Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Old Nov 11th 2006, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

OMG.... she cant have researched that much as most of the things she has moaned about she should have known before going?!?!?

At least the garbage man arrives there... its been pot luck here lately if they come... was left for 2 weeks the other week, next door had maggots in theres...

You have to pay for dental treatment in UK too most of the time now as alot of the dentists have gone private... a few months ago I paid £80 for a filling... 2 weeks later it fell out and I had to go back and pay another £90.

If she speaks to people around there with the same attitude... maybe thats why they act like they cant understand her... probably want to run a mile!!!

You have to pay your bills each month here in the UK... so whats her problem with that one???

Not all companies in UK pay you for being off sick.

Canada has it right i think making people pay for things and being choosy about who they let in to the country (obciously were not too choosy with her she must have slipped through!!). The UK gives money out left right and centre to people who are not from here and scum bags that are happy to sit on the dole and get everything given to them... and us tax payers foot the bills. We let any tom dick and harry just wander in to the country they get a council house and grant for a car etc (they are too scared to use public transport). We are getting so many polish coming over working for a couple of quid and taking jobs from people in the UK.
At least to get in to canada you have to be able to support yourself and cant just sponge off everyone!!!

Dont really understand that woman at all.... what a very strange person!!!

Oh god... ive turned in to a moaner just like her!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 1:58 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

i read the article and all i can say is she must be one of those people who expect everything in life to be perfect,
now i know when we get over it will be a massive shock but ,you pay high tax here, so thats no different , pay extortionate poll tax for what you get (well i think so anyway), its basically swings and roundabouts , i think (in my humble opinion),
we live in a nice house, have a regular car, dont live extravigant lifestyles are happy to have a beer in the house etc..
but i think these people imagine when they go over its all gonna be "why hello neiighbours , heres some home made apple pie " in truth there are people everywhere that arnt as hospitable as some would like and although most people are friendly maybe she just gives off miserable vibes and scares peeps :scared:
Old Nov 11th 2006, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

dinamarca has a brilliant futuredinamarca has a brilliant futuredinamarca has a brilliant futuredinamarca has a brilliant futuredinamarca has a brilliant futuredinamarca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by deenailz
i read the article and all i can say is she must be one of those people who expect everything in life to be perfect,
now i know when we get over it will be a massive shock but ,you pay high tax here, so thats no different , pay extortionate poll tax for what you get (well i think so anyway), its basically swings and roundabouts , i think (in my humble opinion),
we live in a nice house, have a regular car, dont live extravigant lifestyles are happy to have a beer in the house etc..
but i think these people imagine when they go over its all gonna be "why hello neiighbours , heres some home made apple pie " in truth there are people everywhere that arnt as hospitable as some would like and although most people are friendly maybe she just gives off miserable vibes and scares peeps :scared:
Maybe she still carries her truncheon around.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dinamarca
Maybe she still carries her truncheon around.
Simple
Canada is Canada because that's the way it is.
Look at us in the UK, we pay through the nose for most things, where our European counter parts par far less for such things as: cars, holidays, housing.
I was at the dentist last week, who attempted explaining the new charges.
However, he said that. treatment is no longer available on the NHS you'll have to go private, root canal £240 if I am lucky.
So in my eyes the UK will ten times worse than most places in a few years time.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Griff
Simple
Canada is Canada because that's the way it is.
Look at us in the UK, we pay through the nose for most things, where our European counter parts par far less for such things as: cars, holidays, housing.
However, he said that. treatment is no longer available on the NHS you'll have to go private, root canal £240 if I am lucky.
It'd be ten times worse than places with £24 root canal procedures (assuming canal rooting is important to you) but where are they?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbd33
It'd be ten times worse than places with £24 root canal procedures (assuming canal rooting is important to you) but where are they?
You've lost me on that one.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

You've lost me on that one.
SShh, poor chap, he saw Marie Antoinette (not the real one) he's going to pieces...He also has a foot fetish, but we keep quiet about that. (There isn't an emoticon to follow that).

Does anyone want to see photos of my carpet?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
How many posts do you need to be a senior member (I've always wanted (to be) a senior member).
Don't do the inner paranthesis first.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve666
How many posts do you need to be a senior member (I've always wanted (to be) a senior member).
Don't do the inner paranthesis first.
Ok so I can't spell, I only do numbers.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:48 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I broke a back molar this year in Calgary. Had to have a root canal, a peg and a crown ...... $2000 thankyouverymuch!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

NewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I broke a back molar this year in Calgary. Had to have a root canal, a peg and a crown ...... $2000 thankyouverymuch!
This root canal that you're all talking about ..... can I skate on it in winter?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:13 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NewWorldMan
This root canal that you're all talking about ..... can I skate on it in winter?
It's a root canal, how do you expect to skate on it.

Way too many roots and twigs sticking up, very few clear spots.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
SShh, poor chap, he saw Marie Antoinette (not the real one) he's going to pieces...He also has a foot fetish, but we keep quiet about that. (There isn't an emoticon to follow that).

Does anyone want to see photos of my carpet?
Lots of shoes in that movie. Not great shoes though; more padded than heeled and no feet in them.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Canada has it right i think making people pay for things and being choosy about who they let in to the country (obciously were not too choosy with her she must have slipped through!!).
Meow!

We let any tom dick and harry just wander in to the country they get a council house and grant for a car etc (they are too scared to use public transport).
Utter and complete rubbish. I'm sick of hearing this from people who have room temperature IQs. Give it a rest.

We are getting so many polish coming over working for a couple of quid and taking jobs from people in the UK.
And why are the polish plumbers taking all the jobs? Because they work harder than the feckless Brits, who seem to think that they have some God-given right to money simply because they are born in the UK.

At least to get in to canada you have to be able to support yourself and cant just sponge off everyone!!!
Oh you poor deluded person. You think that Canada doesn't have its share of useless lazy incompetent people? There are millions of them.

K.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:48 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Bloody whining Brits. I cant stand them.
^^^ Like what he said but louder and with more additood.

Rich.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.