Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Long Wait times at immigration at Pearson Airport

Long Wait times at immigration at Pearson Airport

Old Aug 12th 2021, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Wait times at immigration at Pearson Airport

Kelowna airport is small, not sure about private aircraft arriving from outside of Canada, but Alaska had to cease service to Seattle when the government restricted arrivals to a handful of airports, sucky as the Seattle service is convenient if flying to west coast of the US somewhere and so single connection where connecting via YVR depending on destination may have to connect again in the US, and added cost as connecting via YVR and flying on a Canadian airline jacks the price up, if I wanted to fly to see my dad, I now have to connect in YVR and either SFO/LAX/Denver start with Air Canada then connect onto United, takes most of the day, and costs $800 per passenger, so I will never do that because that is a complete rip off, but when Alaska is an option, its 1 connection in Seattle, and half the price.

Old Aug 12th 2021, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's not give and take at all. A single passenger has no negotiating power, no significance to the authorities, neither the lawmakers nor the CBSA has any obligation to the passenger. They set rules and the passenger can abide by or not fly, the authorities don't mind what you choose to do.

Are you only Canadian? What's your home passport?
Canadian, British and one other EU country.

Lawmakers as well as the CBSA are still bound by the rules set in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. That's how I understand it.

Old Aug 23rd 2021, 1:05 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if this has settled down a bit now?
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRC
Anyone know if this has settled down a bit now?
Apparently not.

https://www.blogto.com/travel/2021/0...ybFosthWUt1eM0

Besides flights from Amsterdam or Frankfurt to Toronto are a fortune at the moment. However there are some good deals to Calgary, plus spending a bit of time in Calgary and then a domestic flight to Toronto ( they are not too expensive at the moment ) are probably the better choice and even financially the same, if not even less.....

I've also heard that Montreal is also a good choice, there are reports of 15 to 20 minutes at passport control, baggage claim and customs.

Last edited by OrangeMango; Aug 23rd 2021 at 9:25 pm.