Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

London, Ontario Feedback request

London, Ontario Feedback request

Old Sep 17th 2017, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London, Ontario Feedback request

Farmboy, l have just PM my contact number here in London, Ontario
Old Sep 17th 2017, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi glendem I just replied.

we are good for tomorrow. Hope to see you then.

Regards

Farmboy
Old Sep 17th 2017, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update on our property search in London, Ontario.....realtor.ca is a great site to find open house viewings. Most viewings are 2-4 pm at the weekends. We walked in and saw 4 different properties in less than 2 hours on Saturday. Gives you a quick way to view without arranging appointments.

We spent Friday afternoon with Stephanie Martens looking at 6 ranch style homes. The first house on Kristina crescent was beautiful downstairs, but the bedroom configuration was all wrong for us.... Odd shaped rooms.
http://www.homesinlondonontario.ca/property/607481/

We travelled all around London and learnt EOA - East of Adelaide was not the best location for properties. We can highly recommend Steph. She is very helpful and informative and really takes her time with clients. If you want her details PM me. I will add links to the properties of interest below.

From what we have seen, Oakridge and Northridge areas look the best choice.
1035 Mahogany road in Oakridge http://www.homesinlondonontario.ca/search/details/7w7/4/
1320 Rideau Lane in Northridge http://www.homesinlondonontario.ca/search/details/8qg/2/

Last edited by glendem4; Sep 17th 2017 at 8:07 am.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to remember - look at the length of your driveway. Because you'll be shovelling snow off it for 5 months of the year!
Old Sep 17th 2017, 6:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Collie
One thing to remember - look at the length of your driveway. Because you'll be shovelling snow off it for 5 months of the year!

Not just the drive and length. Worth considering if you can make a path from the drive to the door without necessarily doing the full path from the sidewalk too.

And is the driveway wide enough to push snow to the side and still have room. It's surprising how much 'narrowing' there is from accumulated snow.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 6:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glendem4
Quick update on our property search in London, Ontario.....realtor.ca is a great site to find open house viewings. Most viewings are 2-4 pm at the weekends. We walked in and saw 4 different properties in less than 2 hours on Saturday. Gives you a quick way to view without arranging appointments.

We spent Friday afternoon with Stephanie Martens looking at 6 ranch style homes. The first house on Kristina crescent was beautiful downstairs, but the bedroom configuration was all wrong for us.... Odd shaped rooms.
110 Kristina Cr, London Ontario, For Sale MLS® 607481 | Real Estate

We travelled all around London and learnt EOA - East of Adelaide was not the best location for properties. We can highly recommend Steph. She is very helpful and informative and really takes her time with clients. If you want her details PM me. I will add links to the properties of interest below.

From what we have seen, Oakridge and Northridge areas look the best choice.
1035 Mahogany road in Oakridge 6433 Hamlyn St, London Ontario, For Sale MLS® 608244 | Real Estate
1320 Rideau Lane in Northridge 1320 Rideau La, London Ontario, For Sale MLS® 609437 | Real Estate
For those that don't want to sign up to homesinlondon - here's the Realtor.ca links

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N5X1X4

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N6P1J9

No longer on Realtor - https://www.homechannel.ca/listing/1...on-Ontario.cfm

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 17th 2017 at 6:24 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
For those that don't want to sign up to homesinlondon - here's the Realtor.ca links

I like the side splits so my favorite is the first one 😁
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:30 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I know they're in Canada but, still, aren't the kitchens in all of them horribly dated?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
I know they're in Canada but, still, aren't the kitchens in all of them horribly dated?
Yes, we were disappointed in the quality of the kitchens seen. We will probably install a new kitchen when we find the right property.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:33 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

No idea about how dated they are. They look like virtually all the kitchens I see in so many listings. But then just about every room looks the same as any others.

They're all wooden/laminate floors and plain walls.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 5:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

When you have the original 1950's kitchen, complete with a total of 2 upper and 4 lower cabinets, they don't look so bad!

Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

When you have the original 1950's kitchen, complete with a total of 2 upper and 4 lower cabinets, they don't look so bad!

This is the kind of bright, cheerful, modern for Canada, kitchen those places deserve:

3 bedroom flat for sale in Hornsey Lane, London, N6, N6
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

This is the kind of bright, cheerful, modern for Canada, kitchen those places deserve:

3 bedroom flat for sale in Hornsey Lane, London, N6, N6
I love those kind of places. You can rip everything out and make it look fantastic!!
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:34 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I love those kind of places. You can rip everything out and make it look fantastic!!
I wouldn't know where to begin with that kitchen. It would put me off. That's if the outside hadn't scared me away.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I wouldn't know where to begin with that kitchen. It would put me off. That's if the outside hadn't scared me away.
All you need is...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.