Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

London is great

Wikiposts

London is great

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:11 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default London is great

Still at work 1 hour after I should of gone, not being paid, waiting for Americans to OK an advert... ooh and the office is full as well. Mugs the lot of us. Next time i leave this dump i wont be coming back.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London is great

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Still at work 1 hour after I should of gone, not being paid, waiting for Americans to OK an advert... ooh and the office is full as well. Mugs the lot of us. Next time i leave this dump i wont be coming back.
Here, in Toronto, I used to arrive at the office at about 7:15. Most of my colleagues arrived between 7 and 7:15. I moved house and the traffic pattern made it convenient for me to arrive just before 7, the others now arrive between 6:30 and 6:45. It's work lunacy, not specifically London lunacy.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:48 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

I put on my Flip flop pink bunny Slippers, commute to my kitchen,get a coffee, then head to my office on my deck overlooking acres of Apple Orchards, grab my lap top and check all my email.

i normally nap for about 1/2 hour around noon.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howard1944
I put on my Flip flop pink bunny Slippers, commute to my kitchen,get a coffee, then head to my office on my deck overlooking acres of Apple Orchards, grab my lap top and check all my email.

I agree its not London its everywhere, here at my office in Tonronto is work mad, not me, i get in at 8:30 take an hour for lunch and leave at 5:00 on the dot. I work to live not the other way around.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:14 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Drive 5 minutes to downtown Guelph.

Skip over to office (not literally) by 8:15am and start dealing with the mundane at 8:30am. Take 30 mins for lunch and then oot the door at exactly 4pm. Back home for 4.10pm.

In September we go back to finishing at 4:30pm but get an hour for lunch.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:22 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

You scare me. That's almost exactly my day.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:32 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I NEED to make that my day
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Londonuck

that everyone where mate, you move away you'll find the same work work mentality, its not just london
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:48 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

I usually worked from 7.00a.m to gone 6.30 p.m. would arrive on a late flight after being away all week, would go to the Office, then go home.

The further up the ladder, the closer to the door, so you set an example.