Lloydminster

Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Lloydminster

My family and I are thinking about moving to Lloydminster Canada. My husband is a Truck Driver and we were just wondering if anyone could give me alittle information on that area of Alberta.

There is one or two people on the trucking threads that work for a company in Lloydminster but are hardley ever on this site. So any info from you guys would be great.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lloydminster

To narrow it down, its things like schools, shopping, homes, living in the area and things to do and places to go as a family that I want to know.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:28 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

What happened to PEI
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:00 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Im in shockgood luck to you where ever you end up
kate
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alvic
What happened to PEI
We are still going next year, BUT if the company in Lloydminster offer Simon a job - thats where we are going as it means Simon will be home every night

So we will have to wait and see.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kate white
Im in shockgood luck to you where ever you end up
kate
Cheers Chick - The same to you and James

Karla x x x
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karla03
My family and I are thinking about moving to Lloydminster Canada. My husband is a Truck Driver and we were just wondering if anyone could give me alittle information on that area of Alberta.

There is one or two people on the trucking threads that work for a company in Lloydminster but are hardley ever on this site. So any info from you guys would be great.

Karla x x x
We stopped a few times in Lloydminster last year when we were staying at my Father-in-laws house in Vegreville. That's the halfway point more or less between Edmonton and Lloydminster. At one point we started to research the area if we were going to stay in Alberta but in the end we came back to Ontario.

Lloydminster straddles the Alberta/Saskatchewan border with one half of the city in each province so I wasn't ever really sure how the tax situation worked out with regard to Alberta not having a provincial sales tax while Saskatchewan does.

I'm afraid that I can't give any really useful information on what you need to know about but I liked the feel of the place and if our circumstances had been different I wouldn't have minded living there. There was one decent sized Mall with plenty of large retail stores along the way too. At the time it seemed like every store had a "help wanted" sign in the window. At the relatively low speed that I drive I think Edmonton was a little over two hours away by car if you need that West Edmonton Mall fix!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stepnek
We stopped a few times in Lloydminster last year when we were staying at my Father-in-laws house in Vegreville. That's the halfway point more or less between Edmonton and Lloydminster. At one point we started to research the area if we were going to stay in Alberta but in the end we came back to Ontario.

Lloydminster straddles the Alberta/Saskatchewan border with one half of the city in each province so I wasn't ever really sure how the tax situation worked out with regard to Alberta not having a provincial sales tax while Saskatchewan does.

I'm afraid that I can't give any really useful information on what you need to know about but I liked the feel of the place and if our circumstances had been different I wouldn't have minded living there. There was one decent sized Mall with plenty of large retail stores along the way too. At the time it seemed like every store had a "help wanted" sign in the window. At the relatively low speed that I drive I think Edmonton was a little over two hours away by car if you need that West Edmonton Mall fix!
Thanks for your info - I've also been told that there is a large staff shortage in Lloydminster.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alvic
What happened to PEI
PEI is the place we are going - Alberta is out the window now. We are hoping to move at the end of Feb start of March 08.

Can't wait

Karla x x x
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:49 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

It's a small town but the locals seemed nice enough. A lot of building was going on there when i was there over 2 years ago. The land scape is flat and gets cold in winter. Was -30 i think when i was there. Did not bother other people or us mind you. There were enough stores to buy stuff. Houses seemed warm and cosey, well they have to be there i guess. Plenty of big long straight roads. Check where you plan to live as taxes are cheaper on one side of town to the other as the town crosses two states. You can go to Edmonton for big shopping if you want to. Amazing City. There is an oil refinery there just outside of town. Check it out on google Earth.

Last edited by Lenmil; Sep 12th 2007 at 11:13 am. Reason: Addpictures
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:38 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Some more for you.