Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking for a British trained doctor in Greater Toronto Area

Looking for a British trained doctor in Greater Toronto Area

Old Jun 8th 2012, 6:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a British trained doctor in Greater Toronto Area

Originally Posted by HeidiKS
Hi,

In a bit of an emergency with an injury here in Mississauga near Toronto - my whole life is on hold for 3 months. I'm from Finland and lived in the UK for 5 years too. I find both British and Finnish doctors very professional and accurate in their treatments and diagnosis. I am looking for a British doctor in greater Toronto Area. Does anyone know one? Would be ever so grateful.

Heidi
When we lived in the GTA I had a Finnish doctor. Most incompetent tosser I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. I work with dozens of British doctors here in Australia and there's not a single one of them I would let treat my cat, never mind me.

If you want a British doctor then simples...Go to UK. If you want a Finnish doctor likewise go to Finland. FFS you're in Canada!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of

This web site is great. People wanting to transport a parrot in the passenger cabin, swap $10,000 cash for £ in a bank in front of the manager and now we've to hunt down a Finnish or UK doctor in Toronto.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tony-the-Tigger
This web site is great. People wanting to transport a parrot in the passenger cabin, swap $10,000 cash for £ in a bank in front of the manager and now we've to hunt down a Finnish or UK doctor in Toronto.
Who says Canada doesn't embrace diversity!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond repute

What a bizzare thread! If Canada was some kind of 3rd world country I guess it might be a reasonable question but the idea that doctors here are any better or worse on average than in any other similarly developed country makes no sense.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 1:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You are just mean bullies. I am extra injured pal! very Immature and no valid arguments...
I think all the excellent candadian, US and other trained doctors I have encounters woud probably be equally insulted by the lack of valid arguments you make.

My wife is currently being treated by a SA trained surgeon who is absolutely outstanding, people travel hours to see him. I wouldnt dream of rating him online though, those sites are for whiney complainers for the most part.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

headingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to all

I/family have had treatment from Candian doctors, a physio, a chiropractor since being here. All very good and frankly no different that I had experienced in the UK.

If you have seen 20 different doctors and they are telling you things you don't want to hear, maybe, just maybe you are the problem?

Experience tells me angry people will be angry everywhere.

I can't believe I just replied to this thread...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

HeidiKS is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok. So South Africans sound good, or anyone that doesn't turn away an injury patient.(been turned away too...) I would be happy with a Canadian too, it's just we've been looking for a family doctor to treat mild sinusitis and bronchitis and injury (and sending to the right places) for 3 years now. My latest injury needs medicine. I already know the drill for physio, since it's a reinjury. My physio and massage therapists are great and doing all they can, but the massage won't fully work or the stretching until a good medicine aids them. I'm stuck not able to do the beginning stretches. It's a diaphragm and chest and belly muscle injury.

Was any one of doctors you know have treated injuries well working here in GTA?

Heidi
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:58 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Heidi,

Which meds have you been prescribed for the pain - have any of them worked to any extent?

Ok. So South Africans sound good, or anyone that doesn't turn away an injury patient.(been turned away too...) I would be happy with a Canadian too, it's just we've been looking for a family doctor to treat mild sinusitis and bronchitis and injury (and sending to the right places) for 3 years now. My latest injury needs medicine. I already know the drill for physio, since it's a reinjury. My physio and massage therapists are great and doing all they can, but the massage won't fully work or the stretching until a good medicine aids them. I'm stuck not able to do the beginning stretches. It's a diaphragm and chest and belly muscle injury.

Heidi
Old Jun 8th 2012, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Heidi
Does this translate simply to - I want higher dosage pain medicine and the 20 doctors I have seen will not give it to me?

For that you need to go to the US, a guy I have heard of last in a warehouse fire, goes by the name of Hausen, Hous, Heuse or similar......
Old Jun 8th 2012, 4:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Pain Management Doctors accepting new patients in Toronto.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

In a bit of an emergency with an injury here in Mississauga near Toronto - my whole life is on hold for 3 months. I'm from Finland and lived in the UK for 5 years too. I find both British and Finnish doctors very professional and accurate in their treatments and diagnosis. I am looking for a British doctor in greater Toronto Area. Does anyone know one? Would be ever so grateful.

Heidi
Good for you for insisting on higher standards. Your health is not something you should take willy nilly.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:50 pm
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Been to 20 of them including ER, and been reading reviews online and in Mississauga only a few doctors out of over 1000 were rated by patients as working hard to find out what the problem is. And those ones are fully booked. Plus in my medical history in Finland and England I have been able to go to anyone anytime and have gotten the right medicine and treatment with injury and other things. Canadians are just not up to those standards.
Let's suppose that all doctors are so incompetent that they randomly reach the wrong conclusion with every second patient. Assuming they are not subject to similar biases, the chance of 20 consecutive doctors reaching the wrong conclusion would be just less than one in a million. On the other hand, if their wrong conclusions are due to common biases, then it is much more likely that they will reach similar conclusions. So take your pick: either they are right, or they are all wrong because of a common bias, one that we might perhaps call 'received medical wisdom'. From their point of view, these conclusions are identical. It's only your perception that draws a distinction.

The question is, why are you looking for a doctor who defies received medical wisdom?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

HPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to all

My current doctor is from Lybia, we have been really impressed with him. All doctors I have seen here apart from one I have been really happy with.

My parents old British doctor misdiagnosed my Dad and my mother on separate issues, luckily nothing too serious; but this is the same doctor that would not listen to a family friend who kept saying there was something wrong with her intestines; he kept insisting for 6 months it was relating to her a pre-existing condition. Turns out it was bowel cancer; the only reason it was found was because she got appendicitis.

She almost died from Chemo; ended up having a double stent put in, she had surgery to remove the bowel; complications from that; she almost died again. My Dad acclaims this to the best comeback since Lazarus. It is a miracle she is still here, no thanks to a delay in diagnosis from a British born and trained doctor.

It really doesn't matter the country where someone trained; We are blessed that we live in a country, Canada or the UK where the majority of healthcare services are not only free but excellent standards to boot.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful050278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony-the-Tigger

You forgot the "pink slip", that was an ace
Old Jun 8th 2012, 9:40 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

How and why did we so quickly change from being able to accept the "oh shit" factor of being reminded by injury/sickness/doctor that we're "mortal" to the sense of entitlement that, if we don't get "good" healthcare, then we deserve it?

I've had my problems with chronic pain over the last couple of years and, I'll be honest, it's been a difficult time seeking out remedies that actually help, as opposed to learning how to deal with it and get the most from life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.