Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

London Expo in March?

London Expo in March?

Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough
Default London Expo in March?

Hi guys

Is anyone else going to the Canada Expo in Hammersmith, London in March??

Has anyone been to one of these before and found them useful or not really??

I have noticed that there is another one called "Emigrate London" which is held at Sandown Park and is cheaper to get into - not sure which would be better to go to....

Thanks

Sonja

Last edited by KeithSonja; Feb 17th 2010 at 12:47 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Expo in March?

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Hi guys

Is anyone else going to the Canada Expo in Hammersmith, London in March??

Has anyone been to one of these before and found them useful or not really??

I have noticed that there is another one called "Emigrate London" which is held at Sandown Park and is cheaper to get into - not sure which would be better to go to....

Thanks

Sonja
Hi Sonja,

If you do a search you'll find that this question has been answered many times before and you'll get lots of opinions.

So have a hunt and hopefully that will help make your mind up. Think Emigrate would generally be thought of as being much better than the Expo's though.

Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Ok thank you, Emigrate is also closer to us!!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Ok thank you, Emigrate is also closer to us!!
We've been to both and personally Emigrate at Sandown was more informative on the whole emigration process and we found it really helpful and made some good contacts.

The expo last year,was of no use to us as there was no representation from the provinces we were interested in but you can check it out on-line before hand.

Good luck
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice

To bang the negative drum I wouldnt attend the hammersmith expo if it was for free.

You can look at my previous posts and it will explain all. Had to be the worst waste of money i have ever had, as well as a frustrating day for all involved.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Emigrate is much better, and we'll be there on 7th!!!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

We have decided to go to Emigrate on the 6th
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:19 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by md5037
To bang the negative drum I wouldnt attend the hammersmith expo if it was for free.

You can look at my previous posts and it will explain all. Had to be the worst waste of money i have ever had, as well as a frustrating day for all involved.
I agree.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We went to the London one, 2 years ago.

I think it is organised by www.workingin-canada.com.

If you go to their website and even the expo site www.expo-canada.com.

you will see that unless you are of a particular occupation most of it is useless and not worth the £15.

Some stalls are there for those who are further down the line, with currency and relocation moving firms - but the chances of getting a job - although some may - are not very good.

If you are curious and want to make a weekend of it in London then check it out, by I would say that most would leave feeling a little empty.

JET
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:14 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

To add weight to what has already been said. The expo was a big fat waste of a day for us. It was centred around a seminar on how to emigrate ( which we already had all our answers to), with very few reps and stands.

The Emigrate Show couldn't have been more useful. Plenty of really useful stands with helpful people cheerily giving advice. Even if you have your plans all sewn up, it's still useful to go in hope of making some really good contacts.