Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Living in Ontario ! Don't bother ... wish I hadn't

Originally Posted by kt0157
My mistake. You were told by your Dad that he heard on the phone from someone who said that they'd been told the policy was free cars. Isn't it good we now allow hearsay evidence in court in terrorist trials?

Translation into English: "I think some Government regulator should stop people coming in so that wages are higher here and I can get more money for doing less."

Translation into economics: "I think that costs of hiring someone in the UK should be high so that all the jobs move to India"

Anyway, you can't have an LMO regime even if you wanted one. The UK is in a single trading zone with the rest of the EU, and that means free movement of goods, capital and labour across the union.

Canada, on the other hand, is in NAFTA, which doesn't permit free movement of goods (all those customs people at the border ready to pounce with GST and PST demands on people who got their cars repaired in the US) and doesn't permit free movement of labour.

K.
I am just telling the facts of what has happened in my area, it could be different where you live and maybe you are not affected.

You seem to have misunderstood alot of what I have said. We are all entitled to our opinions, you have yours I have mine. And I would rather base mine on real life and what is happening all around me rather than what Politicians
and other people say.

Last edited by Sarahad; Nov 12th 2006 at 9:20 am.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:56 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Fact = Immigrates for what ever reason do get cheques to pay for cars.
Fact = They even get FREE driving lessons.

This is fact not hearsay. Why do I know this, I`m a Driving Instructor.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
Fact = Immigrates for what ever reason do get cheques to pay for cars.
Fact = They even get FREE driving lessons.

This is fact not hearsay. Why do I know this, I`m a Driving Instructor.
I'm sorry to be rude but you obviously aren't well educated (you can't even spell basic English words like "immigrant") and probably aren't very intelligent. I expect you simply misunderstood the situation.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:18 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry to be rude but you obviously aren't well educated (you can't even spell basic English words like "immigrant") and probably aren't very intelligent. I expect you simply misunderstood the situation.

K.

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:scared:
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:44 pm
Banned

AnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud of

K.
Evidently mis-spelling a word is a sign of lack of intelligence. Why do you always have to be so obnoxious when someone has a point of view other than your own?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnetteM
Evidently mis-spelling a word is a sign of lack of intelligence. Why do you always have to be so obnoxious when someone has a point of view other than your own?
Oh don't be so silly. Save your sympathy for the immigrants who daily have to put up with the consequences of the lies peddled by these idiots.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:02 pm
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

You see? Angela has caused us to argue. Even the spelling's going downhill.

She really is a witch. Burn her!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnetteM
I agree here. This thread is interesting. No point being petty here picking on spelling errors.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:09 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Did they have heeled shoes in the 18th Century? I know the horses did, do you do horses feet too?
I bet Price's factory would. Watched Kinky Boots last night. Mildly funny but did the homesick works on me again.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:13 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

K.

I would rather be a bad speller than a rude person any day of the week.

But thank you for your opinion.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:17 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahad
I am just telling the facts of what has happened in my area, it could be different where you live and maybe you are not affected.

You seem to have misunderstood alot of what I have said. We are all entitled to our opinions, you have yours I have mine. And I would rather base mine on real life and what is happening all around me rather than what Politicians
and other people say.
No, we are just liars. The facts were that: where I used to live two guys worked at a PCB assembly plant employing hundreds, and over a 3 year period immigrant worked were hired almost exclusively, employment conditions deteriorated etc. The two guys both posted their cars for sale on the employee notice board and same as your example happened. I saw photocopies of the cheques myself. But of course, we're just liars aren't we ?

I'd rather be a realist than a puffed up inflated chintzy old ladies ballgown full of brain anaesthesia.

Rich.

Last edited by Rich_007; Nov 12th 2006 at 5:33 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:18 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
My Old Man said be a Tottenham Fan.
I said (abbreviated to avoid upsetting anypeeps) "FOBYAT" mwahhaaa always made me laugh that one. Sung in Chaz and Dave accents.

Rich.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
I would rather be a bad speller than a rude person any day of the week.

But thank you for your opinion.
Well, I would rather be rude to a bigot than make and peddle false stories to make life miserable for immigrants.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rich_007
I saw photocopies of the cheques myself. But of course, we're just liars aren't we ?
I'm betting that you don't know why the cheque was cut, and I'm betting that "for a free car because you're an immigrant" is not the real story. Giro cheques get written for all sorts. I knew a waster years ago got a cheque for £1000 for new bedding for his 7 kids. They didn't get new bedding, but he did get a new TV. And a lot of booze. So the truth was "Government gives wastrels free money for TVs and booze"?

But, as we know, the lie travels round the world before the truth gets its boots on.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:45 pm
Ontario

kt0157
Well, I would rather be rude to a bigot than make and peddle false stories to make life miserable for immigrants.

K.
Sorry, got to bite and if this is what turns you on then, enjoy…

Bigot
A person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Now does this remind you of some one?

If the only thing you can fall out with me is my spelling, on the subject, then who has WON.

Not once did I make any derogatory statement about you, I was pointing out facts that I know to be true, and if this upsets you maybe you should get out into the real world and open your eyes to what is going on around you.

I am certainly NOT a Bigot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.