Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living and Working in Canada book to give away!

Wikiposts

Living and Working in Canada book to give away!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future
Default Living and Working in Canada book to give away!

Hi - I have a book which I wanted to sell but some of the corners had been ruffled up. Although readable it would make it difficult to sell. With that in mind I was wondering if anyone waiting to move to Canada would like to take it off my hands just for the price of shipping it to you?

The book is called Living and Working in Canada - second edition by Benjamin Kranc and Karina Roman published 2002.

If you have a paypal account the funds can be sent to me and I will ship the book straight away. Let me know if you're interested by private message and I'll confirm the shipping price depending on where you are located.

Thanks all!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:22 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and Working in Canada book to give away!

Originally Posted by crazydaisy
Hi - I have a book which I wanted to sell but some of the corners had been ruffled up. Although readable it would make it difficult to sell. With that in mind I was wondering if anyone waiting to move to Canada would like to take it off my hands just for the price of shipping it to you?

The book is called Living and Working in Canada - second edition by Benjamin Kranc and Karina Roman published 2002.

If you have a paypal account the funds can be sent to me and I will ship the book straight away. Let me know if you're interested by private message and I'll confirm the shipping price depending on where you are located.

Thanks all!
No sale but I have that book. Interested to know whether you found it useful for your time in Canada ?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:46 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Garfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud of

Thanks all!
Hi,
If you found it useful I may take it off your hands, depends on the postage costs though !
Gary
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tangram
No sale but I have that book. Interested to know whether you found it useful for your time in Canada ?
Yes I did find it useful as the true hard facts are outlined warts and all, for instance on page 96 it states:

"It cannot be stressed enough that before deciding to go to Canada you should ensure that your educational and training qualifications are accepted here. Just because immigration Canada gives more points on the permanent residency application for certain occupations does not mean that you will be able to continue in that job once in Canada".

It does have great information in all areas as you know from accomodation to banking to education and although this can often be pulled together using internet research it is sometimes nice to have it all in one place. I found the section at the back with useful addresses very handy too!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Yes I did find it useful as the true hard facts are outlined warts and all, for instance on page 96 it states:

"It cannot be stressed enough that before deciding to go to Canada you should ensure that your educational and training qualifications are accepted here. Just because immigration Canada gives more points on the permanent residency application for certain occupations does not mean that you will be able to continue in that job once in Canada".

It does have great information in all areas as you know from accomodation to banking to education and although this can often be pulled together using internet research it is sometimes nice to have it all in one place. I found the section at the back with useful addresses very handy too!
hey, i bought my hubby this book for Xmas just so he would have a ruff idea what to expect, and we both think its a excellent book, so i would recommend it to any would be buyers i can also recommend another book called how to be an Canadian very funny can't remember who the author is tho, the cover has a big maple doughnut on the front.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all for your responses - the book now has a happy new owner! I have another in my Ebay store called Living and Working in Canada by Janet MacDonald and also have a book called The Very Best of British by Mike Etherington. If anyone is interested they're welcome to drop me a line in the private message part of this board and I'll send details of the links. Also if anyone fancies Union Jack T-shirts, mousemats, key rings and teddies I'm yer gal!

Thanks and best wishes, daisy