Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

LMO - Boot's on the other foot ....

LMO - Boot's on the other foot ....

Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:16 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default LMO - Boot's on the other foot ....

Hi all - I am in the very early stages of applying for an LMO in order that we can hire a foreign worker. I have done searches but can't find any recent threads on anyone who has completed an LMO application as an employer - rather than the temp WP side of it as an employee.

I have downloaded all the relevant forms, etc from HRDC website and understand what they require but, as always, it would be useful to hear from anyone who has been through this themselves or who can give me any pointers on what makes a great employer LMO application.

Many thanks! J
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:04 am
Just Joined

ajcarroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO - Boot's on the other foot ....

Originally Posted by Jingle
Hi all - I am in the very early stages of applying for an LMO in order that we can hire a foreign worker. I have done searches but can't find any recent threads on anyone who has completed an LMO application as an employer - rather than the temp WP side of it as an employee.

I have downloaded all the relevant forms, etc from HRDC website and understand what they require but, as always, it would be useful to hear from anyone who has been through this themselves or who can give me any pointers on what makes a great employer LMO application.

Many thanks! J
Good Luck!!!???
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

What industry - I suppose this would also make a difference?
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:28 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have this?
http://employment.alberta.ca/documen...w_employer.pdf
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:46 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

my husband did this for his trucking company. i know one of the biggest issues he had was that the job had to be advertised in Canada first.

When you get about 1000 applicants for one job, it is hard to say none were suitable. But in fact most were not suitable.

i know he had another company doing the advertising and working with Gov of Alberta and eventually we got over the people we wanted from the UK. They did all the work.

If you want more details, pm me as my husband is out and i can not be more informative at the moment.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 2:05 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

We didnt do the application, but helped employer to sort out

i would say in todays market go over and beyond what they are asking, if it does get refused go again at it with whatever they need............
if you need any help just PM, been through this with a few people lately and honestly they are allowing lmo's, but they are also making the emploers jump through hoops...

Good luck
LB
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:28 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
No I hadn't seen it .... many thanks!

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
We didnt do the application, but helped employer to sort out

i would say in todays market go over and beyond what they are asking, if it does get refused go again at it with whatever they need............
if you need any help just PM, been through this with a few people lately and honestly they are allowing lmo's, but they are also making the emploers jump through hoops...

Good luck
LB
Thanks I'll drop you a quick PM if you don't mind ...

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell
i know one of the biggest issues he had was that the job had to be advertised in Canada first.
Yes, that's what I am planning at the moment. You have to use the HRDC website apparently and then I am hoping to use Monster/Workopolis/Kiijii so that we can monitor electronically how many hits we get (as additional proof of interest, etc)

Originally Posted by ajcarroll
Good Luck!!!???
Thank you!

Originally Posted by phat-dave
What industry - I suppose this would also make a difference?
It's a live-in nanny position for my boss's family. Ideally he wants a Mandarin Chinese speaker with pediatric nursing experience ...

Thanks everyone for the replies! J