Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Old Nov 26th 2006, 1:56 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Originally Posted by lupo29
I realize that the post I responded to was an oldie, but my bf showed me the post and thought I'd get a kick out of reading it...and I did, and I just had to respond, silly people and their
fantasies of moving to another country!..LMAO! Yeah and when I came to the UK I thought it was gonna look like Nottinghill, and everyone would talk like Hugh Grant!?..(right) I just don't get it when people complain and winge until their blue in the face but when it comes down to it, they stay anyway?..Hmmm, I'm confused. I wasn't trying to knock Britain either, I do like it here, it is just really different than what I am used to, but I can appreciate it. I'm waffling now, cause I'm new and loving this!..lol
Karma to you lupo and welcome to you and your bf to the site!

You made me reminisce (spelling will be wrong!) about what I was told to expect of England before coming here.... everyone will drink warm beer, they have bad teeth, can be a bit prudish, very intelligent/well educated people, terribly dark weather... so far only encountered one or two to be occasionally true. NOT like what my Canadian friends & family warned me of at all... VERY different and the biggest point to this being, its not familiar & what we are used to calling home.
I don't think its better or worse, just different.. and the main reason we would probaly move back to Canada is due to the over-inflated house prices in this country, we'd prefer to save up a downpayment and convert into CDN and get a house that could comfortably be grown into and become a family home, not a squishy claustorphobic 2 up 2 down!!
Oh and we'd also like to see the sun more frequently then once a week too and have proper summers and winters with distinct differences to define them
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daedra
Karma to you lupo and welcome to you and your bf to the site!

You made me reminisce (spelling will be wrong!) about what I was told to expect of England before coming here.... everyone will drink warm beer, they have bad teeth, can be a bit prudish, very intelligent/well educated people, terribly dark weather..
Daedra, you mean it isn't true? Well i suppose not in Manchester anyway, but come down south and meet us we like nothing more than a nice warm beer and we don't smile much because the weathers crap, the beers warm and it would show off our bad teeth.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:13 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kt0157
I do apologise. I made the assumption that you were telling something true, but in fact it seems it was yet more of the "free houses, cars, and holidays" rubbish we've come to expect.

K.
not even going there ...I have seen the paperwork for myself....and I was as shocked as anyone could be...it's a fact i'm afraid.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann101
not even going there ...I have seen the paperwork for myself....and I was as shocked as anyone could be...it's a fact i'm afraid.
Well, if it's true then please tell us what benefits are being claimed. I'm giving up my job and becoming a professional lead swinger.

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kt0157. I'm giving up my job and becoming a professional lead swinger.

K.[/QUOTE]

Is that an official Olympic sport?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Is that an official Olympic sport?
Not until you're an immigrant. Apparently.

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not until you're an immigrant. Apparently.

K.
Dammit.
Just thought if you were a proffesional lead swinger in the UK you may be able to get this recognized and in turn add points to your application for Canada.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dammit.
Just thought if you were a proffesional lead swinger in the UK you may be able to get this recognized and in turn add points to your application for Canada.
Funnily enough, one doesn't uproot one's lifestyle to emigrate just to live on the poverty line on welfare (or even to get mythical free cars, houses and holidays).

The trash on this forum aren't going to Canada to do so. Yet the same people are quick to criticise (without evidence) the motives of those coming to the UK.

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough, one doesn't uproot one's lifestyle to emigrate just to live on the poverty line on welfare (or even to get mythical free cars, houses and holidays).

The trash on this forum aren't going to Canada to do so. Yet the same people are quick to criticise (without evidence) the motives of those coming to the UK.

K.

Trash..................

So if we don't share your opinions, we must be trash!!!!

As the annoying lady in the Mattress, Mattress advert says " WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE "

Linda
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Linda P
So if we don't share your opinions, we must be trash!!!!
No, it's not disagreeing with my opinions that makes someone trash. It's being a bigoted ignorant person peddling hated-filled lies. It's being a person who whines about the awfulness of "free speech" being used by hook-handed Muslim clerics to preach hate, who then in the next breath go on to use free speech to spout hatred about immigrants coming over and getting free cars and houses.

I'm quite amazed at how many there are on this forum. I wonder if it's something inherent to Canada that attracts this trash? Do they fit to mainstream Canadian life?

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:35 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Daedra, you mean it isn't true? Well i suppose not in Manchester anyway, but come down south and meet us we like nothing more than a nice warm beer and we don't smile much because the weathers crap, the beers warm and it would show off our bad teeth.
Damn, sounds like I've been missing out on a whole other side of English life! *lol* Pour me a warm one printer, we'll be there in 2 hours
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:39 pm
Senile Member

No, it's not disagreeing with my opinions that makes someone trash. It's being a bigoted ignorant person peddling hated-filled lies. It's being a person who whines about the awfulness of "free speech" being used by hook-handed Muslim clerics to preach hate, who then in the next breath go on to use free speech to spout hatred about immigrants coming over and getting free cars and houses.

I'm quite amazed at how many there are on this forum. I wonder if it's something inherent to Canada that attracts this trash? Do they fit to mainstream Canadian life?

K.
AGH.. BITE YOUR TONGUE KT!

We dont know nothing in Canada about immigrants getting free cars and houses, we all are under the impression that it might actually be more difficult for someone immigrating away from their home country family/friends to establish themselves somewhere new, shockingly enough!
EDIT: (Oops double negative... WE KNOW NOTHING is what I meant)

P.S Are those clerics with healing powers...like the Paladins they have in Dungeons & Dragons RPG?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:54 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, if it's true then please tell us what benefits are being claimed. I'm giving up my job and becoming a professional lead swinger.

K.
Benefits were explained in previous thread...I'm bored now, so don't expect a reply
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ann101
Benefits were explained in previous thread...I'm bored now, so don't expect a reply
In Trashlish (a language similar to English) the word "explain" means "repeat a false story enough times until people believe it".

The Trashlish word "bored" means "bring conversation to an end to avoid focus on flimsy reasoning behind an explanation (q.v.)"

K.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

K.

The money being handed out.......you claim is untrue.

What makes you so sure, there are more on here saying it is true. Where is your proof that you are right.

Linda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.