Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A Lot Of Special Questions Regarding Immigration

A Lot Of Special Questions Regarding Immigration

Old Aug 20th 2001, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

robertut is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the time of work experience achieved DURING the years of University taken in consideration when requiring at least 1(one) year of work experience. Well, I have more than one year of work experience achieved DURING the univeristy.

My engineer diploma will be issued to me ony in february, but I have finished the university in June, 2001.(This is a birocratical procedure here in Romania). I got though a certification to serve me until they give the diploma in my hand. Is that OK or must I wait until February to start the procedure?

I graduated as Electrical Engineer but I have work experience as a Computer Programmer and My intended occupation would be also Computer programmer. Is that possible?

I'd try the immigration on the french side, because they require less money for the Funds Required to Settle in Quebec. That means that I must choose a city in Quebec as my destination on the form, right?
And if so, do I have to remain there or may I move as soon as I arrive to Toronto(for example)? Actually, my goal is Toronto.

What's the situation with the miltary service? Here in Romania, the military service is a duty rquired by law for every man. Do I have to wait for the Romanian army to call me in and finish the duty, or may I start the immigration procedures to Canada before and leave?

Due to an accident I lost my sight at my right eye to 60%. My left eye is healthy(requires glasses, but I can see OK though, with one eye) Will I fail the medical examination because of my eye injury(been operated 2 times)?

Thank you,
Respectfully,
Robert Horvath