Reload this Page >

Living in London

Wikiposts

Living in London

Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

jasslily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in London

I have been living in London, England for many years, infact I was born here.
I married my wife from Vancouver several years ago and since marriage she has been living in the UK with me.
Up until recently the crime her was barable but for the last few years it has become beyond my immiagination.
We live in an average area.
Few months back whilst we were on holiday someone decided to remove the door of my wifes car. a few weeks later someone broke my side window as i had a few black bags of clothes i wanted to drop of to a charity shop, a few weeks after that someone broke into our house and burglaed our house. A few weeks after some one stole my number plates and used them to driver thru the congestion zone in london. Thet were later found dumped in central london. a few weeks later we accidently left our car door unlocked in our own drive way and someone helped theirselves to our car stero. and just last week i was at a cash point and 6 black guys about 14-16 year olds started to take a knife out and wanted the 150 pounds i had just taken out the cash machine.

How can anyway take this. We have asked other people and they are reporting similar stories but not as often as us.
In the news today the goverment has reported that crime here is going up due to a lot of large scale friminals coming into the uk from the newly joined euopean countries.
The goverment has lost count of the population here in the UK.
It is the rise in such crime that is serously making us think shall we leave the UK
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:32 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada

I'd read this before you jump from one G8 nation to another
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:10 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

You should consider moving to Eastern Europe. By the sounds of things they don't have many criminals left. If you were thinking about moving to Vancouver, car crime is apparently rife here. Although you'll be relieved to know there aren't many black people here.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jasslily
I have been living in London, England for many years, infact I was born here.
I married my wife from Vancouver several years ago and since marriage she has been living in the UK with me.
Up until recently the crime her was barable but for the last few years it has become beyond my immiagination.
We live in an average area.
Few months back whilst we were on holiday someone decided to remove the door of my wifes car. a few weeks later someone broke my side window as i had a few black bags of clothes i wanted to drop of to a charity shop, a few weeks after that someone broke into our house and burglaed our house. A few weeks after some one stole my number plates and used them to driver thru the congestion zone in london. Thet were later found dumped in central london. a few weeks later we accidently left our car door unlocked in our own drive way and someone helped theirselves to our car stero. and just last week i was at a cash point and 6 black guys about 14-16 year olds started to take a knife out and wanted the 150 pounds i had just taken out the cash machine.

How can anyway take this. We have asked other people and they are reporting similar stories but not as often as us.
In the news today the goverment has reported that crime here is going up due to a lot of large scale friminals coming into the uk from the newly joined euopean countries.
The goverment has lost count of the population here in the UK.
It is the rise in such crime that is serously making us think shall we leave the UK

sounds like you've had a lot of bad luck! Canada has its problems believe me, someone gets shot in toronto almost every other day...... but then i like alot of things about the city but no where is perfect believe me.

Moving to a new country isn’t easy and if your moving because your not happy in England doesn’t mean you’ll be happy in Canada…. Move because you want to live a new life…… some things are better here and some things are not!
I also find it funny when people say they are immigrating because there sick of immigrants in the UK, just remember when you emigrate you become an immigrant!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Very few people get shot in Regina.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:14 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizwil98

Liz, you should work for the tourism board.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lizwil98
no offence but i heard it was drug central? but that was on CBC so maybe im wrong i dunno know
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas

Liz, you should work for the tourism board.
Too funny!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:44 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasslily
Crime was one of the major reasons why I left London for Canada. Much petty theft goes unreported because the police don't bother to investigate it.

In my time in London I was burgled once. Attempted burglary twice, had all my garden tools stolen, had my cell phone stolen, had my handbag stolen...

Crime seems to be pretty rife in London these days...
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:54 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada

I'd read this before you jump from one G8 nation to another
Ah but where is the context? Stats are great but....

I could argue that Canadians are far more likely to report crime. I think most people int he UK don't even bother any more do they? It would be interesting to see how many of the incidents involving the OP he actually reported.

I know one thing only. i live in Downtown Toronto, and feel far, far safer than I did when I was living back in Essex even, never mind East London. I can walk home with my girl at any time of the day and night secure in the knowledge that I won't have to face a gang of roaming chavs around the next bend.

Anyone who disagress with the last bit has been out of the UK for a long time or didn't ever really leave their house.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:56 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
Although you'll be relieved to know there aren't many black people here.
I find that offensive, unless you are highlighting the OPs unnecessary "6 black guys about 14-16 year olds started to take a knife out " comment.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:58 am
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by celine_uk
I also find it funny when people say they are immigrating because there sick of immigrants in the UK, just remember when you emigrate you become an immigrant!
My Mum lives in Spain, doesn't speak a word of Spanish, eats in English owned restaurants, has her hair done by an English lady etc etc.

I find it very sad. And to top it all off she will bitch and moan about all of the immigrants coming into the UK. Unbelieveable!! And she reads the Daily Mail.

You can choose your friends............
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:01 am
Swollen Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/7003169.stm
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:09 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

celine, the murders in TO are invariably gang or Drug related, the kid may look like a sweet 16 year old, guaranteed he has a record.

i would add, that 90% of these incidents occur amongst a group that came from one specific area and settled in one specific area.

TO is great, it is a big city, no where near the buzz of London, but ones been around for 200 years, another for 2000.

If a specific incident involves a specific group, why is it wrong to say that???
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:54 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geo4
I find that offensive, unless you are highlighting the OPs unnecessary "6 black guys about 14-16 year olds started to take a knife out " comment.
I was. He obviously doesn't like black people otherwise he wouldn't have felt the need to mention their skin colour - he didn't in any of his other examples. Although if he dislikes Chinese people he'd be buggered out here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.