Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Originally Posted by printer
Ok i think i need therapy. This is becoming addictive, i logged on this morning to update myself and was late for work.
My wife moans "you spend all your time on that bloody computer talking to your new friends" It's ok i assured her they are not my friends, just sparring partners.
I might be in the old peoples home before you, if so i'll save you a chair by the window but whatever you do, don't ask me for Ovaltine!!!!!!!!!
Where do you work?

Tell your wife you're updating your Canadian 'information package' to make a smoother transition to your landing in Canada, so it's beneficial to her and the family in general (then finish by saying "my darling"). Do you think she'll fall for that?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Where do you work?

Tell your wife you're updating your Canadian 'information package' to make a smoother transition to your landing in Canada, so it's beneficial to her and the family in general (then finish by saying "my darling"). Do you think she'll fall for that?
I doubt it, the only purpose for a computer in her eyes is to play solitaire on and check the occasional e mail.
I work in Wokingham, but often travel all over the UK, as you can see when in the office and the boss is not looking i spend time on here.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:40 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Daedra, Do you really LOOK like A Daedra? How do you manage to type?

Ovaltine is a pseudonym for 'sex', as in "Time for our ovaltine dear," or Fancy an ovaltine love?" or "Mmmm, this ovaltine tastes good". Etc.

How DISTURBING does it look now??....
Uugh! I feel bile rising in my throat now *insert puky smiley*

That photo doesn't show my good side I'm afraid*lol*
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it, the only purpose for a computer in her eyes is to play solitaire on and check the occasional e mail.
I work in Wokingham, but often travel all over the UK, as you can see when in the office and the boss is not looking i spend time on here.
Sound like my wife, she uses one at work but hates it when she has to at home. I'm the one who has to go online and order the skirt/blouse/trousers/socks/sacks from Littlewoods, or books on Amazon or the 'toys' on Ann Summers when she wants them.

Ha! Hate bosses, that's why I started on my own, well one of the reasons anyway. Sometimes I catch myself out, surfing where I shouldn't be, I tell myself off and warn me that I'll get fired if I found myself doing it again...
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Daedra
Well, if your good side is the avatar next to your name, um, I prefer the Daedra side of you.

Did you put in a bid on my auction for tickets to see Snow Patrol? Or don't you like them?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Sound like my wife, she uses one at work but hates it when she has to at home. I'm the one who has to go online and order the skirt/blouse/trousers/socks/sacks from Littlewoods, or books on Amazon or the 'toys' on Ann Summers when she wants them.

Ha! Hate bosses, that's why I started on my own, well one of the reasons anyway. Sometimes I catch myself out, surfing where I shouldn't be, I tell myself off and warn me that I'll get fired if I found myself doing it again...
Yes that all sounds very familiar, are we married to the same woman?
Just been looking at the thread about ginger people and it's way longer and more insulting than this one ever got.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Uugh! I feel bile rising in my throat now *insert puky smiley*

I just saw the 'Dorian Gray' thing under your name thing, the best quote I've heard from the book is "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it . . . Resist it and the soul grows sick with longing..." Good old Oscar, got me into trouble that did 5 years ago.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes that all sounds very familiar, are we married to the same woman?
Just been looking at the thread about ginger people and it's way longer and more insulting than this one ever got.
What's her name?

Ginger people? There's a thread on ginger people??
Hold on I'll have a quick look...

Nope can't find it, but I did leave a message for you to send me that link to the Aussie person who sings about Canada and 'the naughty word'.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

What's her name?

Ginger people? There's a thread on ginger people??
Hold on I'll have a quick look...

Nope can't find it, but I did leave a message for you to send me that link to the Aussie person who sings about Canada and 'the naughty word'.
Sent you the link.
Have a look in "the maple leaf" and then go to the thread which says "why you have to read other forums" the link is in there.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=printer]Sent you the link.
Have a look in "the maple leaf" and then go to the thread which says "why you have to read other forums" the link is in there.[/QUOT]

ok
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:15 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if your good side is the avatar next to your name, um, I prefer the Daedra side of you.

Did you put in a bid on my auction for tickets to see Snow Patrol? Or don't you like them?
Like some of their songs, but not £3000 worth, afraid you'll have to find another s*cker and I'm sure there's plenty on e-bay
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:17 pm
Senile Member

I just saw the 'Dorian Gray' thing under your name thing, the best quote I've heard from the book is "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it . . . Resist it and the soul grows sick with longing..." Good old Oscar, got me into trouble that did 5 years ago.
Oscar Wilde was pure genius... I'm impressed, I think your the first person who actually knows what that quote I have up refers to!

Hmm got my curiousity up now.. gonna have to look for this ginger thread you two are on about
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Like some of their songs, but not £3000 worth, afraid you'll have to find another s*cker and I'm sure there's plenty on e-bay
I had bought the tickets (4) for £106 altogether, the last bid was at £106 so at least I got my money back. Saw them in Edinburgh in August but got greedy and bought more tickets for Manchester. It's on a Wednesday which makes everything awkward about getting up there, somewhere to stay etc. So not going.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Oscar Wilde was pure genius... I'm impressed, I think your the first person who actually knows what that quote I have up refers to!

Hmm got my curiousity up now.. gonna have to look for this ginger thread you two are on about

Do you think Dorian is Oscar?
Or Basil? Like some people think he is.
Discuss

I don't like him particularly but James Blunt had a line in one of his songs apparently, something about "hiding his self like Dorian Grey", or something like that.

The ginger thread is (was) hilarious, read it through, particularly from post 23 or there abouts.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you think Dorian is Oscar?
Or Basil? Like some people think he is.
Discuss

I don't like him particularly but James Blunt had a line in one of his songs apparently, something about "hiding his self like Dorian Grey", or something like that.

The ginger thread is (was) hilarious, read it through, particularly from post 23 or there abouts.
I didn't mean I don't like Oscar, I meant I don't particularly like James Blunt, or rather his songs. Though I'd clear that up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.