Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:27 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Default Re: Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Lol

Am I missing something? - it really doesn't matter what the translation is in another language - the message should be read and understood according to the language it was written - not translated to another language so that you can translate it into a meaning you prefer.

However as you said yourself this conversation should be bought to an end.

Flimsy reasoning, certainly applies if you translate the meaning to suit yourself.

Psychologically, it is a known fact that everyone has a different opinion on the same subject. It is also the case that different people are correct in their thinking from their own perspective, even if it is in direct opposition to some-one else's view points.

This forum is full of items that appear to contradict due to it being full of opinions - dont try to change the world - accept that some people differ in opinion to you - open your mind and try to understand the world from their view point and expand your thinking.

Originally Posted by kt0157
In Trashlish (a language similar to English) the word "explain" means "repeat a false story enough times until people believe it".

The Trashlish word "bored" means "bring conversation to an end to avoid focus on flimsy reasoning behind an explanation (q.v.)"

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:30 pm
Banned

AnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Linda P
Trash..................

So if we don't share your opinions, we must be trash!!!!

As the annoying lady in the Mattress, Mattress advert says " WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE "

Linda
Give it up Linda. This person has a major chip on his/her shoulder, and if anyone dares to disagree with his/her opinion, they are labelled "bigot" (favourite word) "racist" and other numbskull name-calling.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you so sure, there are more on here saying it is true. Where is your proof that you are right.
The moon is made of cheese. You deny it. Where's your proof you're right?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. The claim is that a family are getting £30K in benefits on top of their income. I didn't believe it. The proof? She says it's true, true, true, true.

Well, sorry, but unless there's some evidence to back up this extraordinary claim, I don't believe it. And nor should any other sane thinking person. When pressed about this, lady just says "oh, refer to my previous comments" and "I'm bored". Now, a link to a DSS website laying out the benefits claimable, a link to an article in the BBC news web site, or even a blog where the calculations are laid out, that would be a start.

Don't you ever wonder why none of these stories ever have any credible verification? It's because they are untrue.

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnetteM
Give it up Linda. This person has a major chip on his/her shoulder, and if anyone dares to disagree with his/her opinion, they are labelled "bigot" (favourite word) "racist" and other numbskull name-calling.
Opinion is something arrived at after considering information. You can disagree with my opinions on all kinds of things (e.g. drugs laws). I don't call people who disagree with me bigots. I call you a bigot because, well, you've demonstrated it. You peddle false stories and never post anything to substantiate the extraordinary claims in them.

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

The moon is made of cheese. You deny it. Where's your proof you're right?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. The claim is that a family are getting £30K in benefits on top of their income. I didn't believe it. The proof? She says it's true, true, true, true.

Well, sorry, but unless there's some evidence to back up this extraordinary claim, I don't believe it. And nor should any other sane thinking person. When pressed about this, lady just says "oh, refer to my previous comments" and "I'm bored". Now, a link to a DSS website laying out the benefits claimable, a link to an article in the BBC news web site, or even a blog where the calculations are laid out, that would be a start.

Don't you ever wonder why none of these stories ever have any credible verification? It's because they are untrue.

K.
Right back at you.........where is your proof that it isn't true!!!!

Sorry kiddo it works both ways.....

Benefits are handed out for all sorts of strange things.....even heating allowance for retired Expats living in Spain!
So why do you not believe they hand out money for cars etc...

Linda
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daedra
Damn, sounds like I've been missing out on a whole other side of English life! *lol* Pour me a warm one printer, we'll be there in 2 hours
Daedra,

This thread has found new life once again, it may just make page 30 after all.

As for a warm one, that sums up my bath/shower water at present, the immersion has died on me.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry kiddo it works both ways.....
That is about the most illogical thing I've heard today.

Talking of which, I had lunch today in a pub with a friend of mine, who works in the metropolitan police. He's had the job of verifying the police certificates sent to the CHC (it's part of the standard background check). I gave him the list of people who used real looking names, and he got back to me with some of the matches against the police computer records. It's amazing what he found. He said there's a Linda P who got a conviction for benefit fraud a few years ago. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I'm sorry that I can't post any proof of this but my friend wants to stay anonymous. But it's true nonetheless*, the proof of which is explained above. Now, if you don't mind, I'm bored of explaining this truth to you and will not reply to any requests for further details.

K.
*OK. It isn't. I just made it up. Looks like I just joined the large club of people spreading false stories. How ironic.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by printer
As for a warm one, that sums up my bath/shower water at present, the immersion has died on me.
Should be using a combi boiler. Then when it dies you don't even get the remains of a hot tank of water.

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not disagreeing with my opinions that makes someone trash. It's being a bigoted ignorant person peddling hated-filled lies. It's being a person who whines about the awfulness of "free speech" being used by hook-handed Muslim clerics to preach hate, who then in the next breath go on to use free speech to spout hatred about immigrants coming over and getting free cars and houses.

I'm quite amazed at how many there are on this forum. I wonder if it's something inherent to Canada that attracts this trash? Do they fit to mainstream Canadian life?

K.
I think this is an extreme comment. "Bigoted, ignorant, hate filled lies, trash" blah, blah.
Unless you know any of these people personally then you are making assumptions.
A simple "no i don't agree" would suffice!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

A simple "no i don't agree" would suffice!
"No, I don't agree" makes it sound like the lies are a matter of opinion, to be debated like drugs policy. You properly should say "that's not true".

And when the response is "it's true because I say it's true" or "it's true until someone proves it's false" then you draw the conclusions that the person is an idiot who chooses to believe these stories because they justify their prejudices.

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

That is about the most illogical thing I've heard today.

Talking of which, I had lunch today in a pub with a friend of mine, who works in the metropolitan police. He's had the job of verifying the police certificates sent to the CHC (it's part of the standard background check). I gave him the list of people who used real looking names, and he got back to me with some of the matches against the police computer records. It's amazing what he found. He said there's a Linda P who got a conviction for benefit fraud a few years ago. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I'm sorry that I can't post any proof of this but my friend wants to stay anonymous. But it's true nonetheless*, the proof of which is explained above. Now, if you don't mind, I'm bored of explaining this truth to you and will not reply to any requests for further details.

K.
*OK. It isn't. I just made it up. Looks like I just joined the large club of people spreading false stories. How ironic.

Fraud...............No, No, No your friend has it wrong I was apparently entitled to it! bought my last car.....

Linda P
Old Nov 26th 2006, 10:31 pm
Banned

AnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud of

Opinion is something arrived at after considering information. You can disagree with my opinions on all kinds of things (e.g. drugs laws). I don't call people who disagree with me bigots. I call you a bigot because, well, you've demonstrated it. You peddle false stories and never post anything to substantiate the extraordinary claims in them.

K.

I do? Where? And can you substantiate your claim that I am a bigot? You don't even know me or anything about me.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AnnetteM
And can you substantiate your claim that I am a bigot?
Click on your profile and hit "find other postings by this person".

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

This thread has found new life once again, it may just make page 30 after all.
I just checked. It needs 90 more posts to make it to being the longest thread. Tell me more about your boiler.

K.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:32 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked. It needs 90 more posts to make it to being the longest thread. Tell me more about your boiler.

K.
LOL!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.