Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking for recommendation for shippers (London -> Toronto)

Looking for recommendation for shippers (London -> Toronto)

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice
Default Looking for recommendation for shippers (London -> Toronto)

Hi,

I landed in Toronto in Oct 2012, but had to return home due to my mum falling ill. We are now in a position to move to permanently to Toronto this summer.

I was looking for recommendations from people who had moved their belongings to Toronto from London. Can someone recommend a reputable firm?

I was thinking of air cargo as we were moving simple things like clothes, cutlery, blurays etc., but now have decided to include our bed and rugs, so we have decided on the ship route.

I'm set aside around £3000 for the shipping, and hope that this is enough. On the Toronto end, i've secured long term storage until we get the house.

Thanks for reading this.

MS.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:28 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for recommendation for shippers (London -> Toronto)

Have a search of the forum, there are buckets of recommendations for shipping companies.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Hi,

We used Crown Relocations when we moved UK to Toronto in 2012.

The guys who packed in the UK were quick but thorough and everything arrived safely. We used groupage as we didn't bring a lot (would change that if I did it again!) and our shipment arrived much sooner than we anticipated.

They have an office in Toronto which was convenient if we had any questions.

We didn't use their insurance ...got that from Percival something or other (can't recall but they are often quoted on here), based in Liverpool.

HTH.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi MapleSauce, long time no see.

We moved over in January 2014 and we used White and Company in the UK and requested they use Brytor in Toronto at this end. Both companies were fantastic and not one item was broken or damaged. We paid £6,500 for a 40 foot container. I chose 3 companies based on feedback from this forum and chose Whites because you didn't have to use their insurance. For insurance we used Letton Percival marine insurance.

Good luck, send me a pm if you need any further info.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

angeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Hi,

I landed in Toronto in Oct 2012, but had to return home due to my mum falling ill. We are now in a position to move to permanently to Toronto this summer.

I was looking for recommendations from people who had moved their belongings to Toronto from London. Can someone recommend a reputable firm?

I was thinking of air cargo as we were moving simple things like clothes, cutlery, blurays etc., but now have decided to include our bed and rugs, so we have decided on the ship route.

I'm set aside around £3000 for the shipping, and hope that this is enough. On the Toronto end, i've secured long term storage until we get the house.

Thanks for reading this.

MS.

Hi, we moved late last year from Essex to Montreal with a 20ft container. After several quotes we used PSS International Removals (pssremovals.com) and I cannot recommend them enough. Extremely professional from start to finish and went out of their way to make sure every inch was filled including things not noted on the original walk through list. Definitely worth a quote, good luck