Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living in Burlington ON 3 months - Happy to help others coming over

Living in Burlington ON 3 months - Happy to help others coming over

Old May 25th 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

On-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really nice
Default Living in Burlington ON 3 months - Happy to help others coming over

Hi all we are here 3 months now and starting to find our feet and learn what's what. We moved here from Ireland in mid Feb.

Picking up a family and relocating from Irl or the UK etc is not easy. If anyone is planning on heading over this way in the near future, i.e. Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton, Missassauga etc and would like to connect with a family already here I would be happy to get in touch and help in any way that I can.

Best of luck with getting your opportunity to come here.

So far, it has not all been easy, but I have absolutely no regrets.

Please get in touch if you have any questions, big or small, and I will help you if I can.

H
Old May 25th 2011, 9:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Burlington ON 3 months - Happy to help others coming over

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome to the forum.

The immigration forum is only for visa related queries, so I'll move your thread to the Canada forum where it will be seen more.

Old May 25th 2011, 10:29 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by On-tar-ee-oh
Hi all we are here 3 months now and starting to find our feet and learn what's what. We moved here from Ireland in mid Feb.

Picking up a family and relocating from Irl or the UK etc is not easy. If anyone is planning on heading over this way in the near future, i.e. Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton, Missassauga etc and would like to connect with a family already here I would be happy to get in touch and help in any way that I can.

Please get in touch if you have any questions, big or small, and I will help you if I can.

H
Welcome to Burlington.
Old May 25th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

H
Welcome to the area - we are in Oakville and have been here close to 7 years. I would like to extend the same offer to you - if you need any help with anything don't hesitate to get in touch. The first few months are the most difficult but also the most exciting - so try to enjoy the challenges - I know that is not easy when you are dealing with the likes of the utility companies!
Old May 25th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

H
Hi there

We are a family of 4 coming over to Burlington from the UK hopefully in a months time. We have waited 14 weeks for our visas, but were told yesterday we should have them by then end of this week.

Would love to keep in contact or even meet up. Hope you are settling in well. Are you renting?

Thanks
Old May 25th 2011, 11:21 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

H
Where in Ireland did you leave? We're coming back in August.
Old May 26th 2011, 1:10 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

We are aiming for Burlington/Hamilton asap, so I'll be sure to look you up when we get something more definate
Old May 26th 2011, 1:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I am also living in the area .. and have done for 9 years. There's some good pubs in Burlington, lol, perhaps we should all meet up for a beer once it stops raining!

Old May 26th 2011, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Burlington!

We've been living in Burlington for 3 years and 2 years in Oakville before that with our fair share of ups and downs along the way.
Old May 26th 2011, 4:31 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by siouxie
I am also living in the area .. and have done for 9 years. There's some good pubs in Burlington, lol, perhaps we should all meet up for a beer once it stops raining!

I like that idea.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

TheCanary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Welcome to the area - we are in Oakville and have been here close to 7 years. I would like to extend the same offer to you - if you need any help with anything don't hesitate to get in touch. The first few months are the most difficult but also the most exciting - so try to enjoy the challenges - I know that is not easy when you are dealing with the likes of the utility companies!
We are also hoping to move to Oakville in August of this year, so very excited. I have heard so many nice things about this town and we have been there once last year to check out the schools. We were very impressed. Trying not to have too many expectations buts its very hard.
Old May 27th 2011, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

On-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really nice

Originally Posted by 27mich71
Hi there

We are a family of 4 coming over to Burlington from the UK hopefully in a months time. We have waited 14 weeks for our visas, but were told yesterday we should have them by then end of this week.

Would love to keep in contact or even meet up. Hope you are settling in well. Are you renting?

Thanks
Hi 27mich71,

best of luck getting the VISA. I remember getting ours just before Christmas. It was snowing heavily and we were the only ones going around Dublin Irl with broad grins on our faces. It's very exciting. I would love to keep in touch and offer any guidance and help that I can.

PM me and we can get to know each other. If there is anything you want to know that is not personal etc then lets keep it on thread in case it may help others etc.

looking forward to chatting

H
Old May 27th 2011, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Where in Ireland did you leave? We're coming back in August.
Hi Londonuck, we were living in Dublin. Are you coming back here in AUgust or back to the UK?

H

----------------

Dave n Ailsa
That sounds good. Hamilton is very big compared to Burlington. We found it to have a totally different vibe. It is amazing how advanced GoogleMaps is but it really doesn't give you a "feel" for a place.
Keep in touch

----------------

"siouxie
I am also living in the area .. and have done for 9 years. There's some good pubs in Burlington, lol, perhaps we should all meet up for a beer once it stops raining!"

siouxie, that sounds good. I have only seen the inside of Emma's so far in Burlington and the Firehouse in Bronte.

-------------------

"The Lees
Welcome to Burlington!

We've been living in Burlington for 3 years and 2 years in Oakville before that with our fair share of ups and downs along the way "

Thanks. How do you like Burlington compared to Oakville?

H

Last edited by On-tar-ee-oh; May 27th 2011 at 2:50 am.
Old May 27th 2011, 3:35 am
Just Joined

BelfastBowler is an unknown quantity at this point

H
Hi was it difficult for you to get the visa? What route did you take?
Old May 27th 2011, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. How do you like Burlington compared to Oakville?

H[/QUOTE]

I think I prefer Burlington as it has more of a community feel to it, it has a better waterfront and everything you need is close by. There always seems to be some event going on like the Sound of Music festival coming up next month which is free. I found Oakville can be a little pretentious especially old Oakville with the "ladies who lunch" brigade!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.