London Expo

Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default London Expo

Has anyone been to one of these things? Are they useful in any way? We're considering the London one in June, but it's a long way ( and waste of £££s) if we learn nothing that can't be found on the internet.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of
Default Re: London Expo

Hi, we are also going to the expo in London in June and were wondering the same thing. Sorry to piggy back your post, but hopefully we might be able to share info!!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

we ill 3rd it
we are thinking of going to, but not sure
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

I am not sure about this show, but I know that the Emigrate shows that took place in the UK in March, did have people from Nova Scotia Immigration and someone from a RDA. This meant that people visiting could make contact with these people without jumping on a plane and they were able to get answers to many of there immigration questions.
I think this show is more about jobs and life in Canada, which is great, but probably weaker on the actual immigration contacts, but I could be wrong.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

UKangel is on a distinguished road

We also attended the Emigrate show in March and found it excellent. We were bumbling along trying to work out how the whole process works and the visit really kick started the process.

We met immigration experts along with realtors, shippers etc. Within 1 week I had a job offer from Vancouver Island after speaking with the right people. Unfortunately the figures don't add up in BC as house prices near Victoria are so expensive, so I am now using the contacts we met at the show to look at the NS route. The BC idea is not dead but our recent visit to NS was very positive to.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

We are also currently considering the London Expo. As far as I can make out it is primarily a jobs/networking show rather than an immigration show.

According to the site:

"At the Opportunities Canada Expo you will meet Canada’s top employers and recruitment consultants who will be offering hundreds of jobs to people with the right skills, not just at the expo but in the weeks and months after.

A list of the positions they are looking to fill will be posted here closer to the date of the event. Pre-register for your preferred expo location and we’ll send you an email to let you know when these have been posted."

It all sounds a bit too good to be true tbh, but may well be worth a look?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Hi.

We went to an emigration show here in Holland back in March, it was ok, most of the info we got you can get on the internet, but it was good to chat face to face and get some personal advice. I took copys of my Cv, and a got someone to edit it for me to what Canadian Employers are expecting from a CV. I also handed out a few copys of it to employment agencys. I did land a job 10 days later, although not through any contact I made at the show. If anything, it got us more excited and determined to get the ball rolling and make the move! It must have worked, we move to Calgary in June!
Oh, and we picked up lots of free notepads and pens, you can never have enough pens, I say!