confirmed to me it is you the immigrant that has the problem with your heritage....why??? I am Irish with Canadian Citizenship, and very proub to have both uk and canadian and if I wanted Irish citizenship
??? but I will always be from the Uk and I am sorry I have a problem with you people that DENY your heritage I will neve deny mine. Yes I am happy to accept Canadisn citizenship, my foreberes help shape this county, but I will never e grateful for it why should I< i gave my working life to it when I was here, I paid my taxes why would you make me feel like I owe this country anything? It's me that thinks that way, so I am paying tax here on my husbands pension and I am paying tax in the uk how many of you self rightous people are doing the same would really love to know honestely
Me too. I have never denied mine or anyone's else's heritage. They've got a right to be where they've been as long as they are responsible for doing it well. And, no matter how hard you try to be someone else it just falls short of trying in another way right? You only have to look at who's not paying their taxes and find some sort of tax non-payment scheme that quite frankly upsets me when I'm angry. I don't have a problem with it unless I get annoyed and if that is the case I am glad I left the UK when it was down. My wife is not collecting her pension because she is not old enough but that's not fair because there are too many busy bodies who like to keep their noses too close to the fire. I'd also pay my taxes in France if I was French but I'm not, so I don’t think its fair some sanctimonious people say I should then give my money to the Catholic church. Straightforwardly, I wish I could see someone doing the same thing here. But sadly, not these days.

Last edited by Oink; Apr 29th 2010 at 5:22 am.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Bramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to all

you know Oink there are you and a few others and I Have to say your [posts are very well !!! silly;;;; sorry but thats the way I see it .... see ya
denise (not afraid to post my real name are you??)
You're biting, don't give them the satisfaction...I've had enough crap posted about this thread, do I care? NO!! that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Me too. I have never denied mine or anyone's else's heritage. They've got a right to be where they've been as long as they are responsible for doing it well. And, no matter how hard you try to be someone else it just falls short of trying in another way right? You only have to look at who's not paying their taxes and find some sort of tax non-payment scheme that quite frankly upsets me when I'm angry. I don't have a problem with it unless I get annoyed and if that is the case I am glad I left the UK when it was down. My wife is not collecting her pension because she is not old enough but that's not fair because there are too many busy bodies who like to keep their noses too close to the fire. I'd also pay my taxes in France if I was French but I'm not, so I don’t think its fair some sanctimonious people say I should then give my money to the Catholic church. Straightforwardly, I wish I could see someone doing the same thing here. But sadly, not these days.
Oink can I say I am so pleased you see where I am coming from, I actually thought you where all against me, all I want is for us to get together and fight for the cases like your wife. I know I came across as a smart a** BUT i NEED you expats to stop saying how great everything is and start fighting for what is right. I don;t Know Oink if we can make a difference but I am willing to try are You??
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Bramley
You're biting, don't give them the satisfaction...I've had enough crap posted about this thread, do I care? NO!! that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it

Don't let them get to you. That Alan2005 is the worst of a rather contumacious and puerile bunch. I doubt if they've got one GCSE between them.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Bramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to all

Don't let them get to you. That Alan2005 is the worst of a rather contumacious and puerile bunch. I doubt if they've got one GCSE between them.
No-one is getting to me, especially after reading the posts over the past couple of days...taking it all with a pinch of salt now
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:43 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

But Oink's real name IS Oink! I've met him - I know that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.