Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of
Default like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

hi

i know some of you have used these people, but like i said and still feel they were crap, we have just received our goods today, 3 weeks late, and out of the 25 box's we have oped up all 4 kitchen box's and all items in these boxes are broken, plates dish's, etc etc.
i can now see a claim going in for some funds back what aload of crap :curse:

very unhappy

just a warning to others
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of
Default Re: like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

So glad I never used them - they were far too expensive in their quote and I really didn't like the rep at all when he came to the house. He didn't even want to look around to see what we were taking and was already hanging off his chair to leave 10 mins later.

We opted for Robinsons instead and not a single problem except a broken table leg but I didn't care, just happy see my furniture after exactly 5 weeks later.

Oh and they were like a £1000GBP less.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

LadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
hi

i know some of you have used these people, but like i said and still feel they were crap, we have just received our goods today, 3 weeks late, and out of the 25 box's we have oped up all 4 kitchen box's and all items in these boxes are broken, plates dish's, etc etc.
i can now see a claim going in for some funds back what aload of crap :curse:

very unhappy

just a warning to others
Sorry to hear. Must be a real bummer.

After hearing so many things, we also ruled out Anglo-Pacific. We're going ahead with Robinsons. Not that we have many things to bring over, but we'll rather have what's left with us in Canada as a start up, especially that we didn't manage to sell the house...
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:52 am
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all

Hi, I have heard that you can share removal costs by purchasing half a pallet each to move your stuff is this so?
Old Dec 24th 2008, 11:26 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackiewalters
Hi, I have heard that you can share removal costs by purchasing half a pallet each to move your stuff is this so?
We went DIY - Maritime Crago. Packed the boxes and crate ourselves and unlaoded at the other end we saved a fortune - ok yes we had to do the work ourselves but was well worth the difference in savings.
WE were told by the "companies" who provide the full service that packing the crate ourselves would guarantee customs would open it and that would cost $1000's so wouldnt be worth doing DIY they gave a whole story about how customs "knew" shipping companies and trusted them with inventories etc and that there was no way our crate would not be opened. Customs were very impressed with my packing list and even said I had listed way more info than I needed ( worked in favour though coz they didnt need to open it) - we packed our crate and listed as we were advised by the company and also from things I had read on here - our crate was NOT opened and everything arrived in one piece
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

we have just taken pic's of all the broken items to send in for a claim, over 50 items were broken, ok its not the end of the world but when you see the state of the boxes, it looks like they have been thrown from the bloody ship.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

That's really bad, now lets see how long they take to pay out!

Good Luck - Have a good christmas
Old Dec 24th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

YES LETS SEE, if its anything like how long they took to get it here, we could be waiting a very long time :curse:
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

we have just taken pic's of all the broken items to send in for a claim, over 50 items were broken, ok its not the end of the world but when you see the state of the boxes, it looks like they have been thrown from the bloody ship.
Thats awful sorry to hear all your stuff got broken, we take all our stuff because its taken us years to accumilate, terrible when it all gets broken like that.
Hope they pay out and then some,

Really worried we have an antique dinner service 2 big boxes, its very special as well as other bits that we have inherited wonder how best to get them there ?
Anyone moved anything very delicate any other way ?
Old Dec 26th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I was really worried about all my Lalique glassware and vases but they all arrived intact. Robinsons had packed everything so perfectly, absolutely no complaints.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracie107
Yes, I was really worried about all my Lalique glassware and vases but they all arrived intact. Robinsons had packed everything so perfectly, absolutely no complaints.
things like this dinner service can't be replaced its so old but in such lovely condition, i didn't even use it this year for Christmas as i thought that would be just my luck and some would get broken,

good to know yours arrived safely, all a bit of a gamble though as all of them have complaints at one time or another.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

thats good news guys, weve just been unlucky, but would not use them again, well i hope we dont have to, we are here to stay
Old Dec 27th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of
Angry Re: like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

Heres a thread i can agree with - they are diabolical - crap doesn't even cover it, and as for all the hype we pack things so you can find them tell that to my husband who after 3 weeks is still on a one man mission to discover our forks, and as for the customer service forget it! our unpacking team were told to unload the van and drive off by their manager (nice management and customer service style i must say) even though we had paid for 1 days unpacking just because we complained when the packing team caused £800 worth of damage to our wooden floors when they were putting the stuff in boxes - which they refused to compensate us for as my husband being a trustworthy person who expects nothing less than that from others signed the paperwork before they had cleared the property - lesson learned - DON'T SIGN A RUDDY THING! you cannot claim for anything after you have signed the notes, and you cant claim for anything that they dont note as damaged on their paperwork.
Also be warned they subcontract out loads of their work, despite their sales pitch slating other companies for doing this self same thing AP say all our packers etc work directly for us blah blah blah - total crap!
Our immigration failed so our belongings went for a holiday to manchester and thankfully didn't get the complete AP experience- thank god for that- theres no way looking at the state of the boxes etc that the majority of the stuff would simply have not survived and as for the it goes in a box into a crate then just waits no chance the boxes were in that bad a way (complete,y wrapped in tape because the card was that damaged) that they must have been moved at least twice between leaving my home and being returned to me. Oh and by the way if you do decide to come back before your stuff has left the UK get ready to pay more than the cost of sending it to the place you were taking it to to start with and be warned getting it back is like trying to negotiate it out of a hostage situation! I still think my forks have been kidnapped as a form of sabotage as i complained more than once (psychological tactics)! TAKE MY ADVICE AND JUST DONT GO THERE!
Old Dec 27th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

your right about the box's, 3 of them were ripped open, and not even any evidence of maybe trying to get it taped back together by them, if it was me handleing the goods, and i seen a ripped box, i would atleast try to repair it some how,
Old Dec 27th 2008, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

your right about the box's, 3 of them were ripped open, and not even any evidence of maybe trying to get it taped back together by them, if it was me handleing the goods, and i seen a ripped box, i would atleast try to repair it some how,
I had an email from them recently asking to come and give us a shipping quote, no way not now they have lost me as a potential cutomer thanks to this thread.

Maybe i should email them back and show them this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.