Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Originally Posted by Sarahad
I dont understand how you can say things are 'hearsay' that you obviously know nothing about. It happens and is happening. Where in the UK do you live?
She doesn't live anywhere specific, KT is all around us....

Anyway entertaining though all this is, it's Sunday night 10.40, my wife has told me it's time for bed, it's my turn to get the Ovaltine, get the iPod set up for some bedside music and look forward to another day at the office tomorrow.
AND THANKS A BUNCH FOR NOT CONGRATULATING ME ON GETTING TO SENIOR MEMBERSHIP!

I shall look forward to getting into this thread tomorrow morning and read through all the congratulation posts.

Actuall, I went through the 100 mark without realising.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:32 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
(Note the capital letter after the exclamation mark, I know some grammer). (I do too many brackets though). Hitler did too in 'Mein Kampf'. Now HE was a bigot.
Hitler was less of a bigot and more of a xenophobe. He was also an alleged homosexual from Romany descent, through a questionable family tree originating in Austria. He did well for himself as an immigrant to Germany. He was scared of public transport too, after a beating he took when getting off a bus by the Reichstag once. The buses stopped going to the Reichstag stop after some non-community minded person burnt the place down in 1933. Very odd. After the Night of the Long Knives in 1934, there were one or two paramilitary organizations, quietly sanctioned by the somewhat alarmed government of the day, who were rumoured to be rushing to give Hitler free cars. A whole fleet in fact. And the odd tank. Not sure who signed the cheques though. I tried to find out and someone tried to shoot me [down]for asking a simple question to verify the authenticity of the rumour
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Eight horses? You must be sha%&£d, you live near a farm?
My oh is an illegal immigrant farm worker. On weekends I help her out in the barn where she works and then we ride.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:47 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I've just realised you live in Oakville! We were there in 2003 looking at new houses, nice place. Bit expensive now I hear.
I think you're having a senior moment. I haven't lived in Oakville for over two years.

I see that you're from Basingstoke. Also that you were looking at new houses in Oakville and found them nice. I think you'll find the move pretty easy.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:21 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

As I said before... and will say again....
My father in law sold a car for over £3000 to immigrants, they used a giro cheque that they could write any amount on to get a car. DSS confirmed with father in law cheque was genuine and due to not feeling they can use public transport. Father in law took cheque, they took car, he got the money.
Sounds pretty simple to understand to me, let me know when it sinks in. And please confirm where you get your 'facts' from... I dont believe anything written in newspapers.
I prefer real life situations than 'reputable publications' to make an opinion.

Please let us know how your father knew they were immigrants? Infact define what he considers an immigrant to be. DSS confirmed the cheque was genuine............how odd what with the data protection act and so plus they confirm why the cheque was given to them.This is more like an urban myth than anything else.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:32 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

10 pages must be a record surely.

Definately not a record, check out the bar in the Maple Leaf and there are others.

Raine
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:34 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh by the way, congrats on becoming a senior member.

are on me in the bar.

Raine
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:39 pm

they used a giro cheque that they could write any amount on to get a car.
I'm having a seriously hard time believing that. Any amount? Any?

This sounds a lot like: "bloke down the pub.....knows this other bloke.....brother works for DSS.....bleedin' Porsche they got!!!!!"
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:39 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Where in the UK do you live?
Little Headstuckupassington It's fair quaint and far removed from the grime and misery of the post industrial north.

Rich
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont understand how you can say things are 'hearsay' that you obviously know nothing about. It happens and is happening. Where in the UK do you live?
You've been asked to provide a credible source for any of these events. You can't. It's just a made up story. No amount of saying "but it's true" is convincing.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
This sounds a lot like: "bloke down the pub.....knows this other bloke.....brother works for DSS.....bleedin' Porsche they got!!!!!"
Oh dear. That's going to turn into a "fact" very soon.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:08 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157
You've been asked to provide a credible source for any of these events. You can't. It's just a made up story. No amount of saying "but it's true" is convincing.

K.
OK so you win, there's no problem with the case handling of immigrants and nobody has ever remained in the UK as an illegal immigrant after being denied asylum there are no homes in the country stacked floor to ceiling with numerous types of immigrants. No immigrant runs street rackets, and they buy their own leather jackets, cell phones and Tesco sneakers. The criminal underground (no it's not a tube stop) in London is not run by Albanian and Kosovan non-status crime gangs, in which case the police and crime intelligence sources are also bare faced frickin liars.

Rich.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:14 pm
Reunited

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I'm having a seriously hard time believing that. Any amount? Any?

Yeah me too.

The government issuing a blank cheque to someone, seriously doubt that.

Raine
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rich_007
OK so you win, there's no problem with the case handling of immigrants
Never denied that. Plenty of evidence for it, in fact.

and nobody has ever remained in the UK as an illegal immigrant after being denied asylum
Never denied that. Plenty of evidence for it, in fact.

there are no homes in the country stacked floor to ceiling with numerous types of immigrants.
Err, never read about that (heard lots of stories since I was a kid about "Pakis" being packed in houses). How does that work then? Why are they "stacked"? Can't afford the rent?

No immigrant runs street rackets
Never denied that. Plenty of non-immigrants running street rackets too.

and they buy their own leather jackets, cell phones and Tesco sneakers.
Come on Rich, you can do better than that. Leather jackets are cheap. Ditto cell phones and Tesco sneakers. No-one is going to get all frothy and vote BNP over that. Come on, big it up a bit. I heard they get free cars. Porsches in fact. And houses. Big detached ones. In Chelsea.

The criminal underground (no it's not a tube stop) in London is not run by Albanian and Kosovan non-status crime gangs
There surely must be some criminals who are British? Are even our hard-working criminals being done out of a dishonest day's work by immigrants?

in which case the police and crime intelligence sources are also bare faced frickin liars.
Never denied that there are liars in the Police. Plenty of evidence for it.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by kt0157
Oh dear. That's going to turn into a "fact" very soon.

K.
As any propogandist will tell you: "if enough people believe something, it's a fact".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.