Reload this Page >

Looking to move to canada soon from scotland

Looking to move to canada soon from scotland

Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

muzzy00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move to canada soon from scotland

Hi all, How are you all.

I am new to this site however have been reading alot of posts over the last year.

i would like to ask as i have been reading some really helpful posts that people have been sending others. I am looking to move to canada in the new 14months. I am a prison officer in scotland and i was hoping someone can help or advise what i need to do. I have met people that have moved 2 yrs ago and i have not been able to keep in to keep in touch.

Is it like New Zeland where you can apply for the job dircetly ? Or am i just chasing a dream that will never happen.

Many Thanks for reading.

Muzzy.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to canada soon from scotland

Basically if you are looking at working in the same job over here there are Provincial Jails (run by each Province 2 years less a day sentence or on remand) and Federal jails run by CSC Canada
http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/emplo-eng.shtml
This type of job is usually open to PRs or Canadian citizens. Never heard of an LMO being issued for this type of work.
So you need to find a PR route for this type of work.
Check the wiki section on this site or look at this site as there are over 50 ways to get to Canada. You do not need a lawyer but this site has a lot of good info on it
http://www.canadavisa.com/
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch, What is a PR route ? Im really looking to get some contact there, i hope i can apply for a job there but when they see im from the UK will they just ignor the process ?

Many Thanks
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:49 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome, I would grab a pot of tea and start reading the wiki in the blue bar above, this should give you some info to get you started and then you can ask specific questions that we can all help you with
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muzzy00
Hi

Thanks for getting in touch, What is a PR route ? Im really looking to get some contact there, i hope i can apply for a job there but when they see im from the UK will they just ignor the process ?

Many Thanks
PR = Permanent Resident of Canada. Without this the chances of finding a job in your line of work is slim to none.
Many come over on a Temporary Work Permit then apply for PR status once here through the ways mentioned in the link.
Provincial Nomination Programmes seem very popular at the moment but they are all different. Obviously knowing an area of Canada where you are thinking of moving to might help other posters chip in with their experiences.
Also look at the official CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Government jobs with benefits are pretty highly sought after. (ask Former Lancastrian )

Best bet if you are set on Canada is to read the immigration wiki and see if any of the regular routes apply to you.

Bit of a concern that you seem more focused on leaving Scotland than heading to a specific place, but maybe Im reading too much into the NZ and Cdn angle here.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

My mother has family in canada, however i have never met, i have been looking at this for a while and have know throgh friends to move i will read up on this

cheers
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
Government jobs with benefits are pretty highly sought after. (ask Former Lancastrian )

Best bet if you are set on Canada is to read the immigration wiki and see if any of the regular routes apply to you.

Bit of a concern that you seem more focused on leaving Scotland than heading to a specific place, but maybe Im reading too much into the NZ and Cdn angle here.
But you have to be good enough or lucky to get them
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

like i said cheers
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
But you have to be good enough or lucky to get them
You must be lucky then.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:45 am
Just Joined

oh yeah...
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muzzy00
My mother has family in canada, however i have never met, i have been looking at this for a while and have know throgh friends to move i will read up on this

cheers
Muzzy, not trying to sound picky, but if you are applying by e mail, then can I suggest that you spell and grammar check your posts before sending. People on this forum know that it is easy to miss this, but a prospective employer will only have what he/she sees as a guide to you. Your posts are full of spelling and grammar errors. I can see at least 8 in the post I have quoted.
Remember the first impression is the most important.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

mcfly1313 is on a distinguished road

Muzzy,

We came over 4 months ago. Le u both my wif and I were prison officers on Scotland. Canadian corrections havent been hiring for. He last 2 years and with jails closing in northern ontario certainly in Ontario anyway it doesn't look like they'll b hiring anytime soon.

Pm me if u need anymore info.
Ps. We were told by the college that here was a possibility of transferring ( nonsense!)
Old Sep 15th 2012, 11:05 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcfly1313
Muzzy,

We came over 4 months ago. Le u both my wif and I were prison officers on Scotland. Canadian corrections havent been hiring for. He last 2 years and with jails closing in northern ontario certainly in Ontario anyway it doesn't look like they'll b hiring anytime soon.

Pm me if u need anymore info.
Ps. We were told by the college that here was a possibility of transferring ( nonsense!)
Is this satirizing mikelincs' remarks?
Old Sep 15th 2012, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.

I'd just like to point out that some of us Scottish people do know how speak/type properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.