Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"Local applicants only"- Do I need a job offer before I arrive?

"Local applicants only"- Do I need a job offer before I arrive?

Old Sep 11th 2018, 2:10 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Local applicants only"- Do I need a job offer before I arrive?

Originally Posted by ageddes
no clue how to move to somewhere new.
Neither did any of us in the beginning, 2nd time around will be easy! We figure it out as we go along, this is part of the journey and excitement. With access to so much data online, after one has sifted out the garbage, it is easier today to find out information and communicate with others who have done the same.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 5:57 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that the Australia, Canada and new Zealand have extended visas for UK nationals because the commonwealth. As for out of the frying pan and into the fire- that's exactly what I'm scared of. I have enough money but no clue how to move to somewhere new.
Nope - no Commonwealth orientated Visas I'm aware of. The days of a map coloured pink are long gone. I think the IEC route is still going to be your most likely. No route is quick.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

sayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's disappointing. I don't think I can take another six months here in the UK. Perhaps there's a different country I can apply for. Why does it take so long considering that I am from the UK- a commonwealth country?
You can move to anywhere in the EU easily. Dublin has strong econmy. If you speak German that's a good possibility as well.